You love Manhattan’s but sometimes, you want something a little different right? That’s where cherry Manhattan comes in—a delicious drink that combines the best of two worlds.
Mix all the wet ingredients in a cocktail shaker to make this tangy and delicious cocktail. Pour it over ice and serve. Top with sliced cherries and garnish with orange peel.
We recommend using fresh cherries, which will make a big difference in flavor. If you can’t find fresh cherries, you can use frozen cherries, but make sure to thaw them before using them.
Use good quality cherry liqueur. Luxardo Maraschino liqueur is my favorite, but there are other good options.
Garnish your drink with a cherry and an orange peel. It will not only look pretty, but it will also add another layer of flavor.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy your cherry Manhattan! Cheers!
How can I make one? No problem, and we’re here to walk you through it step by step. So gather your ingredients, and let’s get started!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cherry Manhattan?
- Cocktail Shaker – Stir the ingredients in a shaker and let them sit for a minute or two so the flavors can marry.
- Martini Glass – Pour the girlish drink into the rimmed glass.
- Toothpick – Take a cherry, skewer it with a toothpick, and run it around the rim of your cocktail glass until the cherry juice coats the edge.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cherry Manhattan?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cherry Manhattan?
- Bourbon – Any good bourbon will do, but we recommend something with a bit of smokiness to it.
- Sweet Vermouth – We recommend using a ruby port vermouth for this recipe for its fruity notes.
- Dry Vermouth – Dry vermouths will add a floral, herbal, and fruity note with a bracingly dry finish to the mocktail.
- Cherry Liqueur – Maraschino liqueur will lend a bitter-dry flavor with the sourness of cherry.
- Orange Peels – This not only looks pretty, but it also adds another layer of flavor.
- Maraschino Cherry – Add the finishing touches to your drink by skewing the cherries.
- Ice Cubes – I have poured the drink over the crushed ice so that the cocktail blends and cools rapidly, giving it a smooth texture in seconds.
Steps To Make Cherry Manhattan
1. Layer Flavors To Create The Perfect Manhattan
When mixing a Manhattan, it’s important to remember that layers of flavor are essential. You don’t want everything to be cloyingly sweet or overpowering.
Start with bourbon. Any good bourbon will do, but we recommend something with a bit of smokiness to it. Next, add a touch of sweet vermouth to a cocktail shaker.
Add one teaspoon of cherry liqueur, and finally, add stemmed cherries. Stir and let it sit for a minute or two so the flavors can marry.
2. The Finishing Touch For Your Cherry Manhattan
The final step is to add the finishing touches to your drink. First, take a cherry and skewer it with a toothpick.
Then, run the skewer around the rim of your glass so that the cherry juice coats the edge. Next, it’s time to add the cherry to your drink.
You can drop it or leave it on the skewer as a garnish. And that’s it! Your perfect cherry Manhattan is now ready to enjoy.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin C||10.1 mg|
How Will Cherry Manhattan Look And Taste Like?
The key to perfect Cherry Manhattan lies in the sweet and red vermouth, which balances out the tartness of bourbon.
A splash of cherry liqueur adds depth, and a glowing maraschino cherry is a typical garnish.
The result of this hearty mocktail is tangy. This smooth beverage is strong enough for an adult, especially for a girly drinker like me.
Cherry Manhattan Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini glass
- 1 ½ ounces Bourbon
- ½ ounce Sweet Vermouth
- ¼ ounce Dry Vermouth
- 1 teaspoon Cherry Liqueur
- 2 dashes Orange Peels
- 2 Maraschino Cherries
- Ice Cubes
- Start with bourbon. Any good bourbon will do, but we recommend something with a bit of smokiness to it.
- Next, add a touch of sweet vermouth. Finally, add the cherries.
- Stir and let it sit for a minute or two so the flavors can marry. Then, pour it over ice and enjoy!
- The final step is to add the finishing touches to your drink.
- First, take a cherry and skewer it with a toothpick. Then, run the skewer around the rim of your glass so that the cherry juice coats the edge.
- Next, it’s time to add the cherry to your drink. You can drop it or leave it on the skewer as a garnish.
- And that’s it! Your perfect cherry Manhattan is now ready to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to serve cherry Manhattan?
Now that your Cherry Manhattan is all mixed up, it’s time to pour it into a glass and enjoy! I like to garnish mine with a cherry or two, but you could also use a twist of orange peel.
If you’re feeling extra fancy, you could even rim the glass with sugar or chocolate. And if you want to impress your guests, serve it in a martini glass.
What kind of cherry is used for Manhattan?
A Manhattan mocktail has only three ingredients. We generally use maraschino cherry for garnishing, but you can upgrade it.
What is Perfect Manhattan made of?
The Perfect Manhattan is easy to whip up for any occasion. Mix the dry and sweet vermouth with bitters in a shaker. Mix, stir, strain, pour, and garnish.
Is Manhattan whiskey or bourbon?
Manhattan is generally made with rye whiskey, which is spicy contrary to the vermouth’s sweetness, but you can also use bourbon to significant effect.
With a little effort, you can make a delicious, sophisticated Cherry Manhattan cocktail that will impress your friends and family. So why not give it a try?
If you liked this recipe, hit the like button, and don’t forget to share your experience with us.