I was craving to eat chicken one day, but not the normal one. I went to my father and asked him about the recipe he knows about the chicken. Most of the recipes were the ones that I have eaten but my father said one thing that is very interesting.
He shared a beautiful story related to Chicken Chickpea Stew Recipe. He said when he was young his grandmother use to make this at home and his grandmother was from Lahore (now in Pakistan) and she made this dish for him and Chicken Chickpea Stew Recipe is actually a fusion of Pakistani and Punjabi cuisines to make a wondrous dish.
It was a very interesting fact for me and I requested my father to make Chicken Chickpea Stew at home and it was very delicious and tasty. I thought I should share the Chicken Chickpea Stew Recipe with my lovely chicken lovers.
Come let’s see how to make it.
Ingredients for Chicken Chickpea Stew Recipe
|Cassia (tej patta)||1 leaf|
|Chopped onion||1 unit|
|Boneless chicken||200 gm|
|Water||Enough to boil vegetables|
|Broccoli leaves||50 gm|
|Boiled White chickpeas (Kabuli chana)||100 gm|
|Sliced potatoes||100 gm|
|Tomato puree||4 tbsp|
Chicken Chickpea Stew Recipe
- Put butter and oil in a pre-heated pan and heat it. Put cassia and onion in it. Cook it for a while then add chicken to it. Cook it for 20 minutes.
- In another pan heat two cups of water and boil broccoli leaves. Take them out and dip them once in cold water. Repeat the above process with carrots.
- Now place both boiled broccoli and carrots in a bowl. In the above-cooked chicken add boiled white chickpeas, salt, and tomato puree. Also, add boiled vegetables.
- Stir the mixture and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Put chicken thighs back in the sauté pan and ladle sauce over them. Cover the pot, vented on one side, and let the stew simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to simmer for 15 more minutes till the liquid reduces and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove cooked chicken thighs from the sauce. Remove the skin and discard it.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp chopped cilantro. Serve Chicken Chickpea Stew.
Note: Serve it with Jeera Rice
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 MINS||45 MINS||85 MINS|
Nutritional Facts Of Chicken Chickpea Stew Recipe