Chilli Rellenos is a Mexican dish with its origin to Puebla. Its variations are Hatch Chile, Anaheim pepper and Pasilla Meat. It has an incredible taste and you would keep asking for more of it.
My father is a great foodie and he loves to cook as well. It was only last year that he surprised us with Chiles Rellenos at lunch. It looked amazing and made my mouth water. And I loved it absolutely. Since I liked it too much I asked my father to share the recipe for Chiles Rellenos with me. He did so and I took over the responsibility to cook Chiles Rellenos every weekend. I even serve it to my friends at home parties. It is simple and easy to cook.
Indeed, Chiles Rellenos is a lip-smacking and delicious dish which you would love to cook and enjoy. Here, I will be explaining how to make Chiles Rellenos at home. Without further ado, let’s check out the best ever Chiles Rellenos Recipe.
Ingredients required for Chiles Rellenos Recipe
|Anaheim chile peppers||6|
|White Mexican cheese||1 (8 ounce) package|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3/4 cup|
|Vegetable shortening for frying||1 cup|
How much time will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Additional time||Total time|
|25 minutes||20 minutes||15 minutes||1 hour|
Chiles Rellenos Recipe
- Take a baking sheet. Line with aluminium foil.
- Put peppers onto the sheet.
- Now cook in the oven’s preheated broiler. For 10 minutes, let it turn black on both sides and be blistered.
- Take a bowl and put the blackened peppers into it.
- Plastic wrap should be used to seal it.
- Meanwhile, as the peppers begin to cool, let them steam for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use cold water for peeling off the skins of cooled peppers.
- Pertinently, take off the seeds and core from each of the pepper.
- Wash the peppers inside out and let them dry.
- Add cheese strips to the peppers.
- Take a bowl. Mix baking powder with the egg yolks.
- Take another bowl. Blend the egg whites in an electric mixer. Ensure that have formed stiff peaks.
- Next, this beaten egg whites mixture has to be folded onto the prepared yolk mixture.
- Now, take a shallow bowl for flour.
- Take a skillet. Heat vegetable shortening over medium heat.
- Each stuffed pepper has to be rolled in the flour with tapping off excess flour and dipped into the mixture of eggs. Ensure both the sides are properly coated.
- Next, place them into the skillet.
- Let the peppers fry so that they get golden brown and the cheese gets melted. It would take about 5 minutes to fry both sides of the coated peppers.
Chiles Rellenos Recipe Nutritional Information
|Dietary fiber||1.1 g|
|Saturated fats||8.2 g|
|Vitamin A||593.9 IU|
|Vitamin C||64.7 mg|