You know you can find the best enchilada soup at Chili’s. Well, I’m here to share the recipe for Chili’s enchilada soup. It’s a delicious chicken soup filled with cheese and enchilada flavors. It’s super healthy and the best way to enjoy the chicken-cheese combo.
Chili’s enchilada soup is definitely your type if you’re a die-hard cheese lover. It’s a chicken soup but filled with cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Velveeta cheese. It’s bursting with the flavors of this trio and the enchilada sauce just adds to this comfy delight. You can go on adding more spices if you want. But in my opinion, just keep it the way Chili’s does. Add jalapenos on top if you want it to be spicier.
This recipe of enchilada soup from Chili’s is quite a simple recipe and you don’t need to put much while making it. All the ingredients used to make Chili’s enchilada soup are fresh and healthy. You add some more spices or ingredients if you wish.
If you are out of masa harina, that’s not an issue. Here is a list of masa harina substitutes that you can use instead.
If you want to make these soup-like chili’s, follow the exact instructions mentioned below. Read the lists of equipment and ingredients too. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chili’s menu.
1. Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta– Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta has chicken spiced up with Cajun seasoning and is served with penne pasta and diced tomatoes. The pasta is infused with the flavors of garlic, pepper, cheese, and parsley. The shredded cheese and chopped parsley on top add more flavors to it.
2. Chili’s Queso– Chili’s queso is a mouth-watering combination of cheese, milk, and spices. It has the taste of Velveeta cheese and Hormel chili mixed together with spices like pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and many more. This delicious dip can be enjoyed with any Mexican side dish.
3. Chili’s Salsa– Chili’s salsa is a famous dip that contains tomatoes and green chili mixed with spices like pepper, salt, etc. This dip can be enjoyed with tortillas, chips, burritos, or any other Mexican side dish. It’s an easy copycat recipe and gets ready within a few minutes.
4. Chili’s Baked Potato Soup– Chili’s baked potato soup is a delicious creamy potato soup. It has baked potatoes mashed and combined with cream and chicken stock. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper and amped up by adding bacon and shredded cheese on top.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Enchilada Soup?
- Bowl- You need a medium-sized bowl to whisk matcha with water before adding this mixture to the pot containing soup.
- Spatula- You need a spatula to make the masa mixture and to stir the soup in the pot.
- Pot- To make a soup, you need a pot. The size of the pit may vary according to the quantity of the ingredients used for this recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Enchilada Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Timing|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Enchilada Soup?
- Olive oil- You need just a tablespoon of olive oil to cook the onions and garlic for the soup. Use extra virgin olive oil for this recipe.
- Onion- Chop an onion and cook it in the pot for the soup. You’re free to choose between red and yellow onions for this recipe.
- Garlic- Mince two garlic cloves and add them to the pot. Garlic gives a slightly nutty and distinct seasoning flavor to the soup.
- Chicken broth- Add five cups of chicken broth to the soup. Use low-sodium chicken broth instead of regular chicken broth. This is because, as the chicken broth reduces in the soup, it amplifies the seasoning flavors.
- Masa harina- Add just one cup of masa harina to the soup. It gives thick consistency to the soup and adds depth to the enchilada flavor.
- Enchilada sauce- Pour a cup of enchilada sauce in the pot to add enchilada flavor to it.
- Velveeta- Cut sixteen ounces of Velveeta cheese into cubes and add it to the pot containing soup. Velveeta is a famous American cheese. It’s creamy and melts easily like butter. It holds together the flavors and adds to the rich texture of the soup.
- Chicken- Add two cups of shredded chicken to the soup to add delicious chicken bites to the soup.
- Chili powder- Add a teaspoon of chili powder to add heat to the soup.
- Cumin- A half teaspoon of ground cumin gives a nice spicy and seasoning flavor to the soup.
- Kosher salt- Kosher salt will enhance the flavor of the soup. If you don’t use low sodium chicken broth in the soup, then you might need to add more salt for flavor.
- Pepper- Add more seasoning flavor by adding freshly ground black pepper to it.
- Monterey jack- Monterey jack is a buttery cheese. It’s mainly used in Mexican cruising and melts easily as compared to the regular cheese. Use a cup of shredded Monterey jack to garnish the soup.
- Cheddar- You can also garnish the soup by using a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Tortilla chips- Add some crushed tortilla chips on top before serving.
Steps To Make Chili’s Enchilada Soup
1. Sweat Onions And Add Chicken Broth:
Cook onions in a large pot containing olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Now, add garlic and cook it for about a minute until fragrant. Then, add chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
2. Add-In The Enchilada And Chicken:
In a medium-sized bowl, add masa and two cups of water. Whisk them until it’s smooth and contains no lumps. Transfer this mixture to the pot and add Velveeta along with enchilada sauce to the pot. Stir continuously until Velveeta melts. Now, add chili powder, cumin, and chicken. Season with salt and pepper and stir for about a minute.
3. Garnish And Serve:
Transfer the soup into a bowl. Garnish with cheese, chopped cilantro, and chives. Serve it with tortilla chips and enjoy your chicken enchilada soup.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1525 IU|
|Vitamin C||17 mg|
How Will Chili’s Enchilada Soup Look and Taste?
Chili’s enchilada soup is ready! It’s delicious and looks exactly like the one served at Chili’s. It’s filled with cheesy flavors from cheddar, Velveeta, and Monterey jack. The chicken broth adds a more meaty flavor to the soup. This soup is rich in enchilada flavor from enchilada sauce. It’s seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. The crushed tortilla chips on top add a little crunchy and taste to the soup.
Chili’s Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 5 cups Chicken Broth (low-sodium)
- 1 cup Masa Harina
- 1 cup Enchilada Sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta (cut into cubes)
- 2 cups Chicken (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack (shredded)
- 1 cup Cheddar (shredded)
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Add onions to a large pot containing olive oil over medium heat and cook them for about 5 minutes. Then, add garlic and cook it for about a minute until fragrant. Pour in chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- To a medium-sized bowl, add masa and two cups of water. Mix them to combine until the mixture is smooth and contains no lumps. Transfer this mixture into the pot. Now, add Velveeta along with enchilada sauce. Stir continuously until Velveeta melts. Now, add chili powder, cumin, and chicken and season with salt and pepper. Stir for about a minute.
- Now, transfer the soup into a bowl. Garnish it with cheese, chopped cilantro, and chives. Serve it with tortilla chips (or with crushed tortilla chips on top) and enjoy your chicken enchilada soup.
Share you experience with this recipe in the comments below and try our other recipes too.