Chimichurri steak tacos are tacos filled with grilled steak and taco toppings, with a slather of chimichurri sauce on top. Our recipe for chimichurri steak tacos is easy to follow. It gives you an ever delicious platter of tacos. This recipe is certain to make you come back for more.
This surprisingly easy-to-make Argentinian chimichurri sauce gives the tacos a herbaceous flavor. The addition of chimichurri sauce will brighten up the recipe with a much-needed zesty kick. It contains herbs like cilantro and works well with the overall tanginess of the tacos.
A great recipe is usually accompanied by tips you can use while cooking, and so does this one! You should grill the steak instead of frying it for the best results and taste. If you have leftover chimichurri sauce, don’t worry. You can douse anything, from veggies to meat, in this sauce, and it’ll always turn out yummy.
This recipe is perfect for get-togethers and taco Tuesdays. Can’t wait to try these tacos for yourself? From ingredients to equipment, we’ve got it all covered! So, pace yourself and get ready for a deep dive into this recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chimichurri Steak Tacos?
- Grill – The steak will be cooked on a grill.
- Tongs – Using a pair of tongs, the steak should be removed from the grill.
- Knife – Chop the vegetables using a knife. Also, the steak will be sliced with the use of a knife.
- Blender – The chimichurri sauce should be blended using a blender for best results.
- Large Bowl – The steak will be marinated in a large bowl.
- Air-Tight Container – After marination, the steak will be stored in an air-tight container for refrigeration.
- Container – The chimichurri sauce should be stored in a container for refrigeration.
- Plate – A plate can be used for serving tacos.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chimichurri Steak Tacos?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chimichurri Steak Tacos?
- Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar helps in tenderizing the steak during marination. It also adds a hint of sweetness to the steak.
- Soy Sauce – Using soy sauce will help enhance the flavor of the steak. It also makes the steak taste meatier.
- Oil – Adding oil to the marinade will keep the meat moist.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce gives the steak a bit of a flavor kick when used in a marinade.
- Honey – Honey will be used in adding sweetness to the meat.
- Dried Italian Seasoning – Dried Italian seasoning will give the steak marinade the flavor of all the necessary herbs.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder will make the steak more savory.
- Dried Mustard – Dried mustard provides the steak with a balanced acidic flavor.
- Steak – Grilled steak is the main ingredient of this recipe and is the key filling of these tacos.
- Corn – Corn adds a buttery, sweet taste to the tacos. It is also rich in vitamin C.
- Roasted Tomatoes – Using roasted tomatoes provide a more intense flavor to this dish. It is also healthy for your heart.
- Avocado – Avocados bring the much-needed freshness to this recipe and are rich in antioxidants as well.
- Tortillas – Tortillas have the necessary consistency to hold the fillings of the tacos well.
- Onions – Onions work well with meat and enhance its overall flavor.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream is thick in texture and provides the tacos with a rich, tangy taste.
For Chimichurri Sauce
- Cilantro – Cilantro gives the sauce a citrusy flavor. In a way, it brings a lot of freshness to this sauce.
- Parsley – Parsley adds a herby and earthy tone of taste to this sauce.
- Oregano – Oregano provides this sauce with a slightly bitter taste. It is used to balance the citrus taste of the sauce.
- Lime Juice – The addition of lime juice to this sauce embraces the flavor of this sauce. It is also low in calories.
- Garlic Cloves – Garlic gives this sauce a pungent taste. It also provides it with a bit of heat.
- Salt – Add salt according to taste.
- Pepper – Pepper is a versatile spice. It gives the saucy a spicy kick. It also helps in maintaining blood sugar balance.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Red pepper flakes bring a raw, spicy flavor to this sauce. It provides a lot of heat to the sauce.
- Vinegar – Adding vinegar to this sauce will enhance its sour taste and give it a zesty kick.
Steps To Make Chimichurri Steak Tacos
1. Marinating The Steak
Add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, oil, Worcestershire sauce, honey, dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and dried mustard to a big bowl and whisk them together. After whisking, add the steak into the whisked mixture and toss it well into the mixture. Then, keep the steak aside in an air-tight container. Refrigerate it for about 20 minutes.
2. Readying The Taco Fillings
Take out the steak for grilling after the marination period is over. Put the marinated steak on the grill. Remove it from the grill after it turns golden brown. Make sure the steak has a nice char to it as well. After letting it rest for a while, cut the steak against the grain for the best results. Also, chop some fresh avocados, roasted tomatoes, onions, and corn for the filling.
3. Things Are Getting Saucy
Add cilantro, parsley, oregano, lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a blender and blend all the components. The sauce will be ready after blending. Store the sauce in a container and refrigerate it.
4. The Big Taco Reveal!
Cover the base of each tortilla with a bit of sour cream. Now, add the fillings of avocado, corn, tomatoes, onions, and steak into the tacos. Top all of the tacos off with a slather of chimichurri sauce. Serve the tacos on a plate along with any drink of your choice.
How Will Chimichurri Steak Tacos Look And Taste Like?
The chimichurri steak tacos have a vibrant look to them. It contains bright colors added by vegetables used to like tomatoes and corn. The steak should look golden brown in color along with being slightly charred. The chimichurri sauce adds a green color to the tacos.
The steak has a smoky taste to it. The tortillas provide the tacos with a nice texture that can be felt with every bite. The chimichurri sauce has a herby and zesty taste to it. When combined with the tacos, this dish is hot and spicy.
Chimichurri Steak Tacos Recipe
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mustard
- 9 oz. Steak
- 1 Corn
- 2 Roasted Tomato
- 1 Avocado
- 6-8 Tortillas
- 1 Onion
- ½ cup Sour Cream
For Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Cilantro
- 1 ½ cup Parsley
- ½ cup Oregano
- 1 ½ tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Salt (according to taste)
- ½ tablespoon Pepper
- ½ tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- To a bowl, add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, oil, Worcestershire sauce, honey, dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and dried mustard. Mix them together and marinate the steak in it.
- Store the marinated steak in an air-tight container. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Now, grill the steak until it turns golden-brown and is slightly charred.
- Slice the steak against the grain. Side by side, chop the avocados, roasted tomatoes, onions, and corn for the taco filling.
- Add cilantro, parsley, oregano, lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to a blender and blend them. The chimichurri sauce is now ready.
- Store the chimichurri sauce in a container and refrigerate it.
- Now, smear a bit of sour cream on each tortilla.
- Add the steak and the chopped avocados, tomatoes, onions, and corn into the tacos.
- Drizzle some chimichurri sauce on top of each taco.
- Serve the tacos on a plate and pair it with a drink of your choice.
This was all about the chimichurri steak tacos recipe. Try it and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. I’ll see you next time. Until then, happy eating!