Craving spicy recipes? We have got you covered. The Chicken Philly cheese steak is one such iconic recipe that is an instant hit. It’s spicy and homemade cheese steaks that will drive you crazy. Club three to four ingredients to make this recipe quickly. Drizzled with some southwest chipotle sauce and mayo on top, it is packed with flavors.
To give a treat to your taste buds, I have created a chicken philly cheese steak recipe for you all! First, prepare the filling with chicken and veggies seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika. Toast buns for the crisp texture. Now divide the chicken mixture equally between subs. Finally, spread mayonnaise, and voila! Chicken philly cheese steak is ready!
When making this sandwich, follow a few tips to make it more scrumptious. Saute veggies in a cast iron skillet to get charred skin on your veggies and meat. To enhance the juiciness of the sandwich, marinade the chicken pieces for half an hour to tenderize. Following these tips, you will make this chicken cheesesteak fiery!
Eating these chicken philly cheese steaks will give you the vibe of holiday. But I am sure, this one will satiate your taste buds. Follow these recipe steps to get started. Get equipment details from this article and also nutritional information. Don’t wait to bite them anymore!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chicken Philly Cheese Steak?
- Saute Pan – Saute crisp veggies and chicken in the saute pan.
- Spatula – Mix ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Knife – Cut veggies and chicken into thin slices with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chicken Philly Cheese Steak?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chicken Philly Cheese Steak?
- Chicken Breast – Cut chicken breast into thin slices to prepare chicken philly.
- Sandwich Subs – Divide the chicken mixture into the sandwich subs to make a sandwich.
- Green Pepper – Add green pepper for perfect crunch in the sandwich.
- Onion – Saute onions for fragrant and aromatic flavors in chicken philly.
- Mushrooms – Bring earthy flavors in chicken philly with mushrooms.
- Garlic – Garlic is added for bringing the fragrant to the recipe.
- Provolone Cheese – Get cheesy flavors in your chicken philly cheese steak.
- Oil – Saute veggies and chicken in oil to cook thoroughly.
- Mayonnaise – Spread mayonnaise on the subs to get a moist texture in your sandwiches.
- Paprika – Add a hint of spice with a pinch of paprika to the chicken and veggies mixture.
- Salt – Add salt to enhance the recipe flavors.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper for perfect seasoning to the recipe.
Steps To Make Chicken Philly Cheese Steak
1. Prepare Veggies & Chicken
Cut chicken breast into thin slices. Then slice onion, mushrooms, and green peppers into thin strands.
2. Sauté Veggies With Chicken
Heat oil in the skillet. Cook mushrooms, onions, and peppers for three to four minutes. Remove from heat. Now add chicken to the same skillet and cook well for about ten minutes. Add vegetables back to the skillet.
Put some garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika into the skillet and cook until fragrant. Top chicken and veggies with cheese. Close the lid to allow the cheese to melt thoroughly.
3. Assemble Chicken Philly
Toast subs and spread mayonnaise. Divide the chicken mixture between two buns. Chicken Philly steak is ready.
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||55 g|
How Will Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Look And Taste Like?
Chicken philly cheese steak is a delicious and comforting meal. A crunchy vegetable and cheese filling will bring out cheesy and delightful flavors. Above that, the paprika seasoning gives a spicy hint to the sandwich and makes it super hot. If your tastebuds are missing the real taste of the sub, give this stuffed chicken philly cheese steak a try.
Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Recipe
- 3/4 Ib Chicken Breast (thinly sliced)
- 2 Sandwich Subs
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 Oz Mushrooms
- 1 Garlic
- 4 oz Provolone Cheese
- 2 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper (a pinch)
- Cut chicken breast into slices. Cut mushrooms, onion, and green pepper into slices.
- Heat oil in the skillet and cook veggies. Once cooked, discard from the skillet.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for ten minutes. Then return the veggies.
- Season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for another three minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise on the subs. Place chicken and veggies mixture in the subs.
- Chicken Philly steaks are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is chicken Philly made of?
Chicken philly is made with tender chicken, onion, mushrooms, green peppers, and cheese
What’s the best cheese for Philly Cheesesteak?
Provolone cheese is the best cheese for philly cheesesteak.
Does Mayo go on a Philly cheese steak?
Yes! Mayo enhances the taste of philly cheese steak.
What is the secret to a good Philly cheese steak?
To make a good philly cheese steak, marinade the chicken for half an hour for a tender and juicy taste
Do you put ketchup on a chicken cheese steak?
You may or may not put ketchup on the chicken cheese steak. There are various other sauce options like chipotle sauce which taste better on the cheese steak.
We love to make this chicken philly cheese steak at home. Try this and let us know your feedback.