Add a fusion of taste to your normal chicken breast with this chicken roulade recipe. And today, I am going to show you how you can make it at your home.
Roulade is a french technique where food is rolled up. Due to this rolling technique, this recipe is filled with creamy and delicious flavours. In terms of looks, this recipe also is something that pleases your eyes as well. Anyone can make this fantastic chicken breast recipe at their home in just less than 30 minutes.
To make chicken roulade, sprinkle some salt and pepper on the chicken breast and saute minced garlic and spinach in oil. Put this spinach mixture over the chicken breast and roll it up. In another skillet, melt butter and add olive oil and cook chicken in it. Put this cooked chicken in the oven and bake it. Serve this chicken with a sauce made with garlic, flour, white wine and lemon juice.
I know that this cooking process sounds very interesing. But this was just an overview of the recipe. I have shared the complete recipe along with its cooking time and nutritional value below. But first, grab the ingredients that you need for this chicken delicacy.
Ingredients For Chicken Roulade
- 1lb Chicken Breast
- 1/2tsp Pepper
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Baby Spinach
- 2tsp Olive Oil
- 10 Asparagus
- 5tbsp Butter
- 1tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2tbsp Dry White Wine
- 1/2cup Chicken Broth
- 1tsp Lemon Juice
- 2tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2tbsp Drained Capers
You can easily find these ingredients in your kitchen or you can get them from nearby stores or online stores. Let’s proceed to the time that we need to invest in the cooking process of this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Chicken Roulade?
|Preparaion Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes|
You can make this super easy recipe in less than 30 minutes. Now let’s see the proper directions you need to follow in preparing this recipe.
Steps To Make Chicken Roulade
- Heat the oven to 430 degrees between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Place chicken and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a rolling pin’s flat side, sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
- Saute minced garlic and spinach in a large skillet in hot oil over medium heat.
- Transfer spinach to a plate.
- Spoon this mixture over each breast, then top with asparagus and roll-up.
- With 2 tbsp olive oil, melt butter in skillet and add chicken.
- Cook for few minutes, then transfer skillet to oven and bake at 430 for few minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
- Melt butter and add remaining garlic, whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine, cook and whisk in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and stir in Parsley.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a great way to make something special for your dinner. The wine sauce elevates the overall taste of this recipe.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chicken Roulade
We all know tha chicken is really nutritious for our body. That is why, I’ve added the nutrients present in this recipe below.
How To Make Chicken Roulade At Home | Video
I have added this video to all the important steps you need to follow to make this recipe at home. You can watch this video anytime whenever you want to make this recipe at home.
Give a try to this recipe at home and share your reviews in the comment section. If you have any questions related to the recipe, then do ask in the comment section. Till then, stay tuned for more amazing recipes and cooking ideas.