Chicken Saltimbocca is a perfect dinner idea. Today, I will share this super easy dinner recipe of chicken saltimbocca with you.
Chicken Saltimbocca is an Italian dish mainly popular in Rome. In Italy, Saltimbocca means ‘jump in your mouth’. The main ingredients for this recipe are chicken breast and prosciutto.
To make Chicken Saltimbocca, you need to slice the chicken breast and season it with seasonings like sea salt and pepper. Then, heat oil in a skillet. Then, cook it with wine that will make it brown in bits. Make a sauce with flour and wine. Spoon it over the chicken at the final step.
If you want to make the chicken even more flavorful, you can add poultry seasoning to it. If you don’t have poultry seasoning, don’t worry. Just use any of the poultry seasoning substitutes.
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Rice Dressing– A rice dressing is a great rice dish you can make with rice. Ground beef or ground pork is used in rice dressing and that is why this recipe is delicious and very easy to make.
2. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken– The traditional way of cooking sesame chicken is cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces followed by deep-frying and then tossing the chicken pieces in sticky sauce.
3. Baked Chicken Fajitas– Baked chicken fajitas are a Mexican dish that I learned from one of my friends during high school. She would garnish it with cheese sauce and sometimes with tangy sauces. I loved this delicious dish and tried to make it home as well.
4. Chicken Milanese– Chicken Milanese is one of the best chicken cutlets. You can easily make it in a short time. I asked my local Italian friend to teach me her recipe for the tasty chicken cutlets and she told me her Milanese chicken cutlet recipe.
Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts (boneless)
- 5 thin slices Prosciutto
- 12 large fresh Sage Leaves
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Gluten Free Flour
- Freshly Ground Pepper and Sea Salt (as per taste)
- Slice the chicken breast and place it between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Now, pound the flat side of a mallet to a ¼ inch thickness on your working surface. Place chicken and season it with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Wrap the chicken breast in a slice of prosciutto.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add chicken breast and heat it until it turns golden brown.
- Now, remove the skillet and set it aside.
- Keep stirring it with wine while your pan loosens the browned bits.
- Cook it for about 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk the broth with flour in a small bowl. Now, add wine and stir. When it starts bubbling, it will also start to thicken. This sauce will be used for spooning the chicken.
- Into your skillet, carefully place the cooked chicken and nestle it into the sauce.
- Cook it to spoon sauce all over the chicken until heated through.