Chipotle cheese quesadillas are a popular menu item at many Mexican restaurants. They can be made with various kinds of cheese.
Fillings may include meats such as chicken, beef, or pork, and vegetables like peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
Chipotle cheese quesadillas are made by warming tortillas in a skillet and then adding the cheese and Chipotle pepper mixture.
Once the cheese has melted, the quesadillas are flipped and cooked on the other side until golden brown.
We recommend using fresh and high-quality ingredients to make your Chipotle cheese quesadillas even better. It will make a big difference in the taste and texture of your quesadillas.
Try using smoked cheese instead of regular cheese for a smoker’s flavor. While for a spicier quesadilla, add some chopped jalapeños or other hot peppers to the mix.
If you want a crunchier texture, try grilling or frying your quesadillas instead of baking them.
Making your Chipotle cheese quesadillas at home is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. All you need is some cheese, tortillas, and your favorite fillings.
Follow the steps below to learn how to make these delicious sandwiches.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas?
- Saucepan – Sauté the veggies in a saucepan until soft and aromatic.
- Skillet – Warm the tortillas in the skillet until hot to the touch but not crisp.
- Cooking Spray – Drizzle cooking sprays on a skillet and heat tortillas until hot to the touch but not crispy.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to flip the quesadillas and cook them.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife into small pieces.
- Chopping Board – Shred the cheese and chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Grater – Shred the cheese with a grater for this recipe.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||30 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas?
- Flour Tortillas – I have used flour tortillas for my recipe for their mild flavor and pillowy-soft texture.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – Use cheddar cheese for your quesadillas as they melt and have a luxurious stretch.
- Sour Cream – Top your quesadilla with sour Cream to add a tangy and tart taste backed by a rich and thick creaminess.
- Honey – Add honey to give the quesadilla sweetness.
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies in olive oil until soft. Heat the tortillas for a crisper bite.
- Chicken – Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. It will make it cook much faster, giving it a great texture for the quesadillas.
- Red Onion – Add the sweetness and deep color to the homemade quesadillas by cooking chopped onion.
- Tomatoes – Tomato will add sweetness once cooked to the quesadillas.
- Scallions – Thinly slice and cook them to add a spicy and peppery flavor.
- Garlic – Mince the garlic and cook them to add an intense flavor to the cheesy quesadillas.
- Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce – Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce will give quesadillas a spicy and smoky flavor.
- Salt – Sprinkle salt while making the dish to enhance the flavors of the ingredients.
- Cilantro – Top your recipe with chopped cilantro to add freshness.
- Lime Wedges – Serve your quesadillas with lime wedges to add zesty sour flavor.
Steps To Make Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas
1. Let’s Begin Our Journey
Start by chopping one red onion and cilantro stalks. Now dice tomatoes, scallions, and chipotle peppers into small pieces.
Mince garlic cloves and shred cheese and cooked chicken.
2. Cook The Staples
In a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and sauté it until soft for about 5 minutes. Now add the minced garlic and cook them for a minute.
Stir in the diced chipotle peppers and tomatoes. Cook them until most of the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is thickened. Stir the mixture for about 20 minutes.
Add the scallions, honey, diced chicken, salt, and cilantro.
Drizzle cooking spray in a skillet and heat it over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the skillet and heat until hot to the touch but not crisp. Top it with shredded cheese evenly.
3. Assembling Session
Spread half a cup of prepared chicken mixture over half of the tortilla. Cook the tortilla for about 2 minutes until the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Use a spatula to flip the quesadillas over and cook for another 2 minutes until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Cut quesadillas and serve them with sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
How Will Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas Look And Taste Like?
When it comes to cheesy quesadillas, there’s no doubt Chipotle is some of the best around. The combination of cheese blends with smoky chipotle peppers for a delicious and flavorful treat.
If you’ve never had Chipotle cheese quesadillas, you’re in for a real treat. The first thing you’ll notice is the intense flavor of the cheese.
It’s rich and creamy, with a slight sharpness that cuts through the richness. It is followed by the smokiness of the chipotle peppers, which gives the quesadilla a depth of flavor.
The texture of Chipotle cheese quesadillas is worth mentioning. The tortilla is nice and crispy, while the inside is gooey and melty from all that cheese.
And because Chipotle uses a blend of different cheeses, you get a nice mix of textures in each bite.
Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas Copycat Recipe
- Cooking Spray
- Chopping Board
- 6 10-inch Flour Tortillas
- 4 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Sour Cream (for serving)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- ⅓ cup Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2½ cups Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 large Red Onion (chopped)
- 4 Tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 3 Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Lime Wedges (for serving)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Chop one red onion, and cilantro stalks. Dice tomatoes, scallions, and chipotle peppers into small pieces.
- Mince garlic cloves and shred cheese and cooked chicken.
- Sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the diced chipotle peppers and tomatoes. Cook them until most of the liquid has evaporated, and the mixture is thickened.
- Add the scallions, honey, diced chicken, salt and cilantro.
- Drizzle cooking spray on a skillet and heat it over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and heat until hot to the touch but not crisp. Top it with shredded cheese evenly.
- Spread half a cup of prepared chicken mixture over half of the tortilla.
- Cook the tortilla for about 2 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Use a spatula to flip the quesadillas over and cook for another 2 minutes until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadillas and serve them with sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Chipotle cheese quesadillas?
Chipotle cheese quesadillas are a type of quesadillas that use Chipotle peppers in the cheese mixture. They are a popular dish from the southwestern United States and are often served as an appetizer or main course.
How do you make Chipotle cheese quesadillas?
There are many ways to make Chipotle cheese quesadillas, but the most common method is to fry them in a skillet. First, the tortillas are placed in the skillet, then the cheese, followed by the Chipotle pepper mixture. Once the cheese has melted, the quesadillas are flipped and cooked on the other side until golden brown.
What type of cheese is used in Chipotle cheese quesadillas?
Cheddar cheese is the most common cheese used in Chipotle cheese quesadillas. However, other types of cheese can also be used, such as Monterey Jack or pepper Jack.
What kind of tortilla is used for a Chipotle cheese quesadilla?
The flour tortilla is the most commonly used type for a Chipotle cheese quesadilla. However, you can use corn tortillas.
Chipotle cheese quesadillas are a type of quesadilla that uses Chipotle peppers in the cheese mixture. They are a popular dish from the southwestern United States and are often served as an appetizer or main course.
Just follow these simple steps to make your Chipotle cheese quesadillas at home. You will enjoy the delicious flavor of this Tex-Mex classic all year round.