Paillard is a term used to describe thinly sliced or flattened lightly pounded meat so that it can be sautéed or grilled quickly. Nowadays, a more common name used for paillard is a cutlet. Chicken paillard is a great and easy-to-make recipe.
Paillards can be made with chicken, veal, beef, turkey, and pork. Traditionally they are cut from large pieces of meat but to get rid of the cutting process, most of the supermarkets have a variety of thin meat. Chicken paillards are made from the breast of meat.
To make chicken paillards, flatten the chicken breasts. Marinate them in a mixture of wine, lemon, shallot, olive oil, and garlic for 15 minutes. Grease a grill pan. Season a chicken with salt and pepper and grill it in the pan. Put arugula and tomatoes in a bowl and add a dressing of lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon zest. Serve the grilled chicken with the salad.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken– The traditional way of cooking sesame chicken is cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces followed by deep-frying and then tossing the chicken pieces in sticky sauce.
2. Chicken Milanese– Chicken Milanese is one of the best chicken cutlets. You can easily make it in a short time. I asked my local Italian friend to teach me her recipe for the tasty chicken cutlets and she told me her Milanese chicken cutlet recipe.
3. Cast Iron Fried Chicken– This easy recipe for Southern fried chicken is the only one you’ll ever need. Anyone can make it at their home using the recipe that I’ve mentioned.
4. Myron Mixon Brisket– Myron Mixon is one of the most famous bbq pitmasters in the country today. Myron Mixon recipes are very popular among the online community, especially his ‘Power Cooking’ technique or as known for many as the ‘Hot and Fast Cooking’ technique for brisket.
Chicken Paillard Recipe
- 6 ounces Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Lemon
- 1 small Shallot (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Dry White Wine
- 2 teaspoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 8 ounces Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 4 Arugula (trimmed)
- 1 Lemon
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper (divided)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Place the chicken breasts on a flat surface us. Flatten them up to the thickness of ¼ inch with the help of a heavy pan.
- Whisk wine, juice of 1 lemon, shallot, two teaspoons olive oil, and garlic together in a shallow bowl. Add chicken breasts to it and marinate them for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the juice of lemon, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon zest and mix them. Now, sprinkle half of the salt and black pepper over it. Add arugula and tomatoes and toss well until they combine.
- Preheat the grill or use a frying pan with a high flame. Sprinkle some oil to grease the frying pan.
- Take the marinated chicken and season it with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook chicken on the grill or pan, until it's golden brown and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Plate chicken with arugula salad.