Chicken Saltimbocca is a perfect dinner idea and today, I will share this super easy dinner recipe of chicken saltimbocca with you.
Chicken Saltimbocca is an Italian dish mainly popular in Rome. In Italy, Saltimbocca means “jump in your mouth”. This chicken saltimbocca is a chicken recipe that gives a burst of flavours in your mouth. The main ingredients are chicken breast and prosciutto. This chicken finger-licking and left everyone starving more.
To make Chicken Saltimbocca, you need to slice the chicken breast and season it with seasonings like sea salt and pepper then heat it in the skillet. Then cook it with wine that will make it brown in bits. Make a sauce with flour and wine that will be spooned on the chicken at the final step.
This traditional recipe is a treat to have. But that was an overview of the recipe. For detailed steps, do check out the recipe section below But first, you can read the detailed steps to make this recipe at home.
Ingredients For Chicken Saltimbocca
- 1lb Chicken Breasts (boneless)
- 5 Thin Slices Authentic Prosciutto
- 12 Large Fresh Sage Leaves
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Gluten Free Flour
- Freshly Ground Pepper and Sea Salt.
You can get these ingredients easily from any store near your home. This recipe is very quick to make. That is why, I’ve added the proper timings of this dish below.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Chicken Saltimbocca?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes|
This dish is very easy and you can make it at home in very little time. Let’s see the proper detailed instructions of this recipe.
Steps To Make Chicken Saltimbocca
- Slice the chicken breast and place it between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Now pound the flat side of a mallet to a 1/4 inch thickness on your working surface, place chicken and season it with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
- Now wrap chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto.
- Now on medium heat, heat oil in a skillet, add chicken breast and heat it until it turns golden brown.
- Now remove the skillet and set aside.
- Keep stirring it with wine while your pan loosens the browned bits.
- Cook it for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Whisk the broth with flour in a small bowl. Now stir it with wine as it starts bubbling, it should also start to thicken up and this sauce will be used in spooning the chicken.
- Into your skillet, carefully return the cooked chicken and nestle it into the sauce.
- Cook it to spoon sauce all over the chicken until heated through.
Your dish is ready now. Have this dish with your favourite drink and side dish and enjoy.
Nutritional breakdown of chicken Saltimbocca
We all know that chicken is really good for our health. That is why I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this recipe below.
How To Make Chicken Saltimbocca At Home | Video
I have added this video for you, so that you can take reference from this video if you find any difficulty with the recipe.
Try this recipe at home and don’t forget to share your reviews in the comment section. Do give your valuable feedback in the comment section.