Coconut is always being on my favourite list. And here I would like to share my all-time favourite combination with you. It is coconut combined with chicken and the recipe that I am going to share today will be “Chinese Coconut Chicken.” This Asian delicacy is being the favourite dinner choice for so many people!
Tempura battered chicken breast pieces coated with amazing sweet and tangy creamy coconut sauce. This leaves a long-lasting taste on your taste buds and you will feel amazing after having it.
This is a must-have recipe, which can be enjoyed with rice and veggies. Your family and friends will also love these crispy fried chicken breast tenders coated with coconut sauce. This is a very spicy and delicious dish, which can be cooked immediately.
Since chicken required double frying, you can pre-fry the pieces and store them in the freezer. Let’s check out the ingredients to make this creamy, crispy, meaty, savoury dish.
Ingredients for Chinese Coconut Chicken
|Boneless Chicken Breast||1lb.|
|White Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Finely Chopped Ginger||1 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||3 cups|
|Baking Soda||1/4 tsp|
|Minced Garlic||1 tsp|
|Coconut Milk||3/4 cup|
|Lime Juice||1/4 cup|
These ingredients are very easy to find. Just check out the list of ingredients to make Chinese coconut chicken. These ingredients are easily available at any nearby store, grab them and get started. Till then, let me tell you how much time it will take to make this delicacy.
How Much It Will Take?
|preparation time||cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||1 hour||1 hour 10 minutes|
Though this dish is quite time consuming, but it’s worth giving time to this. Because you will love it once it’s made, enjoy making this dish and it will be worth all the efforts and wait. Now, let’s move on to the instructions and follow them.
Chinese Coconut Chicken Recipe
- Cut the chicken and make it of consistent thickness. Place it in a shallow dish. In another bowl, mix the egg, 2tsp cornstarch, salt, pepper and ginger. Pour this egg mixture over the chicken. Cover it and refrigerate for 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix 4 tsp cornstarch and 4tsp water.
- Take a saucepan over high heat and add 1tsp garlic. Cook it for 10-15 seconds. Now add chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice and boil it. Cook and stir the cornstarch mixture until thickened, about 10 seconds.
- In a separate vessel, heat vegetable oil, mix the flour, water and cornstarch,2tsp vegetable oil, baking soda and salt.
- Take the chicken pieces and dip it in the batter and fry it for three minutes.
- Cut each piece crosswise using a very sharp knife. Place the single layer on a heated platter. Reheat the sauce over high heat and pour the chicken.
- Garnish the edge of the platter with some cherries and slices of lime.
Your Chinese Coconut Chicken is ready. Make this at your home and I bet that everyone will love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chinese Coconut Chicken
As we know that chicken is very good for our health. That’s why I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of the Chinese Coconut Chicken.
How to Make Chinese Coconut Chicken at Home | Video
I have put this video and it will help you in a better way. You can watch it if you find any difficulty with the above recipe.
After trying this recipe, do share your reviews in the comment section and feel free to ask questions about the recipe and I will respond as soon as possible.