While talking about chicken, many recipes come into our minds. We always find that chicken is the most versatile ingredient that can be prepared using various techniques and has a unique property of absorbing any flavor that we choose. I mean you try any chicken in any part of the world, you will like how it absorbs and gives you that juicy flavor all the time. This is what makes this chicken so special and so delicious.
Talking about chicken today, I have another Indian recipe that has chicken as its primary ingredient. The dish is called chicken korma. Yes! That chicken korma has a richness of dry fruits and some unique and healthy spices and herbs that make it an authentic south Asian preparation.
Chicken korma is a kind of preparation in which yogurt or curd plays an important role. Without yogurt, this recipe is not possible as it helps to tender and marinate the chicken at the same time. Talking about its history, so this recipe was brought to India by Mughals from Central Asia. Mughals were very keen on eating rich food and always included dry fruits and nuts in their diet. So, here’s what chicken korma comes into play.
This chicken korma is considered as one of the oldest chicken recipes. Today, in the Indian region, this recipe has the title of one of the best and rare recipes that is made, only when there is something grand or any special occasion in the house. We always dreamt of this korma when we were kids and wished for some special occasion to come so that we could have a bite of it.
But this is not the case today. I will tell you how to make this chicken korma at home without waiting for anyone to make it for you. So, are you guys ready? Let’s start and know what this chicken korma tastes like.
Ingredients for Chicken Korma
|Raw Almonds||12-15 pc.|
|Green cardamom pods||2-3 Pc.|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 inch|
|Whole cloves||2-3 pc|
|Bay leaf||1 pc.|
|Ground coriander||1 tsp.|
|Shredded coconut||1 ½ tsp.|
|Chopped cilantro||To garnish|
|Vegetable oil||1 ½ tsp.|
|Garam masala||1 tsp.|
|Red chili minced||½ pc.|
|Boneless chicken thighs||1 ½ pc.|
|Plain yogurt||2 tsp.|
|Ground turmeric||½ tsp.|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 ½ tsp.|
|Cayenne Pepper||1 tsp.|
The list of ingredients is ready. Now all you have to do is move fast into your kitchen and prepare for this Authentic chicken korma.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||45 Minutes||55 Minutes|
The timings show that this recipe is not going to take much of your time. This side of the recipe is in our favor. A recipe that is so delicious and takes less than 1 hour is always a treat.
So guys, what are we waiting for then? Let’s jump straight to the chicken korma recipe and see how this variety of chicken got so popular and why is it so delicious and tempting?
Chicken Korma Recipe
- First, we will marinate the chicken and apply some oil and garam masala, salt, curry powder (optional) and some yogurt. Keep it aside for about 2 hours or overnight as you wish.
- In a skillet, add some oil and saute the chicken on both of its sides. It will take you around 5-6 minutes.
- Now with a help of a blender food processor, blend the almonds, onions and garlic along with 1 cup of water. Make a fine paste out of it.
- Now, in a large saucepan add some oil and saute the almond paste that you made. Cook it for about 2-3 minutes such that all its rawness is over and gives a good aroma. Stir it continuously and see if its color changes to dark.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, coconut milk, almonds, red chili, and spices to this paste and cook them along. Stir it well.
- Now, keeping the heat on low, add the chicken into the pan and cook it for about 30 minutes along with the sauce that was already cooking. Check the consistency of the sauce and add more water if you want. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and fresh cream.
Your delicious and yummy chicken korma is ready. Enjoy this exceptional dish with your family on weekends and have a great time together.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chicken Korma
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is done below in the table. Have a look and see the exact values of all the elements that this recipe carries.
How to Make Chicken Korma at Home | Video
Here is a video that you should watch to know more about this recipe. It will help you to make this chicken korma without any trouble.
I hope you will like this Chicken Korma recipe and will try it at your home. Please tell us your experiences and taste of this recipe in the comments section below. We would like to see your valuable comments. Till then, stay safe and keep cooking.