Ready for a flavor explosion in your mouth? Presenting delicious Chipotle rice copycat recipe. It’s a smoky and spicy dish that is sure to become a family favorite.
Let’s learn the recipe that packs a punch of flavor. Plus, it’s a great way to use your leftover rice.
To make Chipotle rice, first cook the rice in the water and bring it to a boil. Then saute garlic, onion, cumin, chili powder, coriander, chipotle peppers, paprika, and black pepper in the pan.
Stir in tomato sauce and mix well. Blend the mixture into the saucepan. Once the puree is made, mix it with rice. That’s it. Rice is ready.
Just like other recipes on our blog, this recipe also comes with some tips to follow. Rinse the rice before cooking is crucial as it removes the extra starch and gives fluffier rice.
Moreover, add a finely minced Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce to the rice as it cooks for a smoky, spicy twist. You can also add a teaspoon of the adobo sauce for extra flavor.
Try delicious Chipotle rice today and spice up your meal with bold flavors. With just a few ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can have this tasty dish ready in no time.
What Variations To Try For Chipotle Rice?
Here are a few ideas for recipe variations:
- Cilantro Lime Rice: Add a handful of chopped cilantro and the juice of one lime to the cooked rice before combining the rice with a fork.
- Spicy Chipotle Rice: Add a teaspoon of Chipotle chili powder or ground chipotle peppers to the rice while cooking for an extra kick of heat.
- Mexican Rice: Add a can of diced tomatoes, corn, and black beans to the rice while cooking for a Mexican-style twist.
- Curry Rice: Add a tablespoon or two of your favorite curry paste or powder to the rice while cooking for a flavorful, aromatic twist.
- Garlic Rice: Add a couple of minced garlic cloves to the rice while cooking for a garlicky twist.
- Coconut Rice: Add a cup of coconut milk and a teaspoon of coconut extract to the rice while it’s cooking for a tropical twist.
- Peanut Rice: Stir a handful of chopped peanuts and a tablespoon of peanut butter into the cooked rice for a creamy, nutty flavor.
- Lemon Rice: Add the juice of one lemon and a handful of chopped fresh parsley to the cooked rice for a bright, citrusy twist.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Rice?
- Saucepan – Cook rice in the saucepan.
- Cutting Board – Chop onions and cilantro for the recipe on the cutting board.
- Knife – You will need a knife to chop off vegetables.
- Measuring Cup – Get a measuring cup to measure rice and water for cooking.
- Food Processor – You will need a blender to make the chipotle sauce.
- Spoon – Get a spoon to add measuring ingredients.
- Spatula – You’ll need a spatula to stir the rice as it cooks and transfer it to the serving dish.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Rice?
- Rice – Long-grain white rice is used in this recipe. You can also use brown rice.
- Water – Water is used for cooking the rice and helping it absorb the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Tomato Sauce – A small amount of tomato sauce is added to the rice to give it a sweet and savory flavor. You can use a store-bought tomato sauce or make your own by pureeing fresh tomatoes with a blender or food processor.
- Olive Oil – A small amount of olive oil is used to sauté the onion and garlic. You can also use a different type of oil, such as vegetable oil or avocado oil.
- Onion – A small white onion is finely diced and sautéed to add flavor to the rice.
- Garlic – Give aromatic flavors by adding two cloves of minced garlic.
- Cumin – Ground cumin gives the rice a warm, earthy flavor.
- Chili Powder – Chili powder adds a little bit of heat and spice to the rice.
- Coriander – Ground coriander adds a slightly citrusy flavor to the rice.
- Paprika – Paprika adds a mild, sweet flavor and a slightly smoky taste to the rice.
- Salt – A small amount of salt is added to the rice to enhance its flavor.
- Black Pepper – Ground black pepper adds a little bit of heat and helps round out the rice flavors.
Steps To Make Chipotle Rice
1. Before Making
Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under cold running water until the water runs clear.
2. Cook Rice
Combine the rinsed rice, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add water to the saucepan. Add rice.
Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for twenty minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
3. Cook The Sauce
While the rice is cooking, heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until it is translucent about five minutes.
Add the minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, coriander, Chipotle peppers, paprika, and black pepper to the pan with the onions. Cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for three minutes until the mixture is heated.
4. Make A Paste
Add the tomato sauce mixture to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Sieve the sauce in the bowl and keep it aside.
5. Serve And Enjoy
When the rice is finished cooking, fluff it with a fork and stir in the tomato sauce mixture. Mix well. Serve the rice immediately.
How Will Chipotle Rice Look And Taste Like?
Chipotle rice is a flavorful and aromatic side dish. It has a rich, smoky flavor from the Chipotle peppers and a slight heat balanced out by the onions’ sweetness and the cilantro’s freshness.
The dish is golden yellow due to the onions and spices and a slightly grainy texture from the long-grain white rice. Overall, the dish gives you a speckled appearance.
Chipotle Rice Copycat Recipe
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Rinse rice and cook with water and salt in a saucepan over low heat for twenty minutes.
- Heat oil in a small pan and cook the onion until it is translucent.
- Add garlic, Chipotle peppers, and spices. Cook for one minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook for three minutes.
- In a food processor bowl, add the tomato sauce mixture and blend until smooth puree.
- Stir in the tomato sauce mixture in the rice.
- Chipotle rice is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
You can use brown rice instead of white rice in this recipe. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time and the amount of water needed. Brown rice takes longer to cook and requires more water than white rice. Cook the brown rice for about forty-five minutes after adding two cups of water to one cup of brown rice.
Can I use a different type of tomato sauce?
You can use any tomato sauce that you like in this recipe. You can use a store-bought tomato sauce or make your own by pureeing fresh tomatoes with a blender or food processor. You can also add spices or herbs to the tomato sauce to give it more flavor.
Can I make this recipe vegetarian or vegan?
You can make this recipe vegetarian or vegan by using vegetable broth instead of water to cook the rice and discard the olive oil. You can also use a plant-based tomato sauce or make your own with canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices.
Can I make this recipe spicier?
If you want to make this recipe spicier, add more chili powder or a hotter powder. You can add spices like red pepper flakes to give the rice a spicier kick.
As you bite into a forkful of perfectly cooked, fragrant rice, you can’t help but close your eyes and savor the flavors that burst in your mouth.
This isn’t just any ordinary rice dish. It’s a copycat version of Chipotle’s famous rice, with all the flavors and aromas you know and love.
With this easy and delicious Chipotle rice recipe, you can enjoy the flavors of your favorite Mexican restaurant anytime. Give this recipe a try and see just how tasty and satisfying homemade Chipotle rice can be.