Coconut has always been one of my favorites. The recipe that I am going to share is for Chinese coconut chicken. This Asian delicacy is a great dinner choice for many people.
Chinese coconut chicken is made with tempura-battered chicken breast pieces coated with amazing sweet and tangy creamy coconut sauce. It is really easy to make and gives you a subtle flavor of coconut along with other spices.
To make Chinese coconut chicken, marinate the chicken in a mixture of egg, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and ginger. In a saucepan, add garlic, chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice, and cornstarch. Stir it to make the sauce. Make a flour batter, dip chicken pieces in it and fry them until golden. Pour the sauce over the pieces and garnish with coconut flakes and lime.
This is just a summary of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Garlic Broccoli and Chicken Pasta– This pasta recipe is quick and easy to make. It gives a perfect flavor of garlic with the richness of creamy parmesan sauce. Unlike other creamy kinds of pasta, this combination of chicken breasts combined with broccoli and pasta is not heavy at all.
2. Zuni Chicken– The secret behind the taste of Zuni Chicken is salting the bird at least a day in advance. It will help in improving flavor, keeping it moist, and make it tender.
3. Gravlax– Gravlax is a Scandinavian cuisine made of salmon by fermenting it with vodka and spices. It is served as an appetizer.
4. Tinga De Pollo– It is also known as Chicken Tinga. This recipe is basically from Mexico but its name is taken from the Spanish language. The recipe is very delicious and easy to make. So let’s get started and make this Tinga de Pollo.
Chinese Coconut Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Egg
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- Lime Slices and Coconut Flakes (for garnishing)
- Cut the chicken and make it of consistent thickness. Place it in a shallow dish.
- In another bowl, mix an egg, 2 tsp cornstarch, salt, pepper and ginger. Pour this egg mixture over the chicken. Cover it and refrigerate for 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix 4 teaspoons cornstarch and 4 teaspoons water.
- Take a saucepan over high heat and add 1 teaspoon garlic to it. Cook it for 10-15 seconds. Now, add chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice to it and boil it. Cook it and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir it about 10 seconds until it thickens.
- Heat oil in a pan. In a bowl, mix flour, water and cornstarch, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, baking soda and salt.
- Take the chicken pieces and dip it in the flour batter and fry it for three minutes.
- Cut each piece crosswise using a very sharp knife. Place the single layer on a heated platter. Reheat the sauce over high heat and pour it over the chicken.
- Garnish the edge of the platter with coconut flakes and slices of lime.