Have you ever thought to make Pie in which you can add Chicken? If yes, then you are a person who is similar to me. Today, I will share the Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with my personal experience.
But I know there are some people who have doubts regarding Chicken Pot Pie. I will start with the basic question What is Chicken Pot Pie?
It is a dish that is topped with crust and looks like a filled pastry. If we talk about North American people, they used to make Pot Pies with plant-based, poultry, beef, seafood fillings, and many more things.
After you heard about the crust and pie you must be thinking Is chicken Pot Pie healthy?
It is a regular pot pie that includes a variety of fillings like meat, vegetables, and gravy. As you can see our doctors always recommend such things to eat to remain healthy wealthy and wise.
Last but not the least question Why do they call it a pot pie? The name pot pie arrived from the aboard ships by C.A. Swanson company in 1951 and their company made the first frozen pot pie.
I learned the Chicken Pot Pie Recipe when I was doing a job in a restaurant in Mexico. Today after so many years, I thought to make it at home and what I found that I still remember the recipe. I thought to share those steps with my lovely chicken lovers over here.
But first, I’ve mentioned some other cherry pie recipes that I think you should definitely try at your home.
1. Sausage Pie– Sausage Pie is a vintage recipe that has a flaky crust, and a savory sausage cheese base. This easy sausage pie recipe is so easy to make and requires just a few ingredients.
2. Shoofly Pie– Shoofly Pie is a traditional pie in Pennsylvania Dutch since 1880s. People also call it as the cake baked in a pie shell. This richly flavored with molasses and a sweet and simple crumb topping, this decadent pie is a unique treat.
3. Meat Pie– These meat pies are delicious pastries filled with minced beef, pork, potato and onion. The pastry is slightly flaky and very rich in flavor, the filling is moist and very flavorful.
4. Farmhouse Cheddar Skillet Pie– Eggs and cheese make a perfect breakfast. But having them in the form of this farmhouse cheddar skillet pie can be really interesting. This recipe is partially made on flame and partially in the oven.
Ingredients For Chicken Pot Pie
|Diced Peeled Potatoes||2 Cups|
|Sliced Carrots||1-3/4 Cups|
|Cubed Butter||1 Cup|
|Chopped Onion||2/3 Cup|
|All-Purpose Flour||1 Cup|
|Dried Thyme||1 tsp|
|Chicken Broth||3 Cups|
|Whole Milk||1-1/2 Cups|
|Cubed Cooked Chicken||4 Cups|
|Frozen Peas||1 Cup|
|Frozen Corn||1 Cup|
|Sheets Of Pie Crust||4|
You will get all the ingredients from your nearby supermarket. Now you must be thinking about how much time it will take to make Chicken Pot Pie at home and to leave this tension of yours, I have mentioned the proper timings in the table below.
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|40 Mins||35 Mins||75 Mins|
This recipe is very easy to make. It is not confusing at all. You will understand all the directions clearly that I have mentioned below.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- At 425°, preheat the oven. In a large saucepan place the potatoes and carrots with water. Boil them until they tender.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and onion to tender.
- In the skillet stir flour with broth accordingly and then add milk. Boil for 5 minutes then add chicken, peas, corn, and potato mixture heat for some time.
- In a pie plate trim and add chicken mixture with flour mixture and seal the edges accordingly.
- For 40 minutes bake the pot pie or until it will turn light brown.
- Before you serve cool for some time.
Finally, Chicken Pot Pie is ready. Make it at your home and I bet that this will be your favourite pie.
Nutritional Facts Of Chicken Pot Pie
Here is the complete nutritional breakdown which will make you aware of its healthy nature because I know a healthy person always thinks of checking the nutritional breakdown of everything they eat.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie at Home | Video
Now, if you are trying this recipe for the first time at your home, then I really suggest you watch this video below, so that you can get a complete idea of the steps.
I hope you have liked this recipe. Please share your valuable feedback with us in the comments box below, we would love to hear from you people. Till then, stay tuned for more such amazing recipes.