Move over, yellow cheese! There’s a new queso in town, and it’s called Chipotle queso Blanco. This delicious dish is made with white cheese, chipotle peppers, and other flavorful ingredients.
To make Chipotle queso Blanco, heat milk and add veggies. Whisk in sour cream and cheese until the mixture is melted and smooth. Finally, add tomatoes to bring out the sweet flavors.
We recommend using good-quality white cheese to make a perfect Chipotle queso Blanco. Use a good quality cheese that will melt well.
Add some chopped chipotle in adobo sauce. It will give your queso Blanco its distinctive smoky flavor.
If you don’t have cornstarch, use arrowroot powder to thicken the queso, Blanco. It will help it to stay smooth and creamy even when reheated.
This guide will walk you through all the ingredients you’ll need and the steps to make this tasty dish. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Queso Blanco?
- Saucepan – In a saucepan, cook chopped veggies, herbs, and spices until you see a light bubble and it is thickened.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife into small pieces for the recipe.
- Grater – Grate the Monterey and sharp white cheddar cheese with a grater for a cheesy and smooth texture.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies and grate the cheese on a chopping board to avoid mess.
- Spatula – Combine the ingredients \with a spatula to ensure everything is mixed well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Queso Blanco?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||30 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Queso Blanco?
- Whole Milk – When making cheese dip, it is best to use whole milk as it will add flavor, yielding a better result.
- Sour Cream – Add sour cream to give the sauce creaminess and a nice tangy flavor.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – Grated Monterey Jack cheese to add a mild, buttery flavor with a compact and supple texture to the sauce.
- Sharp White Cheddar – Grated sharp white cheddar cheese to add a nutty and spicy flavor with a perfectly balanced crumbly-creamy texture.
- Water – Add water with cornstarch to thicken the sauce, keeping it from being too runny.
- Tomato – Removed seeds and chopped tomatoes will add sweetness the richness to the sauce.
- Yellow Onion – Finely chop the onion and cook until slowly caramelized and browned, giving sweetness to the sauce.
- Serrano Pepper – Remove the seeds and finely chop serrano peppers for an earthy, grassy taste to the sauce.
- Poblano Pepper – Remove the seeds and finely chop poblano for a mild and slightly sweet flavor to the sauce.
- Chipotle Pepper – Remove the seed and chop them to add smokiness to the sauce.
- Garlic – Peel and grate the garlic cloves to stabilize the sauce.
- Cornstarch – Thicken the sauce by adding cornstarch with water.
- Salt – Sprinkle salt to add flavor and texture to the sauce.
Steps To Make Chipotle Queso Blanco
1. It’s Necessary
Start by grating Monterey and sharp white cheddar cheese and keep them aside. Finely chop the yellow onion.
Remove the seeds and chop serrano peppers, poblano, and Chipotle peppers.
Peel and grate the garlic cloves. Remove the seeds and juice from the tomato and finely chop them.
2. The Veggies Are Must
In a saucepan over medium heat, pour the milk. Add chopped onion, serrano peppers, poblano pepper, Chipotle pepper, and garlic.
Stir in the cornstarch with enough water and bring to a boil. Stir it continuously until you see a light bubble and it thickens.
3. Dare The Dairy
Turn the heat to very low and whisk in the sour cream. Once the cream is mixed, add grated cheese and stir until it is melted.
Add cheese and stir until all the cheese is used, and ensure it is completely melted and smooth. Keep stirring it else; the queso may turn gritty and will separate.
Now add in the chopped tomato. Remove the queso from the heat and allow it to cool. You will get even thicker queso once it cools down.
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
How Will Chipotle Queso Blanco Look And Taste Like?
Chipotle queso Blanco recipe is a family favorite. The creamy texture and the flavor with just the right spices make this queso dip our favorite.
Chipotle queso Blanco is mild and slightly nutty, with a hint of sweetness. The texture of the cheese is slightly crumbly, with a smooth and creamy texture that melts in your mouth.
Chipotle Queso Blanco Copycat Recipe
- Chopping Board
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Sharp White Cheddar (grated)
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Tomato (seeds and juice removed, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Serrano Pepper (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1½ tablespoon Poblano Pepper (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Pepper (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (peeled and grated)
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Grate Monterey and sharp white cheddar cheese with a grater.
- Finely chop the yellow onion. Remove the seeds and chop serrano peppers, poblano, and Chipotle peppers.
- Peel and grate the garlic cloves. Remove the seeds and juice from the tomato and finely chop them.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, pour the milk. Add chopped onion, serrano peppers, poblano pepper, Chipotle pepper, and garlic.
- Stir in the cornstarch with enough water and boil until you see a light bubble and it thickens.
- Turn the heat very low and whisk in the sour cream.
- Once the cream is mixed, add grated cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Add cheese and stir until all the cheese is used, and ensure it is completely melted and smooth.
- Now add the chopped tomato.
- Remove the queso from the heat and allow it to cool. You will get even thicker queso once it cools down.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Chipotle queso Blanco?
Chipotle queso Blanco is a cheese sauce made from milk. It is named after the Chipotle pepper, which gives it its distinctive flavor. It is white and has a smooth, creamy texture. It is often used in Mexican dishes, such as enchiladas and quesadillas.
How is chipotle queso Blanco made?
Chipotle queso Blanco is made by heating milk and cream until it reaches a boiling point, then adding white cheese such as cheddar or Monterey Jack. The mixture is then cooked until the cheese is melted and smooth. You may add butter to create a richer flavor. Finally, chipotles are added to give the queso its signature smoky flavor.
What does Chipotle Queso Blanco taste like?
Chipotle queso Blanco has a creamy, cheesy taste with a hint of smokiness from the chipotles. It can be mild or spicy, depending on the peppers used.
How do I use chipotle queso Blanco?
Chipotle queso Blanco can be used as a dip for chips or vegetables or as a sauce for enchiladas or burritos. It can also be used as a topping for nachos or tacos.
When it comes to queso blanco, there is nothing better than Chipotle queso blanco. This dish takes the classic cheese and gives it a smoky, spicy twist that will please any palate.
If you are looking for a new way to enjoy cheese, or are simply looking for a tasty appetizer to share with friends, look no further than this dish.