The Chinese mixed vegetable stir-fry is very easy to make at home. All you need is a bunch of chopped vegetables of your liking. Fry them in the pan while continuously stirring. Add sauces and seasoning for flavor and that’s it. It is that simple and it is healthy as well.
I love a good stir-fry and had been meaning to make one at home. But what I wanted was vegetable stir-fry because I wanted to eat healthy food.
This Chinese vegetable stir-fry recipe was the perfect one. The vegetables are perfectly cooked and it has a sweet, savory, and spicy flavor. All the flavors balance each other. Also, this stir-fry goes great with rice.
To make Chinese mixed vegetable stir-fry, boil broccoli in a pot. Then, heat oil in a pan and cook onion, ginger, and garlic in it. Then, add the broccoli, cabbage, carrots, baby corn, and chilies to the pan and stir-fry them. Add sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce, and salt to it. Mix it and serve.
Out of ginger garlic paste? No worries! Just look at some of the substitutes for ginger garlic paste and cook without any more hiccups.
This was only an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Frogmore Stew– This stew originated in the Lowcountry fishing community on St. Helena Island called Frogmore. This is why this stew is also known as Lowcountry boil or Beaufort stew.
2. Garlic Mushrooms on Toast– Mushroom on toast is a yummy topping of these your favorite ingredient; cooked with aromatic spices. A little, quick bread pizza to give you a tummy-filling supper.
3. Kung Pao Chicken– Kung pao chicken is a highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and spicy flavors.
4. Bhagare Baingan Curry– Bhagare Baingan is a Hyderabad cuisine made in Punjabi way and tastes international, eaten in every part of the world. It is eaten with rice and chapatti. It is also called Nune Vankaya Kura in Telegu.
Chinese Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 Broccoli (chopped)
- 1 Cabbage (chopped)
- 2 medium Carrots (finely chopped)
- 4 Baby Corns
- 5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium Ginger (sliced)
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Sauce
- In a pot, boil some water and add the broccoli to it. Cook the broccoli for some time and then drain the water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, ginger, and onion to it. Cook them for about 5 minutes.
- Now, add green chillies, broccoli, cabbage, baby corn, and carrots to it. Let them cook and keep stirring while frying them.
- Then, add sugar, soy sauce, and chilli sauce to the pan. Mix them and cook well. Lastly, add a teaspoon of salt and mix it.
- Serve hot.