Add a fusion of taste to your regular chicken breast with this chicken roulade recipe. Today, I am going to show you how you can make it at home.
A roulade is a French technique where food is rolled up. Due to this technique, this recipe is filled with creamy and delicious flavors. In terms of looks, this recipe pleases your eyes as well. Anyone can make this fantastic chicken breast recipe at home in less than 30 minutes.
To make a chicken roulade, sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken breast. In a pan, saute minced garlic and spinach in oil. Put this spinach mixture over the chicken breast and roll it up. In another skillet, add butter and olive oil and cook chicken in it. Put the cooked chicken in the oven and bake it. Serve this chicken with a sauce made with garlic, flour, white wine, and lemon juice.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Rabo de Toro– This recipe actually comes from Roman times. Rabo de Toro was made after bullfights in Spain. This dish is especially popular in Madrid, Spain, where bullfighting takes place even in the present time.
2. Baked Whole Trout– Fish is a great food to constitute in your meals. Today, I will be sharing a recipe of baked whole trout that can be made at home easily.
3. Dry Brine Turkey– Dry brine is also known as salting. It means rubbing the turkey with salt and resting for 1-3 days and then roasting it. This is done to get a juicier turkey. Salt causes the meat to release moisture as the protein structure of the meat changes with salt.
4. Meatloaf With Oatmeal– Meatloaf with oatmeal is an easy and healthy recipe to make. The addition of oatmeal to the traditional meatloaf makes for a great revamp. It takes the same amount of time as the traditional meatloaf but it is just a bit better.
Chicken Roulade Recipe
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 5 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Baby Spinach
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 10 Asparagus
- 5 teaspoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Dry White Wine
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons drained Capers
- Preheat the oven to 430oF. Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten it to 1/4 inch thickness using a rolling pin's flat side. Sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and spinach to it and saute for some time.
- Transfer the cooked spinach to a plate.
- Spoon this mixture over each flattened breast. Then, top with asparagus and roll it up.
- With 2 tbsp olive oil, melt butter in a skillet. Add the rolled chicken to it.
- Cook each side for few minutes. Then place the skillet in the oven. Bake it at 430oF for few minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
- Melt butter and add remaining garlic, whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine, cook, and whisk in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and stir in parsley. Your chicken roulade is ready!