Paillard is a term used to describe thinly sliced or flattened lightly pounded meat so that it can be sautéed or grilled quickly. Nowadays a more common name used for paillard is a cutlet.
Paillards can be of chicken, veal, beef, turkey and pork. Traditionally they are cut from large pieces of meat but to get rid of the cutting process, most of the supermarkets have a variety of thin meat. Chicken Paillards are made from the breast of meat.
Having a fancy name does not mean it is difficult to make. But on the other hand, it is a super-easy meal for lunch or dinner. It is a healthy recipe and surely will be liked by the adults as well as the kids at your home.
The ingredients are easily available at every supermarket as no fancy ingredient is required. So, grab the items on the list.
Ingredients for Chicken Paillard
|Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast||6 ounce|
|Dry White Wine||⅓ cup|
|Small Shallot (chopped)||1|
|Extra-Virgin Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Garlic Cloves (crused)||1|
|Red Wine Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Extra-Virgin Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper (divided)||½ teaspoon|
|Arugula (trimmed)||4 cups|
|Cherry Tomatoes (halved)||8 ounces|
As we say, patience is the key to everything. It would be best if you had some patience to indulge in this delicacy.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||4 mins||15 mins||34 mins|
Now waiting more, let’s check out the directions you need to follow to make this Chicken Paillard at home.
Chicken Paillard Recipe
- Place the chicken breasts on some surface us and flatten it up to the thickness of ¼ inch with a heavy pan.
- Whisk wine, juice of 1 lemon, shallot, two teaspoons olive oil, and garlic together in a shallow bowl. Add chicken breasts; marinate for 15 minutes.
- For making the Salad, in another bowl, add the juice of lemon, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon zest. Now sprinkle half of the salt and black pepper. Add arugula and tomatoes and toss well till they combine.
- Preheat the grill or use a frying pan with a high flame. Sprinkle some oil to grease the frying pan.
- Take the marinated chicken and season it with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook chicken on the grill or pan, until its golden brown and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Plate chicken with arugula salad.
- For all the wine lover, it pairs well with a dry white wine. Enjoy with it.
- You can also use multi-coloured tomatoes to make your dish more colourful.
- If arugula is bitter, then you can replace it with romaine lettuce, spinach or spring mix.
Your tasty and delicious Chicken Paillard is ready. Your can enjoy it with your favourite wine or drink.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chicken Paillard
To check the nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in the Chicken Paillard, you can check the table below.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The amount is based on available nutrient data.
How to Make Chicken Paillard at Home | Video
For the ease of you all, I’ve added a recipe video below. After watching this video, you will understand each and every step of this recipe properly.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of Chicken Paillard. I highly recommend you to make this dish at your home and if you have any chicken recipes in your mind that you want to featured in thefoodxp blog, then do let me know. I’ll make sure it’ll be covered in the upcoming blogs.