The holiday season is here, which means the party season has officially begun. With parties comes good food to mind. That’s why I am going to share with you an ultra-delicious party starter- a chili cheese dip recipe!!
Nothing beats a warm and cheesy appetizer on cold winter days. So, if you are planning a party with your friends around your decked-up Christmas tree, you gotta try this mouth-watering chili cheese sauce recipe.
This easy yet flavorful cheese dip is made with just four ingredients. You will need cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salsa, and of course spicy chilis!!
Why I call this recipe easy, actually super-duper easy is because you have to combine all the ingredients together in a saucepan. You cook them for 6-8 minutes, and your delicious chili cheese is ready to be served!
If you have yet to try this sauce, you need to do it right now. I suggest you combine all the ingredients and turn on the heat when your guests arrive!
They will love you even more!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chili Cheese Dip?
- Saucepan – You will need a saucepan to make chili cheese dip.
- Stove – A stove or induction will help you cook the dip.
- Knife – A knife will be used to cut cream cheese cubes.
- Shredder – A shredder will be required to shred the cheese.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chili Cheese Dip?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||8 Minutes||13 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chili Cheese Dip?
- Chili – To make chili cheese dip, you will need two and a half cups of chili homemade or store-bought can. Chili, also called chili con carne, is a hearty beef stew made with spices, peppers, meat, tomatoes, and beans.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is the star ingredient in this recipe, lends a delicious flavor and texture. You will need four ounces of cream cheese cut into cubes. I recommend using Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Shredded Cheese – Another cheese that adds great value to this dip is shredded cheddar cheese and pepper jack. You will need two cups of shredded cheese. I recommend you use freshly shredded cheese as it melts much smoother.
- Salsa – Salsa is infused with tons of flavors. We will need one-fourth cup of salsa to add a kick of spice and acidity.
- Cayenne Pepper – If you wish to add some more heat to the dip, you can add cayenne pepper according to your taste.
Steps To Make Chili Cheese Dip
1. Chili Cheese Dip In Saucepan
To make chili cheese dip, place a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add all the ingredients and cook them for about 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly.
Once the cheese has melted and is bubbly, remove the dip from the heat.
2. Chili Cheese Dip In Crock Pot
You can also make chili cheese dip in a crock pot. To do so, spray the bottom of your pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ingredients to the crock pot and cook on low for 1-3 hours.
Your chili cheese dip is ready to be served with tortilla chips, bread cubes, or vegetables.
What To Serve With Chili Cheese Dip?
Chili Cheese Dip is an exceptional dip that can be served with crispy tortilla chips, baguette slices, pita bread, bread cubes, crackers, or vegetable crudites.
Additionally, you can also top the dip with sliced olives, avocados, spring onions, or chopped cilantro.
How To Store Chili Cheese Dip?
You can store chili cheese dip in an airtight container for 3-4 days. You can also freeze the dip for 2-3 months in a freezer-safe container. Before using frozen dip, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on the stovetop.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
How Will Chili Cheese Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Chili cheese dip is a delicious and easy appetizer, making it a perfect party starter. This dip combines lip-smacking chili flavors, creamy cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
This dip also looks amazing. It looks like a baked dish with white and deep red colors.
Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2½ cups Homemade Chili
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- ¼ cup Salsa
- Cayenne Pepper, optional, for heat
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add all the ingredients to it.
- Cook the ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat until all ingredients are thoroughly combined, and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve chili cheese dip with tortilla chips, bread cubes, or vegetables.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is chili cheese made of?
Chili cheese dip is made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and salsa.
What kind of cheese goes in chili?
Cheddar and cream cheese are essentially added to chili cheese dip. You can also add any other cheese that melts of your choice.
Can we use mozzarella with chili?
Yes, you can sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chili cheese dip.
What can I serve with chili cheese dip?
Chili Cheese Dip can be served with crispy tortilla chips, baguette slices, pita bread, bread cubes, crackers, or vegetable crudites.
I hope you have enjoyed going through the recipe. For more special holiday recipes, check out our recipe section on the website.