Are you looking for a culinary adventure? Chipotle tomato salsa is your go-to choice to satiate your hot and spicy cravings. So, without wasting much time, let us jump directly to the recipe’s details.
Chipotle tomato salsa delivers a potent combination of spice and tanginess, created with a blend of tomatoes, lime or lemon juice, cilantro, and jalapeno. To pair this salsa, crispy tortilla chips are the best companion.
Furthermore, if you wish to infuse vibrant colors, add different peppers to it. More peppers lead to a more prosperous palette of salsa, which makes your salsa more appealing.
Now, for an in-depth guide on how to make this restaurant-style Chipotle tomato salsa, read the entire article. All the details, including the tips and tricks, are mentioned below.
What's In The Post
Is this The Exact Chipotle Tomato Salsa Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact copycat Chipotle tomato salsa recipe we’ve prepared. The preparation to make this salsa is relatively easy. By following the proper steps, you can achieve authentic restaurant-style flavors.
Moreover, this tomato salsa will taste exactly like the salsa made in a Chipotle restaurant. But the best part of our salsa is that no additives or preservatives are added. You must follow the recipe below, and the tasty chipotle salsa will be ready.
How Is Chipotle Tomato Salsa Different From Regular Tomato Salsa?
The recipe for making Chipotle’s Tomato Salsa and Regular Tomato Salsa is similar.
Chipotle uses the same ingredients as regular tomato salsa, and if we talk about the process and preparation, it is also made the same way as the regular one.
Why Will You Love This Tomato Salsa Recipe?
You will love this knockoff tomato salsa recipe for its flavor, taste, and texture. Check out the points below to know more.
- Chunky – Small dollops of tomato make it a classic chunky salsa. You will feel chunkiness in every bite of it.
- Flavor – This salsa tastes terrific with added ingredients that hit with a smokey and tangy flavor.
- Easy-to-make – This chipotle salsa takes little effort to make. You need a cutting board, a bowl, a knife, and a tablespoon.
- Ingredients – Your Chipotle tomato salsa will be ready instantly with just a handful of pantry staples. You can easily find all the ingredients in making this salsa at home.
Is This Chipotle Salsa Spicy?
Yes, Chipotle tomato salsa from Chipotle Mexican Grill has a smokey and slightly spicy flavor.
The Chipotle peppers added to the salsa is what makes it spicy. However, you can constantly adjust the spiciness as per your preferences.
Equipment Required To Make Chipotle Tomato Salsa
- Bowl – A mixing bowl must combine garlic, onion, tomato, and Chipotle.
- Knife – You will need a knife to cut the onion, tomato, Chipotle, and garlic.
- Tablespoon – A tablespoon is required to give the ingredients a good mix.
- Cutting board – For cutting the veggies, you need a cutting board.
Chipotle Tomato Salsa Ingredients
- Tomatoes – To make the salsa taste best, use fresh tomatoes.
- Onion – Red onion goes best with the tomato salsa.
- Jalapeno pepper – jalapeno pepper is a mixture of both sweet and spicy taste.
- Cilantro – You may not like the flavor of cilantro, but instead, you can use parsley.
- Lime and lemon juice – It has a tart flavor with just a slight hint of sweetness.
- Salt – Add salt to the salsa to enhance the flavors.
- Tortilla chips – Tortilla chips goes best with chipotle tomato salsa.
What’s The Best Kind Of Tomatoes For This Salsa Recipe?
The three best kinds of tomatoes are used in this salsa. Check out these types in the points below.
- Roma Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes, big or little mama tomatoes, and Amish paste tomatoes are the best kinds of tomatoes that can be used for this salsa recipe. If you want your salsa to be low acidic, the best suggestion is to use Roma tomatoes. These are relatively low in acidity. Roma tomatoes are easy to cut as they are tiny and less messy.
- Little Or Big Mama Tomatoes – Little or big mama tomatoes are the tiny version of Roma tomatoes.
- Amish Paste Tomatoes – Amish paste tomatoes have a sweet taste and are similar to Roma tomatoes.
Do You Need To Remove The Skin Of The Tomatoes?
Removing the skin of tomato depends on the type of salsa you are making. If you are making a thin salsa, you must remove the skin of the tomato, but for a healthier version, leaving the skin intact is perfect.
Furthermore, keeping the skin on will save you time and provide you with a great source of antioxidants, which makes it healthier.
In a nutshell, there is no strict rule about whether to remove tomato skins when making tomato salsa. It’s ultimately a personal choice.
Chipotle Tomato Salsa Preparation And Cooking Time
Chipotle tomato salsa gets ready in no time and takes no effort to make. The best part is that no cooking is required. This salsa is very easy to make. You need a few minutes to make it.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||–||15 Minutes|
Chipotle Tomato Salsa Recipe Steps
- Step 1. Start by adding finely chopped onion to an empty bowl.
