A perfect dinner is surely needed by everyone at the end of a tiring day. The recipe I am sharing will fulfill this need. The recipe is for chicken fried steak and gravy.
This recipe is a golden perfection served with milk-based gravy. The thinner the steak slices will be, the faster it gets cooked. By the time your steak turns golden, it will be cooked evenly. If you want to add a kick of flavor to the recipe, I will suggest you add tabasco sauce to the egg mixture. It will enhance the flavor of the steak.
Chicken fried steak and gravy is prepared by dipping the steaks in flour and then in whisked eggs along with milk. Cook this in a heavy skillet until they turn golden brown. Prepare the gravy by cooking flour, salt and pepper in oil. Cook until smooth and golden brown. Gradually pour water and milk into it. Bring it to a boil until it gets thick. Serve with steak.
You must be thinking this is all you need to know to prepare the recipe. But, this is just a brief description and more details regarding the number of ingredients and steps are given below. Follow them precisely to get the best outcome. But first, collect the ingredients and for that, a list is given.
Ingredients For Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk (divided)
- 4 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup water
The ingredients you need for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you want from the supermarket. Also take a look at the time required to make this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
In only 30 minutes, you will be able to enjoy his delicious meal. Let’s see how to begin with the cooking of this meal.
Steps To Make Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy
- Take a shallow bowl and add 1 cup flour to it. In another bowl, whisk eggs with ½ cup milk—season steaks with salt and pepper. Coat the steak from both sides with flour. Now, dip it in an egg mixture and coat it again with flour.
- Take a heavy skillet or cast-iron skillet and heat ¼ inch of oil in it over medium flame. Add steaks in it and cook it until it’s golden brown and read 160 degrees temperature. This may take 4-6 minutes on each side. Drain them on paper towels and keep them warm.
- Now, strain out the oil from the pan and leave behind 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the remaining ¼ cup flour to it with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix them well in order to make a smooth mixture. Cook this over medium flame until it turns golden brown. This may take 3-4 minutes. Whisk water into this mixture gradually and pour in the remaining milk. Bring it to a boil with constant stirring. Cook till it gets thick.
- Serve with hot steaks.
Garnish with parsley.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy
Check out the nutritional composition of this recipe.
How To Make Chicken-Fried Steak and Gravy At Home | Video
You will surely love this recipe even if you are not fond of turkey. Also watch the video with a similar recipe thatI have uploaded to help you know more details.
In case you have any query, do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section below. I will try to help you with my best knowledge. You can also suggest me some recipe to share with you. This will be a great idea to help you with what you want. Bon Appetite!