Chicken hekka is a Hawaii dish that is made locally. It is a dish that is made with chicken, vegetables, and rice noodles seasoned with soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, and chicken broth.
Chicken hekka is a great and simple dish. It is made with rice noodles instead of flour noodles. It also has vegetables and different sauces. You can make these delicious noodles for dinner in just half an hour.
To make chicken hekka, slice chicken into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Add sugar, soy sauce, and mirin to it and mix. Then, heat oil in a pan and add ginger, chicken, and soy sauce to it. Add carrots, mushrooms, onions, bamboo, and watercress to the pan. Lastly, add rice noodles to it and cook for some time.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Garlic Broccoli and Chicken Pasta– This pasta recipe is quick and easy to make. It gives a perfect flavor of garlic with the richness of creamy parmesan sauce. Unlike other creamy kinds of pasta, this combination of chicken breasts combined with broccoli and pasta is not heavy at all.
2. Tarragon Chicken– This tarragon chicken recipe is not only easy but full of flavor. Perfectly seared chicken breast surrounded by a creamy tarragon mustard sauce. An easy weeknight one skillet chicken dinner.
3. Tangerine Chicken– Add an Asian flavor to your dinner tonight! Serve this tangy chicken, mushrooms, and broccoli over rice – that’s ready in 20 minutes.
4. Chicken Breast– Forget dry chicken with our juicy oven-baked chicken breast recipe! deliciously seasoned before being cooked in the oven until golden with mouthwatering crisp edges
Chicken Hekka Recipe
- 1 ½ pound Boneless Chicken Breasts (skinless)
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Soy Sauce
- ¾ cup Mirin/ Japanese Sweet Wine
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- 3 Carrots (julienned)
- 2 Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 14-ounce can Bamboo
- ½ pound Mushrooms (drained, sliced)
- 1 cup Watercress (trimmed, chopped)
- 1 8-ounce package Rice Noodles (soaked, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and put them in a bowl. Add sugar, soy sauce, and mirin to it. Mix it well and keep it aside.
- Take a skillet and heat oil in it over medium flame. Extract the juice from the grated ginger by squeezing the ginger in the skillet. Add this grated ginger in the skillet and stir it till it turns brown.
- Strain out the ginger from the oil. Now, increase the flame to high and add chicken. Pour soy sauce over the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, onions, bamboo and watercress to the skillet one by one. Make sure you stir it after each addition.
- Lastly, add rice noodles and cook for 3 more minutes until you can smell the aroma.
- Serve hot.