Chicken Fiesta is one of my favorite chicken recipes. The reason why it is my favorite recipe is that it is easy to make. It is also very healthy as it contains chicken and vegetables.
This chicken fiesta is a delight for the tastebuds as it combines many fresh ingredients like chicken breast, onion, tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, chilies, and many others to make a perfect chicken dish.
To make a chicken fiesta, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pan and cook the chicken in it. Then, heat oil in another pan and cook onions and red bell peppers in it. Add seasoning, spices, and broth to it. Cover it with a lid and cook for some time. Then, add the cooked chicken and cook it for some time. Garnish it with cilantro and serve.
You can also use Vidalia onion or any of its substitutes in the recipe. This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other recipes that you might like, do check them out below!
1. Dry Brine Turkey– Dry brine is also known as salting. It means rubbing the turkey with salt and resting for 1-3 days and then roasting it. This is done to get a juicier turkey. Salt causes the meat to release moisture as the protein structure of the meat changes with salt.
2. Chicken Milanese– Chicken Milanese is one of the best chicken cutlets. You can easily make it in a short time. I asked my local Italian friend to teach me her recipe for the tasty chicken cutlets and she told me her Milanese chicken cutlet recipe.
3. Baked Split Chicken Breast– The recipe is very famous for its wide variety of natural ingredients. Those ingredients have various health benefits and cure many problems.
4. Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– These lemon-pepper wings are perfect for game day. Try these out if you’ve been stuck in a chicken wing rut. Add grated lemon zest to the butter mixture if you want a more pronounced lemon flavor.
Chicken Fiesta Recipe
- 2 Chicken Breast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- ½ cup Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 15 ounces Tomatoes (diced)
- 4 ounces Green Chilies (diced)
- 15 ounces Whole Kernel Corn
- 15 ounces Black Beans
- 1 cup Long-Grain White Rice
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dried Ground Cumin
- Salt (for taste)
- Black Pepper (for taste)
- Take the chicken in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and put the seasoned chicken pieces in it. Cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Put the cooked chicken pieces on a plate separately. Cover the pieces with foil and set it aside.
- In another pan, heat some oil and add onions and red bell pepper to it. Cook the for 5 minutes.
- Then, add chicken broth to it and stir continuously for around 5 minutes,
- Now, add ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, taco seasoning, cumin, tomatoes, corn, chilies, rice and black beans to it. Cook it for about 15 minutes with a lid.
- After that, remove the lid and add the seasoned chicken pieces to it.
- Cook it for about 10 minutes until the rice and chicken is cooked perfectly.
- Sprinkle cilantro over it and serve!