You wanna impress your family with Chili’s restaurant-style salsa and chips? If you ask me, Chili’s salsa is the best choice. But what if I tell you that you can make Chili’s-styled salsa at home. Don’t worry, I got this recipe for you. It’s Chili’s salsa, so everyone in your family will love it. It’s filled with tomatoes with a zesty punch of lemony green chilis.
Chili’s salsa has tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos blended together. This delicious puree is amped up by adding garlic, salt, sugar, and cumin. This salsa is kept in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. You can add more spices to have the flavors of your choice in the salsa. You can enjoy it with tortilla chips, or any other Mexican dish.
Chili’s salsa is so easy that it’s practically a child’s play if you know how to make it. Just blend in a handful of ingredients and there you go! Check out the lists of ingredients and equipment provided below. Try this recipe for Chili’s salsa and enjoy it with tortilla chips. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chilli’s menu.
1. Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta– Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta has chicken spiced up with Cajun seasoning and is served with penne pasta and diced tomatoes. The pasta is infused with the flavors of garlic, pepper, cheese, and parsley. The shredded cheese and chopped parsley on top add more flavors to it.
2. Chili’s Enchilada Soup– Chili’s enchilada soup is loaded with cheese, chicken, and flavors from herbs and spices. It’s filled with the taste of enchilada sauce, Velveeta cheese, Masa Harina, and spices like chili, garlic powder, pepper. It’s served shredded cheese and chopped chives on top.
3. Chili’s Queso– Chili’s queso is a mouth-watering combination of cheese, milk, and spices. It has the taste of Velveeta cheese and Hormel chili mixed together with spices like pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and many more. This delicious dip can be enjoyed with any Mexican side dish.
4. Chili’s Baked Potato Soup– Chili’s baked potato soup is a delicious creamy potato soup. It has baked potatoes mashed and combined with cream and chicken stock. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper and amped up by adding bacon and shredded cheese on top.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Salsa?
- Food processor- A food processor is key equipment for this recipe. You can also use a blender in place of the food processor.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to check the consistency of the salsa.
- Container- Transfer the prepared salsa into the container with a lid and store it in the refrigerator.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Salsa?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Salsa?
- Tomatoes and green chilies- Tomatoes with green chili has a nice blend of zesty green chilies and vine-ripe tomatoes mixed with spices. Use a can of 14-ounces of tomatoes and green chilies for this recipe.
- Whole canned tomatoes- Use a can of tomatoes with juice for this recipe. It contains crushed and diced tomatoes along with juice and it’s perfect to be used in this recipe to add tomato flavor to it.
- Jalapenos- Add four tablespoons of canned and diced jalapenos. Avoid using pickled jalapenos for this recipe.
- Onion- Add a cup of diced yellow onions for this recipe. Yellow onions have a sharp and pungent yet mildly sweet flavor.
- Garlic- Add a half teaspoon of garlic to the salsa to have the basic seasoning flavor of garlic.
- Cumin- Add a half teaspoon of powdered garlic in the salsa to add earthy and slightly flavor.
- Sugar- Add a one-fourth teaspoon of sugar to balance the flavors in salsa and to add mild sweetness to it.
- Salt- Add salt according to your taste to enhance the flavor of Chili’s salsa.
Steps To Make Chili’s Salsa
1. Blend In All Ingredients
Add jalapenos and onions to a food processor. Blend them until a smooth mixture is formed. Now, add a can of tomatoes with green chili and whole canned tomatoes with juice to the food processor. Add salt, sugar, and cumin and blend the mixture until a smooth puree is formed.
2. Chill For A Couple Hours
Transfer the puree to a container and cover it up. Place this container into the refrigerator for a few hours and let the flavors get perfectly infused in the salsa.
Serve this Chili’s salsa with tortilla chips or your favorite side dish.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||52 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Chili’s Salsa Look and Taste?
Chili’s salsa is luscious red filled with tomatoes and jalapenos. It’s filled with the flavors of onion, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and green chili. It’s smooth and delicious. It’s served with tortilla chips. Try it with any other Mexican dish and share your experience in the comments below.
Chili’s Salsa Recipe
- Food Processor
- 14 ounces Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 14 ounces Whole Canned Tomatoes (plus the juice)
- 4 teaspoons Jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- Transfer jalapenos and chopped onions into the food processor. Blend them to form a smooth mixture. Now, add a can of tomatoes with green chili and whole canned tomatoes with juice to the mixture in the food processor. Add salt, cumin, and sugar. Blend the mixture to form a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into an air-tight container. Place this container into the refrigerator for few hours. Serve this salsa with tortilla chips or your favorite side dish.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Share you views in the comments below and try other recipes too.