The Chinese Schezwan paneer is a great Indo-Chinese recipe. It is a really simple and easy recipe. You need to marinate and fry the cottage cheese. Then, stir fry vegetables and add sauces and spices to them. When the Schezwan sauce is cooked, you just have to add the fried cheese to it. Cook for some time and Voila! Your Chinese Schezwan is ready.
The Indo-Chinese cuisine is a great amalgamation of two cuisines. This cuisine is a beautiful example of how the Indians have made Chinese cuisine part of their own culture. The ingredients are made a bit more Indian without actually tampering with the authenticity of the Chinese recipe.
To make the Chinese Schezwan paneer, marinate cottage cheese slices in chili paste, flour, and seasoning and fry it. Then, heat oil in a pan and add vegetables, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, tomato sauce, and spices to it. Cook for some time and then add cornflour to thicken the sauce. Lastly, add the fried cottage cheese to it and cook for a few minutes.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetarian Lasagna– Learning to make a veggie lasagna is something that foodies of all ages can do. It’s packed with all manner of healthy ingredients but still substantial enough to fill you up until breakfast, so it’s the ideal food for students to make too.
2. Osso Buco– This recipe is one of the best Italian dishes that you will ever come across. This will make you fall in love with it and you will always recall the taste and flavor that it had.
3. Peri-Peri Tofu with Kale and Mustard Seeds– Tofu is made from soybeans that are ground in water, heated, and coagulated with minerals like calcium or magnesium salt. The curds are then pressed into a block, which is then sold as tofu.
4. Kadai Paneer– This restaurant-style Kadai Paneer gets its unique flavor from freshly ground spices like coriander and red chilies! Enjoy it with naan or paratha.
Chinese Schezwan Paneer Recipe
- 2 Pans
- 250 g Cottage Cheese (cubed)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers (chopped)
- ½ cup Green Onions (chopped)
- ½ cup Peas (boiled)
- 2 teaspoons Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a blender, pulse red chillies with 2 tablespoons of water to make paste.
- Now, add cornflour, pepper, salt, and the chilli paste to a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Now, put the pieces of cottage cheese in it and let it marinate for sometime.
- Then, heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated pieces of cheese in it.
- Now, put the pieces on a tissue to remove excess oil.
For Schezwan Cheese
- In a bowl, add ginger, garlic, soya sauce, 2 teaspoons tomato sauce, chilli flakes, and black pepper. Mix it all and keep it aside.
- Put sesame oil in a pan and heat it.
- Add the above-mixed sauces in it. Cook on high flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add peas, green onions, and bell peppers to it fry it for a while.
- Add the fried cheese slices to it and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, add cornflour and 3 teaspoons water. Then, add this to the pan.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to it and mix well. Cook it until it becomes thick.
- Add some more tomato sauce, cook it for a while and then serve.