In case you can’t go out to Chili’s to enjoy Cajun chicken pasta, here’s the good news for you. You can try the famous Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta from Chili’s at home.
It is a mouth-watering combination of chicken, pasta, and cheese. I’m here to share this Chili’s copycat recipe with you. So, get ready to enjoy this delish pasta recipe straight from Chili’s menu in the comfort of your home.
Cajun chicken pasta from Chili’s has cooked chicken that is infused with the flavors of butter and Cajun spices. It’s juicy and so tender that it falls apart the moment you take a bite. The pasta is coated with a delicious creamy sauce.
Loaded with parmesan cheese and garlic flavors it tastes delicious. On top of that, butter enhances the texture of the pasta and the sauce. The recipe for Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta is quite easy and delicious. Out of Cajun seasoning? Here is a list of Cajun seasoning substitutes for you.
You can check out the lists to know the equipment and ingredients required. Follow the instructions carefully and I’m sure the result would be as amazing and delicious as mentioned below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chilli’s menu.
1. Chili’s Enchilada Soup– Chili’s enchilada soup is loaded with cheese, chicken, and flavors from herbs and spices. It’s filled with the taste of enchilada sauce, Velveeta cheese, Masa Harina, and spices like chili, garlic powder, and pepper. It’s served with shredded cheese and chopped chives on top.
2. Chili’s Queso– Chili’s queso is a mouth-watering combination of cheese, milk, and spices. It has the taste of Velveeta cheese and Hormel chili mixed together with spices like pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and many more. This delicious dip can be enjoyed with any Mexican side dish.
3. Chili’s Salsa– Chili’s salsa is a famous dip that contains tomatoes and green chili mixed with spices like pepper, salt, etc. This dip can be enjoyed with tortillas, chips, burritos, or any other Mexican side dish. It’s an easy copycat recipe and gets ready within a few minutes.
4. Chili’s Baked Potato Soup– Chili’s baked potato soup is a delicious creamy potato soup. It has baked potatoes mashed and combined with cream and chicken stock. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper and amped up by adding bacon and shredded cheese on top.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta?
- Bowl – Season the chicken in a bowl or over a sturdy surface.
- Saucepan – Cook the chicken in the saute pan. You can make the pasta sauce in the same saute pan.
- Spatula – Stir the pasta and the sauce in the pan using a spatula. Use a spatula if you can safely flip the chicken using a spatula.
- Plastic bag – Put the chicken in the plastic bag, add the Cajun spice, and rub the spice on the chicken from outside the bag with bare hands. This way, you can avoid the wastage of spice rub and it keeps your hands clean.
- Kitchen Tongs – Use kitchen tongs to flip the chicken in the pan.
- Pot – Use a pot to boil penne pasta for this recipe.
- Sieve – You can use a large sieve to safely drain the penne pasta for this recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta?
- Penne Pasta – For pasta, you can use a half box of penne pasta.
- Chicken – Chicken is the key ingredient for this recipe. Use two boneless, skinless, and thin-cut chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Cajun Seasoning – Cajun seasoning is a blend of aromatic spices like onion powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, oregano, thyme, black pepper, and many more. You need a tablespoon of Cajun seasoning spice for this recipe.
- Butter – You need a tablespoon of butter for this recipe. Butter cooks and adds flavor to the chicken and the pasta sauce. Use one tablespoon of butter for cooking chicken and two tablespoons of butter for pasta sauce.
- Half And Half – Add half-and-half or heavy cream for pasta sauce. It gives body to the sauce and intensifies the flavors in the sauce.
- Garlic Powder – Add a half teaspoon of garlic powder to half-and-half in the pan to add more seasoning flavor to the sauce.
- Kosher Salt – Enhance the flavor of the pasta by adding kosher salt to it.
- Black Pepper – Add some heat and a seasoning flavor to the pasta by adding freshly ground black pepper.
- Parmesan Cheese – Add more flavor and delight to this dish by adding a one-third cup of parmesan cheese to the pasta sauce. Also, add about three tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese on top before serving.
- Tomato – Dice one tomato and add it to the serving plate along with pasta and chicken before serving.
- Parsley – Add a teaspoon of freshly sliced flat-leaf parsley over the pasta and chicken before serving.
Steps To Make Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta
1. Season The Chicken
Pat dry the chicken with a kitchen towel and rub the Cajun spice all over the chicken skin. Make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated with Cajun spice before cooking. Now, cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set the pasta aside to cool for a few minutes.
2. Heat Work
Melt a tablespoon of butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Lay the chicken in the hot pan and cook it for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Let it turn brown and crispy. Remove from the pan when it’s done and set it aside to cool.
3. Pasta In Making
Melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter in the same saute pan and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to it. Add a one-third cup of parmesan and heavy cream. Let the mixture bubble and toss in the pasta. Stir them to combine and transfer them into a bowl.
4. Toss Them Together And Serve
Add pasta to a serving plate along with diced tomatoes. Place sliced chicken on top and finish with grated parmesan cheese.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta Look and Taste?
This chicken pasta looks exactly like Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta. It has savory pasta mixed with delicious pasta sauce. The pasta is loaded with the flavors of seasoning spices and parmesan cheese. The slices of tender and juicy chicken are placed on top. The chicken is filled with the flavors of Cajun spices and butter. It’s served with diced tomatoes, grated cheese, and chopped parsley on top.
Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Plastic Bag
- Kitchen Tongs
- Penne Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts (thin-cut, boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon Butter (divided)
- 1 cup Half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 1 teaspoons Flat-leaf Parsley (sliced)
- Rub the Cajun spice all over the chicken skin. Make sure the chicken skin is dry before seasoning it’s skin and thoroughly coat it with Cajun spice. Cook penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain it and set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a large saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken to the pan when it’s hot and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan when it’s brown and crispy.
- Melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter to the same saute pan and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in one-third cup of parmesan and heavy cream. Let the mixture bubble and toss in the pasta. Stir the cream to combine with cheese and spices and transfer it into a bowl.
- Now, add pasta to a serving plate along with diced tomatoes. Place sliced chicken on top and finish with grated parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta made of?
Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta is prepared with chicken, Cajun seasoning, butter, half and half, parmesan, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
What can replace Cajun seasoning?
Cajun seasoning can be replaced with Creole seasoning or old bay seasoning.
What is the difference between Cajun and fajita seasoning?
Besides some common elements added in Cajun and fajita seasoning, the tart flavors in fajita seasoning are what makes it different.
What is the cost of Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta?
Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta costs you $11.99.
I hope you liked this recipe. I’d love to know your thoughts about it. Share your views in the comments below and try other recipes too.