- Step 2. Now throw in some tomatoes to the same bowl.
- Step 3. Pour in jalapeno peppers in the bowl.
- Step 4. Add a tablespoon of lime & lemon juice to the prepared mixture.
- Step 5. Time to spice things up by seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Step 6. Finally garnish your salsa with fresh cilantro and it’s ready.
Tips To Make This Chipotle Tomato Salsa Recipe Better
Follow the points below to make this restaurant-style tomato salsa better at home.
- Colorful Peppers – You can add different colors of bell peppers to make your salsa look interesting, making your salsa visually enticing.
- Tomatoes – To give a meaty flavor to the salsa, use Roma tomatoes. Also, make sure you use fresh tomatoes for the best taste.
- Texture – This salsa is best when not pureed; the chunky salsa will be more flavorful.
- Dressing – Dress up the salsa with fresh black beans and Mexican Rice for best results.
How Will This Chipotle Tomato Salsa Taste And Look Like?
Chipotle Tomato Salsa and the green cilantro garnished on the top look so refreshing and hearty. The red tomatoes added with different peppers bring out the best colors in the salsa.
This salsa is very smoky and spicy due to the Chipotle peppers added to it. All the ingredients used in this salsa add a lot of flavors like buttery, pungent, sweet, and spicy.
In terms of appearance, Chipotle tomato salsa is rich in color, ranging from deep red to orange, depending on the ripeness of the tomatoes and the peppers used. Moreover, it often has a thick, chunky texture with visible pieces of diced tomatoes.
Chipotle Tomato Salsa Nutritional Values
Chipotle tomato salsa has very few calories. Tomatoes contain fewer calories and are very healthy. For more information about its nutritional values, go through the table below:
|Total Carbohydrates||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Can You Make This Chipotle Tomato Salsa Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can, especially if appropriately stored in an airtight container. Tomato salsa can be stored for about 3-4 months. You can also marinate the ingredients and keep them for a few hours to absorb all their flavors.
However, it is advised to enjoy the salsa fresh and store the leftover batch for only two or three days.
Best Ways To Store This Tomato Salsa Properly
- Freezer – If you are not currently using it, store it in the freezer. It is easy to use in the future. The freezer can keep it for a more extended period. Don’t store it in a glass jar, as glass cracks.
- Refrigerate – Store the remaining tomato salsa in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. You can store it for up to 7 days. But if the salsa is canned properly, you can store it for 3-4 months.
What To Serve With This Recipe?
Chipotle tomato salsa can be served with many things, but tortilla chips are the perfect to serve with chipotle tomato salsa. Some more things to be served with this salsa are
- Chipotle chicken – Elevate your meal by pairing tomato salsa with Chipotle Chicken as a side dish. This combination will take your meal to the next level.
- Chicken lime rice – Lime rice paired with tomato salsa will make your meal more vibrant and flavorful. You will relish lime rice’s unique and enhanced taste in each bite.
- Chipotle steak recipe – Merging Chipotle’s Steak and tomato Salsa is the best way to add up some extra flavors. The amalgamation of succulent steak with chunky and spicy tomato salsa epitomizes culinary perfection. Once you try this, you will surely end up licking your fingers.
- Chipotle burrito recipe – Boost your snack game with the perfect accompaniment of Chipotle salsa with Chipotle burritos. The salsa’s spiciness best complements the burrito’s hearty and smoky components.
Chipotle Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Cutting Board
- 100 g Tomatoes
- 50 g Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Lime and lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno
- 6 ounce Tortilla chips
- Start by adding finely chopped onion to an empty bowl.
- Now throw in some tomatoes to the same bowl.
- Pour in jalapeno peppers in the bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of lime & lemon juice to the prepared mixture.
- Time to spice things up by seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Finally garnish your salsa with fresh cilantro and it’s ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Chipotle Fresh Tomato Salsa Spicy?
Spiciness is added according to your taste preferences.
Which salsa at Chipotle isn’t spicy?
There are four types of salsa: Fresh tomato salsa, tomatillo-red chili salsa, tomatillo-green salsa, and roasted chili corn salsa.
Why Is Chipotle Tomato Salsa Hot?
Chipotle discovered that some Indian peppers were “more assertive” than in previous harvests, which accounts for customer perception of more heat.
What Is The Calorie Count In The Chipotle Fresh Tomato Salsa?
There are 25 calories in 1 serving of Chipotle Fresh Tomato Salsa.
As we reach the end of the recipe, I hope you liked the recipe. Do try it at home and enjoy your homemade chipotle tomato salsa. For more recipes like this, visit our website and make more recipes like this at home. Enjoy those tasty dishes at home without going out and paying those heavy amounts.