Procrastibaking?? Trust me, you won’t regret it if this chocolate banana cake is on your mind. As the name suggests, chocolate banana cake is sweet, moist, and fluffy. Unlike banana bread, this cake is less dense and can be enjoyed as a dessert. If you want to know the recipe, read this article and just give it a try.
Chocolate banana cake is a comforting food that has a banana flavor infused with chocolate and vanilla flavor. It’s an excellent combination of taste and nutrition. So, If you know this recipe, you won’t have to waste ripe bananas. The presence of monosaturated fats in bananas makes this cake healthy to eat.
For the chocolate banana cake, add mashed banana, yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and chocolate chips to a bowl and mix. Now, prepare the batter by adding this mixture to a bowl containing all-purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon powder. Pour the batter into a baking pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Decorate this cake with chocolate icing.
If you want to read the elaborated recipe instructions, have a look at the recipe card below. You’ll find a similar video further below in this article. Do watch this video in case you need a reference video to be guided through the procedure. Make sure you rate this recipe before you try it.
Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
- Baking Pan (9×13)
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 1.5 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3.5 ounces Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 1/2 Boiling Water
- 1.7 ounces Butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon Boiling Water
- Butter the baking pan after you preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Take a large bowl and add all-purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder to it and mix. Set this mixture aside.
- Now, take another bowl and whisk together mashed bananas, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, sugar, butter, and egg. Pour this mixture into the bowl containing the flour mixture.
- Slowly mix all these ingredients until they combine into a smooth batter. Spray the baking pan and add the parchment paper to the baking tray. Now, pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake it for around 50-60 minutes.
- After baking, keep it aside to cool for about 10 minutes. For the icing, add cocoa powder, melted butter, icing sugar, and boiling water. Stir the mixture and decorate the cake with this chocolate icing.