What’s the healthiest way to serve chicken? The answer is hands down a chicken salad. Have you tried chicken salad with grapes and walnuts? If not, today I’m here to share this special recipe with you. Veggies and fruits along with flavors added to this salad work wonders in elevating your mood.
This recipe is really quick and easy. I love this salad for its fresh creamy texture and little savory yet sweet taste. Just one bite can give you the taste of multiple flavors melting into each other. You can use chopped pieces of chicken or the shredded chicken for this salad. You can add some more veggies and fruits to design it in your way.
For chicken salad with grapes and walnuts, add shredded (or chopped) chicken to the bowl, sliced and diced onion, celery, grapes, and parsley to the bowl. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice, and roasted walnuts. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix them all to combine.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to make the chicken salad with grapes and walnuts. Have a look at the similar video provided below down the recipe card. Try this salad and don’t forget to rate the recipe on the recipe card. Share this recipe, in case you want your friends or family to try this healthy salad.
Chicken Salad With Grapes And Walnut Recipe
- Pan or a pot
- Large Bowl
- 2 cups Shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2/3 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Grapes
- 1/2 cup Celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Koshar salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Onions
For Shredded Chicken
- Place chicken (or chicken breasts) in a wide pot or pan. Cover about an inch of chicken with cold water. Season the water with salt, parsley, onion, shallots, garlic, peppercorns, and lemon slices.
- Turn the heat to medium until it reaches a gentle simmer. Then, cover the pan and let the chicken simmer for 8-12 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks.
- Add sliced and diced onion, celery, parsley, and grapes to a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to the bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper along with roasted walnuts into the bowl. Mix it well.
- Add lemon juice and combine the mixture in the bowl.
- Your chicken salad with grapes and walnut is ready.
- If you want a mayo-free version of this salad, try sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You can also add fruits like dried apricots, chopped apples, or strawberries.
- You can also use chopped chicken into smaller pieces in the salad.