Who doesn’t love a good steak? And when you add in the smoky, spicy flavors of Chipotle, you’ve got a dish that’s sure to please. Chipotle steak is a recipe that combines the flavors of both beef and Chipotle peppers.
Chipotle steak is packed with flavor. The dish is perfect for those who are fond of bold flavors and want to try something new.
To make Chipotle steak, prepare the marinade of adobo sauce, onion, and spices. Pour the marinade into the zip-loc bag over the steak.
Refrigerate it overnight, then cook it in a skillet until cooked through. Slice into bite-sized pieces before serving, and top with chopped cilantro.
To make Chipotle steak more flavorful, you should keep a few things in mind. First, make sure that you choose a good cut of meat.
It is up to you the type of meat you use, but make sure it is a lean cut. It will ensure that your steak is not too fatty.
Second, choose the right accompaniments for your steak. It can be anything from vegetables to potatoes or even rice.
In this blog post, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to make a delicious Chipotle steak recipe. So, this blog post is for you whether you’re a seasoned pro in the kitchen or a beginner cook. Let’s get started!
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Steak?
- Food Processor – Pulse the marinade ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Spatula – With a spatula, scrape off the sides to ensure no lumps.
- Cast Iron Skillet – Cook the steaks in a skillet with olive oil for 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Knife – Slice the steak into bite-sized pieces and chop the onion and spices for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Slice the steak into bite-sized pieces on a chopping board to ensure fine cutting.
- Slotted Spoon – Transfer the cooked steak to a cutting board with a slotted spoon.
- Zip-Loc Bag – In a large zip-loc bag, pour the marinade over two sirloin steaks and shake well until the steaks are well coated.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Steak?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||8 Hours||20 Minutes||8 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Steak?
For The Marinade
- Yellow Onion – Yellow onion will help to tenderize the steak, giving it a crunchier texture.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic will create a more flavorful marinade.
- Adobo Sauce – Adobo sauce while making the marinade to get steak an explosively flavorful, velvety, and smoky taste.
- Chipotle Peppers – Chipotle peppers will add smokiness and sweetness to the steak.
- Ancho Chile Powder – Add ancho chili powder to add a sweet, fruity flavor and slightly coarse texture to the steak.
- Cumin – Cumin will help break down the meat, tenderizing it. It will also impart a lovely flavor to your dish.
- Oregano – Add oregano while making the marinade to give the steak a refreshing note.
- Salt – Add salt to the marinade mixture to enhance the flavor of the steak instead of making it salty.
- Black Pepper – Add a pinch of black pepper while making the marinade mixture to get a spicy flavor.
- Olive Oil – Pour oil while making the marinade to help distribute seasonings evenly when mixing the marinade with the steak.
- Water – Pour half a cup of water to thin the marinade.
For the Steaks
- Olive Oil – Cook the steak in olive oil until cooked through.
- Sirloin Steaks – Sirloin cuts are often used to make steak recipes as they taste delicious. It can hold the marinade well.
- Cilantro – Garnish fresh chopped cilantro over your Chipotle steak to bring out the dish’s flavors, making it even more delicious.
Steps To Make Chipotle Steak
1. Marinating The Steak
To make the marinade, chop half a yellow onion and Chipotle peppers.
In a food processor jar, add chopped onion and Chipotle peppers, garlic cloves, cumin powder, oregano, ancho chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
Now pour in adobo sauce and olive oil into the jar. Pulse all the ingredients until blended.
With a spatula, scrape off the sides, then pour half a cup of water to thin the marinade. Blend the mixture again until you have one cup of marinade.
Now in a large zip-loc bag, place two sirloin steaks. Pour the marinade on top and shake well until the steaks are well coated.
Seal the bag and refrigerate it in the fridge overnight. When ready to cook, take the bag out from the fridge half an hour before cooking so it can warm up to room temperature.
2. Cooking The Steak
In a skillet, add olive oil and place two steaks. Cook them for 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
Once cooked, transfer the steaks to a chopping board with a slotted spoon and cover it with foil paper for 10 minutes. It will help the steaks to cook, and the juices will redistribute.
Slice the steak into bite-sized pieces. Serve hot with chopped cilantro.
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Vitamin A||1303 iu|
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
How Will Chipotle Steak Look And Taste Like?
If you have never had Chipotle steak, you are in for a treat. The first thing that you will notice is the intense flavor that the pepper gives off. It provides the steak with a smoky flavor that is unique and delicious.
The Chipotle steak has never let me down. It is juicy and pink, and well-seasoned. It has an exquisite charred flavor that only fresh-grilled steak can have.
They are tender and chewy. Chipotle steaks are marinated in a Chipotle pepper sauce and then grilled or roasted. The result is a flavorful and slightly spicy meat.
Chipotle Steak Copycat Recipe
- Food Processor
- Cast-Iron Skillet
- Chopping Board
- Slotted Spoon
- Zip-loc Bag
For The Marinade
- ½ Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 large Garlic Cloves
- 5 tablespoons Adobo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chipotle Peppers (roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ tablespoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Water (to thin marinade)
For The Steaks
- 2 pounds Sirloin Steaks
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 sprig Cilantro
Marinating The Steak
- Chop half a yellow onion and chipotle peppers.
- Add chopped onion and chipotle peppers, garlic cloves, cumin powder, oregano, ancho chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a processor.
- Now pour in adobo sauce and olive oil into the jar. Pulse all the ingredients until blended.
- With a spatula, scrape off the sides, then pour half a cup of water to thin the marinade.
- Blend the mixture again until you have one cup of marinade.
- Now in a large zip-loc bag, place two sirloin steaks. Pour the marinade on top and shake well until the steaks are well coated.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate it in the fridge overnight.
- Take the bag out from the fridge half an hour before cooking so it can warm up to room temperature.
Cooking The Steak
- In a skillet, add olive oil and place two steaks. Cook them for 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Once cooked, transfer the steaks to a chopping board with a slotted spoon and cover it with foil paper for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into bite-sized pieces. Serve hot with chopped cilantro.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best way to season a steak for a chipotle recipe?
It is essential to season the meat well for a chipotle steak. We recommend using chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cumin.
How hot does the grill need to be?
The grill should be hot enough that there is an immediate sizzle when you place the steak on it.
How can I avoid overcooking my steak?
The key to avoiding overcooking is to use a meat thermometer. Cook the steak until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare.
What should I serve with my chipotle steak?
This dish is delicious and served with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
Chipotle steak recipe is a healthy and flavorful option for those looking for an alternative to traditional steak recipes. However, it is necessary to cook the steak well; undercooked steak and the sauce will become too spicy.