I went to a party for a few days with my father. The organizer of the party is a childhood friend of my father and he stays in Mexico. I was talking to there children about the culture, cuisine, and tradition of the country. But as you all know I am a foodie my mandatory question remains constant what is the famous dish of Mexico.
They replied the cuisines of Mexico are world-famous but people love the most is Chicken taco which is the favorite dish of Mexico and everyone loves to eat Chicken taco. I was curious to know about the dish, where the dish came from, who invented the Chicken taco etc.
You can also use Cotija cheese or any of its substitutes to your chicken tacos. I think you people are also excited to know about the Chicken taco. Come let’s see the history of Chicken taco.
A Chicken taco is a traditional Mexican cuisine consisting of a small-sized tortilla topped with a filling. The tortilla is then folded around the filling and eaten. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables, and cheese, allowing great variety. Chicken taco is a common form of Mexican street food, which has spread around the world. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Doritos Chicken Casserole– The recipe which I am going to share now is everyone’s favorite. This recipe is a combination of both the Chicken and the tacos or I must say Doritos.
2. Burrito Burger– Burrito burgers are an amazing snacking option loved by most people. This recipe was a twist to a normal hamburger that are juicy and delicious.
3. Tacos Al Pastor– Unlike tacos filled with beef, chicken, or even fish, Taco Al Pastor are filled with pork. The recipe got its name from the technique adopted by Mexican shepherds to prepare strips of marinated pork on vertical spits.
4. Chicken Hot Dogs– Chicken hot dogs are perfect for such small get-togethers as they can be prepared in just about 10-12 minutes. A big bite of a Chicken Hot Dog feels like a mini party in the mouth. The amalgamation of simple yet crunchy textures in the mouth is something to die for.
Ingredients Required To Make Chicken taco
|Boneless Chicken||1 Pound|
|Garlic Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Lime Juice||1 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Onion Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tbsp|
|Corn Tortillas||12 Pounds|
|Chadder Cheese||8 ounce|
|Chopped Tomatoes||2 cups|
Chicken Taco Recipe
- In a pot add chicken, olive oil, lemonade, lime juice and heat it for some time.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and simmer it for 20 mins.
- Warm Corn tortilla in oven.
- With shredded lettuce, jalapeno, cheese, tomato, salt, black pepper serve the chicken.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 MINS||20 MINS||40 MINS|
Nutritional Facts Of Chicken Taco