India is a country known for its variety of street food. Each and every city has its own street food with some local twist in it. And I am a very big fan of Indian street food. I’ve almost visited every city of India and I don’t think that there is any Indian street food that I’ve missed.
Out of all the street food items that I’ve tasted, my favourite one till now is the Chicken Kathi Rolls. Chicken Kathi Roll is a delicious street food that has chicken cooked in a different type of spices and vegetable, rolled in Roti. You can this delicious food with tomato ketchup or any kind of chutney.
In many parts of India, Chicken Kathi Rolls are also known as roadside Chicken Wrap or Chicken Frankie. These Chicken Kathi Rolls can calm you on a hard day and make your last day exciting and energetic. The Chicken Kathi Rolls recipe is very easy to make and anyone can make it for their lunch or dinner.
So without waiting more, let’s check out the Chicken Kathi Rolls recipe and give your taste buds a worthy spicy experience.
Ingredients for Chicken Kathi Rolls Recipe
|Boneless chicken breast||250 gm|
|Red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|Lemon juice||2 tsp|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||¼ tsp|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1.5 tbsp|
|Chopped green chillies||4 units|
|Cake flour||1 cup|
|Wheat flour||¼ cup|
|Sfaed vinegar dipped onions(dip onion in it for 2 hours)||1 unit|
|Chat masala||To sprinkle|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Marinating the chicken||Preparing egg and roti||Cooking chicken and filling||Total|
|35 minutes||50 minutes||45 minutes||2 hour 10 minutes|
Chicken Kathi Rolls Recipe | Chicken Frankie
Preparation of Chicken Filling
- Finely chop chicken breast. Add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix and keep it aside for around 20-25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes take a pre-heated pan and add 1 tbsp oil to it. Heat it and add 2 tsp chopped garlic and roast it.
- Now add marinated chicken and fry it till slight brown colour (it will take about 2-3 minutes) after then add ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and ¼ tsp garam masala and mix all.
- Now add 1 tbsp coriander leaves and 1-2 chopped green chillies. Mix all empty the cooked contents in a bowl sprinkle some chaat masala and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Preparation of Roti and Egg
- First, make two maida rotis. Take a bowl to add 1 cup cake flour, ¼ cup wheat flour, some salt and oil. Mix it to the dough and make two rotis.
- Now in a bowl beat, two eggs add ¼ tsp salt, ½ tbsp coriander leaves and 1-2 finely chopped green chillies.
- Now on a flat pre-heated pan add 1 tbsp oil. Heat it and put egg batter on it on top of it put a cooked roti.
- Oil the top of roti and cook from both sides and place it in a plate.
Final Preparation for Chicken Kathi Rolls
- Place made chicken on the roti with egg.
- Finely chop sfaed vinegar dipped onion and spread it on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle chat masala, roll and serve hot with pudina chutney.
Nutritional Information of Chicken Kathi Rolls Recipe