A creamy scrumptious soup loaded with potatoes, bacon, and cheese! I’m sure I’m not the only one who craves Chili’s baked potato soup (especially during the fall season). It’s the best recipe for baked potatoes. It’s loaded with cheese, bacon, and herbs. You can easily try Chili’s baked potato soup at home. It’s a healthy way to serve baked potatoes and is loved by everyone.
Chili’s baked potato soup has baked potatoes mashed and mixed with cream, roux (of flour and onion), chicken stock, and butter. You can season the soup with salt and pepper according to your taste. It’s super creamy and smooth. You can customize its taste by adding some more spices. But if you want it to be just like Chili’s baked potato soup, stick to the instructions given below.
I’ve mentioned some important equipment and ingredients in the lists below. Read these lists and keep all of them with you. Then, move on to the recipe instructions for Chili’s baked potato soup. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chilli’s menu.
1. Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta– Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta has chicken spiced up with Cajun seasoning and is served with penne pasta and diced tomatoes. The pasta is infused with the flavors of garlic, pepper, cheese, and parsley. The shredded cheese and chopped parsley on top add more flavors to it.
2. Chili’s Enchilada Soup– Chili’s enchilada soup is loaded with cheese, chicken, and flavors from herbs and spices. It’s filled with the taste of enchilada sauce, Velveeta cheese, Masa Harina, and spices like chili, garlic powder, pepper. It’s served shredded cheese and chopped chives on top.
3. Chili’s Queso– Chili’s queso is a mouth-watering combination of cheese, milk, and spices. It has the taste of Velveeta cheese and Hormel chili mixed together with spices like pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and many more. This delicious dip can be enjoyed with any Mexican side dish.
4. Chili’s Salsa– Chili’s salsa is a famous dip that contains tomatoes and green chili mixed with spices like pepper, salt, etc. This dip can be enjoyed with tortillas, chips, burritos, or any other Mexican side dish. It’s an easy copycat recipe and gets ready within a few minutes.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Baked Potato Soup?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to mash the potatoes or to keep the ingredients like chopped potatoes, onions.
- Saucepan- Saute the onions in a saucepan. You need a saucepan to make the soup.
- Spatula- Safely stir in all the ingredients using a spatula in the saucepan.
- Spoon- Add cream or other ingredients to the pan using a spoon.
- Masher- Use a hand masher to mash the potatoes for the soup.
- Oven- You can bake the potatoes without an oven. This recipe is incomplete without an oven.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Baked Potato Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes||1 Hour 50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Baked Potato Soup?
- Potatoes: Use two medium-sized potatoes for this recipe. I’ve used Russet potatoes. You are free to choose any type of potatoes for this soup.
- Butter: Saute the onions in about three tablespoons of butter. Butter cooks the veggies and adds an extra buttery flavor to the soup.
- Onion- For onions, use a cup of diced white onions for this recipe. White onions add a mildly sweet flavor.
- Flour- You need about two tablespoons of flour to make a roux. The roux thickens the soup and gives it a nice texture.
- Chicken Stock- Add four cups of chicken stock to the soup to add more flavors to the soup.
- Water- Add two cups of water in case the soup is too thick.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch is the most common thickening agent. Use one-fourth cup of cornstarch for this recipe.
- Mashed Potatoes- You need instant mashed potatoes for baked potato soup.
- Salt- A teaspoon of salt will enhance the taste of the soup.
- Pepper- Add some heat to the soup by adding pepper to it.
- Basil and Thyme- Basil and thyme give herbal flavors to the soup.
- Half and half-Use one cup of half-and-half to give a nice and smooth texture to the soup.
- Cheddar Cheese- Garnish the soup with a half cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bacon- Use a one-fourth cup of cooked and crumbled bacon to garnish baked potato soup.
- Green Onions- Chop two green onions to garnish the soup.
Steps To Make Chili’s Baked Potato Soup
1. Mash Potatoes And Saute Onions
Bake the potatoes for about an hour in a preheated oven (400 F). Remove from the oven and set them aside to cool. Melt butter in a saucepan and add onions to it. Saute the onions until brown in color. Now, add flour to the saucepan and mix to make a roux.
2. Add All Ingredients To The Pan
Add water to the pan along with corn starch, stock, mashed potatoes, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped baked potatoes and half-and-half. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until the soup is thick.
Transfer soup into a bowl with cheddar cheese on top. Garnish with a half teaspoon of bacon and chopped green onion and serve.
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||465 IU|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
How Will Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Look and Taste?
Chili’s baked potato soup is ready! Can you believe that a restaurant-style soup could be this easy? It’s filled with the creaminess of half-and-half and mashed potatoes. Butter adds to its rich texture and flavor. It has the flavor of basic seasoning spices like salt and pepper with a hint of herbal aroma from thyme and parsley. The crispy bacon and cheddar cheese on top adds extra flavor and fun to this soup.
Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 Russet Potatoes (medium-size)
- 1 cup White onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1.5 cups Instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Half-And-Half
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded, divided)
- 1/4 cup Cooked Bacon (crumbled, divided)
- 2 Green Onions (chopped, divided)
- Start by baking potatoes for about an hour in a preheated oven (400 F). Then, set them aside to cool for a few minutes. Melt butter in a saucepan and add onions to it. Saute the onions until brown in color. Stir in flour and mix to make roux for the soup.
- Pour in water along with cornstarch, stock, mashed potatoes, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped baked potatoes and half-and-half. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, and let it simmer again for about 15 minutes until the soup is thick.
- Now, transfer soup into a bowl with cheddar cheese on top. Garnish with a half teaspoon of bacon and chopped green onion and serve.
That’s all about Chili’s baked potato soup recipe. Share your views in the comments below of you tried this recipe. Check out our other recipes too.