Chipotle chicken recipe is perfect for anyone looking to add a little spice to their grilled chicken. This recipe combines the smoky, earthy flavors of chipotle peppers, creating a flavorful and well-balanced grilled chicken.
Start off with making the chipotle marinade. In a bowl, combine honey, oil, garlic, peppers, and seasonings.
Marinate the chicken and put it in the refrigerator for eight hours. Then grill the chicken on the grilling for about twenty minutes. There you go! It’s ready.
If you want to get the most flavor out of this recipe, marinate the chicken for at least eight hours. Moreover, preheat your grill to medium-high heat for better cooking. At last, after grilling, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.
If you’re craving bold, flavorful chicken that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more, this Chipotle Chicken recipe is a must-try! Grab your ingredients and give this recipe a try! You won’t be disappointed.
What Are The Tips For Making Chipotle Chicken?
- Marinate The Chicken: The chipotle marinade adds a lot of flavor to the chicken, so it’s important to let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes (but up to 8 hours) to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Preheat The Grill: Make sure to preheat your grill to medium-high heat before grilling the chicken. This will help to ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and helps to prevent it from sticking to the grill grates.
- Let The Chicken Rest: After grilling the chicken, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. This will allow the juices to redistribute and will make the chicken more tender and juicy.
What Is Chipotle Chicken Marinade?
Chipotle chicken marinade is a flavorful mixture that is used to marinate chicken before grilling. It includes ingredients like minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika.
It gives the chicken a spicy and smoky flavor. The marinade is made by mixing these ingredients together and then stirring in olive oil.
The marinade is then applied to the chicken and allowed to sit for a period of time to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Chicken?
- Grill: You’ll need a grill to cook the chicken on. You can use a gas grill if you don’t have access to an outdoor grill.
- Grill Tongs: You’ll need a pair of grill tongs to flip the chicken and remove it from the grill.
- Cutting Board: You’ll need a cutting board to slice the cooked chicken.
- Knife: A sharp knife will come in handy for slicing the cooked chicken.
- Small Bowl: You’ll need a small bowl to mix together the chipotle chicken marinade.
- Plastic Wrap: You’ll need plastic wrap to cover the bowl of chicken while it marinates.
- Measuring Spoons: You’ll need measuring spoons to measure out the ingredients for the marinade.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||8 Hours 20 Minutes||8 Hours 35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Chicken?
- Chicken Breasts: The main component of the recipe is chicken breast. It will be marinated in the chipotle marinade and then grilled.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil helps to emulsify the marinade and helps the flavors coat the chicken evenly.
- Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce: Chipotle peppers are dried peppers that have been canned in a flavorful sauce made with tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, and other spices. They add a smoky and spicy flavor to the chicken.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a pungent and slightly sweet flavor to the marinade. It pairs well with the chipotle peppers and adds depth of flavor.
- Cumin: Cumin is a spice with a warm, earthy flavor that adds depth to the marinade.
- Chili Powder: Chili powder is a blend of ground spices that includes chili peppers, cumin, garlic, and oregano. It adds a warm, slightly spicy flavor to the marinade.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika is made from ground peppers that have been smoked over wood. It adds a smoky flavor to the marinade.
- Cilantro: Cilantro is a fresh herb with a bright, citrusy flavor. It’s used as a garnish and adds a fresh, bright flavor to the chicken.
- Salt: Salt is used to balance the flavors in the marinade and bring out the other ingredient’s taste.
Steps To Make Chipotle Chicken
1. Make Marinade
In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, Chipotle peppers, honey, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well everything. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Coat The Chicken
Now marinate the chicken with the prepared marinade. Coat the chicken breasts evenly with the Chipotle marinade evenly. Put the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for eight hours in a bowl wrapped with plastic.
3. Grill The Chicken
Preheat the grill to medium heat to cook the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for ten minutes on each side. The chicken will start changing its color to a golden brown. So, you know it’s cooked properly.
Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips or cubing it. Serve the Chipotle chicken hot, over rice, or in a taco or burrito. Enjoy!
How Will Chipotle Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Chipotle chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish. The finished chicken should have a golden-brown color and be slightly charred on the outside.
The marinade will have seeped into the chicken and will give it a slightly smoky and spicy flavor.
The fresh cilantro garnish adds a bright, citrusy finish that pairs perfectly with the chicken. It’s a great choice for anyone looking to add a little excitement to their grilled chicken
Chipotle Chicken Recipe
- Grill Tongs
- Cutting Board
- Small Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ cup Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- To make the marinade, combine yogurt, Chipotle peppers, honey, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
- Marinate the chicken with the prepared marinade and keep it in the refrigerator in a bowl for eight hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Cook the chicken on the grill on each side for ten minutes.
- Chipotle chicken is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe. Chicken thighs are a little fattier and have more flavor, so they may be a good choice if you’re looking for a richer, more flavorful dish. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed, as chicken thighs will take longer to cook than chicken breasts.
Can I use a different type of oil in the marinade?
You can use a different type of oil in the marinade if you prefer. Olive oil works well in this recipe because it has a mild flavor that complements the other ingredients, but you could also use vegetable oil or avocado oil.
Can I make the marinade ahead of time?
You can make the marinade ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before using it to marinate the chicken.
Can I freeze the leftover chicken?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover chicken if you have any. Just be sure to wrap it well and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw the chicken in the fridge and then reheat it in the oven or on the stove until it’s heated through.
What is a substitute for adobe sauce for this recipe?
You can opt for chipotle peppers in tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, or sriracha sauce. All these sauces are flavorful and add a nice spice punch to your recipe. Moreover, they give bold, smokey flavors too to your chicken.
Whether you’re grilling the chicken on an outdoor grill or cooking it on an indoor grill pan, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
We hope you enjoyed making this recipe and that you’ll consider giving it a try again in the future. Whether you’re a seasoned grill master or a beginner cook, this recipe is easy to follow and fun to make.
So don’t wait! Grab your ingredients and get cooking! We hope you have a blast making and eating this delicious chipotle chicken recipe. Happy cooking!