Chicken noodle soup is the comfort food for a lot of people, including me. You can eat it for its nutrition or for its taste. It is light, delicious and easy to make. This is another reason it is loved by so many people all around the world.
Chicken noodle soup is very special as it is very rich in protein and contains herbs and vegetables as well, thus being healthy and delicious at the same time. Even doctors advise taking this soup whenever someone is feeling under the weather.
For preparing chicken noodle soup, you need salt, chicken thighs, canola oil, pepper, garlic, onion, celery ribs, chicken broth, bay leaves, carrots, dry thyme, parsley, egg noodles, salt, pepper and lemon juice. To prepare it, cook the chicken with all the ingredients properly. Then, serve it hot!
If you feel that wasn’t enough information to explain you about the recipe, don’t worry. You’ll find the detailed recipe when you scroll down. But first, you need to gather all the ingredients with the required proportions. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Texas Black Bean Soup– This chunky homemade wholesome Texas black bean soup can simmer all day in your slow cooker. Made with canned items, it’s a healthy but effortless family meal.
2. Potato Leek Soup– This soup recipe is a french delight and has got its popularity worldwide due to its unique taste and ingredients used. Those golden potatoes, along with green leeks and chicken broth infused and cooked together, just make this soup more tempting.
3. Mulligatawny Soup– The word mulligatawny in Tamil means chili, pepper and water. This together makes it a recipe which we commonly know as soup.
4. Gazpacho Soup– Spanish recipes are known for their spicy and fresh ingredients that add to their dishes’ taste. This classic gazpacho soup recipe comprises various healthy ingredients including fresh tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Pound Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Onion
- 4 Celery Ribs
- 10 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Carrots
- ¼ tsp Dry Thyme
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 3 Cup Egg Noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Start by drying the chicken. Then, put pepper and salt on it.
- In a pot, put some oil and keep it over medium flame. Add the chicken to it and cook it for about 4-5 minutes. Now, take out the chicken from the pan.
- To the same pan, add onions and stir them over medium heat for almost 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook it. Then, add broth and stir it.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Then, add carrots, celery, thyme, bay leaves and lower the flame. Cover and cook the chicken for about 30 minutes until tender.
- Now put the chicken into a plate and remove the soup from heat. Going forward, put the noodles in the soup. Let them be still and covered for about 25 minutes.
- Finally, separate the chicken from the bones and shred it into small pieces.
- Put back the shredded chicken into the pot. Stir it and add lemon juice and parsley.
- At last, add the seasoning. Take out the bay leaves and then serve it.