I am here with the cherry sours candy recipe. After hearing this thing, you must be excited to recall your childhood days. Today, I will help you recall the good ol’ days with this recipe.
Last week, I went to Uncle Tony’s Shop and what I saw is he is still selling those candies. With a puppy face, I asked Uncle Tony about the Cherry Sours Candy Recipe and he gave it to me. It occurred to me that I can make this recipe on my own at home. After a lot of research, here I am with the recipe for cherry sours candy.
To make the cherry sours candy recipe, heat the apple juice and golden corn syrup until thick. Add a pack of jello, Koolaid and gelatin to a small bowl and later add the syrup to it. Cover the aluminum tray with saran wrap. Pour the mixture on the wrap and let it sit for 5 hours. Remove the saran wrap and you can cut the cherry sours candy in any shape you like.
But first, let’s check out other candy recipes that you might also like.
1. Watermelon Rind Candy– Have you ever thought of making something from the peel of watermelon? I don’t think you might have, as most of the people think it is a waste. You can make these wonderful watermelon rind candies at your home using just watermelon peels.
2. Butterscotch Candy– Butterscotch candies is cooked sugar made with brown sugar by boiling brown sugar and butter or corn syrup in water. These candies are really delicious and you probably cannot stop yourself from devouring them.
3. Lemon Drop Candy– What was your favorite candy as a kid? Well, mine was the lemon drop candy. I loved them so much that I used to have them almost every day. Today, I will share the recipe for lemon drop candy with you.
4. Tamarind Candy– This tamarind candy recipe is actually very easy and you will need very few ingredients to complete this recipe. This recipe will take you back to your childhood days.
Ingredients For Cherry Sours Candy
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Golden Corn Syrup
- 1 pack of Jello
- 1 pack of Koolaid
- 1 box of Gelatin
- 1 tablespoon Citric Acid
- Saran Wrap
You will all the ingredients from the nearby supermarket. Most of the people think to make Candies at home will take a lot of their time. Well, this is not true. I have mentioned the table below from where you will come to know the proper timings which show how less time you have to invest.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Cherry Sours Candy?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||10 Minutes||30 Minutes|
Now, we are going to the step for that we are here. Yes, it is the directions for the Cherry Sours Candies. I am sure you will like it.
Steps To Make Cherry Sours Candy
- In a saucepan, heat the apple juice and golden corn syrup over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick.
- In a small bowl, add dry ingredients and mix them properly.
- Wrap the aluminum tray with Swarn Wrap.
- In a bowl, add the apple corn mixture and mix with dry ingredients. Heat the mixture on the pot so that gelatin dissolves for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a tray and leave for 5 hours at room temperature.
- After the mixture is set, before you cut the jelly, remove the saran wrap.
- Cut the jelly in different shapes according to you and coat them in a sugar and citric acid mixture.
Finally, Cherry Sours Candy is ready. You can store them in an airtight container and have them whenever you want.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Cherry Sours Candy
Here is the nutritional breakdown of these Candies from which you can figure out how much workout you have to do after eating those.
How To Make Cherry Sours Candy at Home | Video
I know there are people who must be thinking that making candies at home must be hard. So, I have mentioned a similar video in which you will come to learn about Sugar-Free Cherry Sours Candy at home.
Hope you’ve liked this recipe. If there is any food that has a special connection with your childhood, do mention it in the comments below. I will make sure that it will get covered in thefoodxp blog.