A Chipotle burrito bowl is a meal that typically includes rice, beans, meat, and salsa, all served in a single bowl. The dish is popular among those looking for a quick and easy way to get a filling meal.
The quick and easy way to make a Chipotle burrito bowl is by marinating the chicken in a mixture of chipotle pepper, lime juice, chicken broth, veggies, and spices.
Cook the marinated chicken until the juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook the rice and beans. In a bowl, combine all the prepared mixtures and top with cheese and lettuce.
The beauty of a burrito bowl is that it can be customized to suit any dietary needs or preferences. Vegans can opt for black beans instead of meat.
While those who are gluten-free can choose to omit the tortilla chips that are typically served on top. Add some chopped cilantro or green onions to the flavorful bowl or diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes for a spicy bowl.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings for a burrito bowl. Some toppings include sour cream, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole. However, feel free to get creative and add any toppings you like.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal, try Chipotle burrito bowl. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about making your Chipotle burrito bowl, including a list of ingredients and FAQs.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make A Chipotle Burrito Bowl?
- Skillet – Sear the chicken pieces until the juices run clear in a skillet.
- Pot – Cook white rice in a pot until tender and fluffy.
- Saucepan – Add black beans to the pan with water and cook for half an hour until tender and creamy.
- Blender – Blend the marinade mixture in a blender until completely smooth.
- Serving Bowls – Assemble the bowl by placing marinated and cooked chicken pieces, followed by rice mixture and toppings. Serve hot and garnish with sour cream.
- Citrus Press – Freshly squeeze the lime juice with a citrus press for the marinade.
- Knife – Chop the onion and garlic and slice the chicken into pieces with a knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies and chicken on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Grater – Grate the Monterey Jack cheese with a grater for topping.
- Zip-Lock Bag – Transfer the mixture to a zip-lock bag and add the chicken pieces to the marinade mixture.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Burrito Bowl?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||8 Hours||1 Hour||9 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Burrito Bowl?
For The Marinade
- Chicken Breasts – Marinate any chicken cut, but chicken breast is strongly recommended as they can take no time to get ready.
- Chipotle Pepper In Adobo Sauce – Blend Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with other marinating ingredients to give the chicken a spicy and smoky flavor.
- Chicken Broth – Broth is essential for adding moisture and tenderizing chicken, providing a lot of umami flavors.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice is a popular choice for marinating meat as it helps tenderize it, making it juicier and more flavorful.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle the marinade with olive oil to retain moisture and cook the chicken pieces until the juices run clear.
- Yellow Onion – Chop yellow onion and add in the marinade mixture to help tenderize meat.
- Garlic – Add garlic cloves to create a more flavorful marinade, giving a strong taste to the chicken.
- Chili Powder – Chili powder will help tenderize meat, giving spiciness to the bowl.
- Kosher Salt – Season the marinade mixture with the salt to help penetrate the marinade flavors.
- Cumin – Add cumin to the marinade mixture to break down the ingredients and tenderize the meat.
- Dried Oregano – Add dried oregano to the marinade mixture to give the chicken an intense flavor with a refreshing note.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will add a piney and citrusy flavor to the chicken.
For The Burrito Bowl
- White Rice – Cook white rice until soft and fluffy. It is a great addition to the burrito bowl.
- Salsa – Add salsa to white rice to make rice spicy.
For The Topping
- Iceberg Lettuce – Top your bowl with shredded iceberg lettuce to give it a crunchier bite.
- Black Beans – Add cooked black beans to the bowl for a soft, creamy, and mild taste.
- Monterey Jack – Top your bowl with shredded Monterey Jack cheese to add a buttery flavor and supple texture.
- Sour Cream – Top the bowl with sour cream to add a little tanginess backed by a rich and thick creaminess.
Steps To Make Chipotle Burrito Bowl
1. Marination Is The Key
Chop the onion and garlic for the recipe. Freshly squeeze the lime juice and slice the boneless chicken breast.
In a blender jar, combine the chopped onion and garlic. Add chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, and pour chicken broth and lime juice.
Season it with olive oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, and pepper. Blend the mixture until completely smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a zip-lock bag and add the chicken pieces to the marinade mixture.
Shake the mixture until the chicken pieces are well coated, and then refrigerate it overnight. It will help the lime juice to cook the chicken.
2. The Flavorful Burrito Bowl
When ready to cook the chicken, take your bag out from the fridge and let it cool at room temperature. Meanwhile, heat your skillet pan on high heat.
Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and sear both sides until the juice clears. Once cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
Cook white rice in a saucepan until tender and fluffy, and stir in salsa. Add black beans to the pan with water and cook for half an hour until tender and creamy.
3. Assemble For The Bowl
In serving bowls, place marinated and cooked chicken pieces- top with rice mixture along with shredded lettuce and cheese, and beans.
Serve hot and garnish with sour cream.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Vitamin C||11 mg|
How Will a Chipotle Burrito Bowl Look And Taste Like?
You will notice a few things in a well-made Chipotle burrito bowl. With the perfect blend of flavors and textures, no wonder this dish has become a fan-favorite.
The first thing you will notice in a Chipotle burrito bowl is rice, which is fluffy and fragrant. It provides a delicious base for the other ingredients. Next, you’ll find black beans, which add protein and flavor.
These are topped with shredded lettuce, and cheese, providing crunch and creaminess. Finally, the whole thing is brought together with sour cream or guacamole dollop.
Chipotle Burrito Bowl Copycat Recipe
- Citrus Press
- Chopping Board
- Zip-Lock Bag
- 4 Chicken Breasts (boneless and sliced)
- 1 can Chipotle Pepper In Adobo Sauce
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 2½ tablespoons Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ medium Yellow Onion (coarsely chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
For The Burrito Bowl
- 3 cups White Rice
- 1 cup Salsa
For The Topping
- 2 cups Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup Black Beans (cooked)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack (shredded)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Chop the onion and garlic for the recipe. Freshly squeeze the lime juice and slice the boneless chicken breast.
- In a blender jar, combine the chopped onion and garlic. Add chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, and pour chicken broth and lime juice.
- Season it with olive oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, and pepper. Blend the mixture until completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a zip-lock bag and add the chicken pieces to the marinade mixture.
- Shake the mixture until the chicken pieces are well coated, and then refrigerate it overnight.
- When ready to cook the chicken, take your bag out from the fridge and heat your skillet pan on high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and sear both sides until the juice clears. Once cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook white rice in a pot until tender and fluffy, and stir in salsa.
- Add black beans to the pan with water and cook for half an hour until tender and creamy.
- In serving bowls, place marinated and cooked chicken pieces.
- Top with rice mixture and shredded lettuce, cheese, and beans.
- Serve hot and garnish with sour cream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Chipotle burrito bowl?
A Chipotle burrito bowl is a Mexican dish that typically consists of rice, beans, salsa, guacamole, and meat (usually chicken or beef). It is named after the Chipotle restaurant chain, which popularized the dish in the United States.
How do you make a Chipotle burrito bowl?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the ingredients and methods used to make a Chipotle burrito bowl can vary depending on personal preference. However, to make it flavorful and satisfying, use fresh ingredients, cook rice and beans from scratch, and use homemade salsa and guacamole.
What are some common variations of a Chipotle burrito bowl?
Some common variations of a Chipotle burrito bowl includes adding vegetables such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions; using different types of meat such as pork or shrimp. You may add cheese or sour cream with black beans or the salsa or guacamole recipe.
What are some tips for making a Chipotle burrito bowl?
To make a great chipotle burrito bowl, use fresh ingredients, cook the rice and beans from scratch, and use homemade salsa and guacamole. You may also include variations until you find the one you can enjoy.
A Chipotle burrito bowl can be a delicious and satiating meal, whether you are cooking for yourself or a group of people. With so many potential variations, this recipe will suit your taste.
Try variations, such as adding vegetables or other types of meat, to keep things interesting.