Talking about the meat, the most tricky part while cooking the meat is to cook it perfectly. This perfection means cooking it to medium-rare. Ribs are the most crucial part of the meat to be cooked. They are not only expensive but difficult to cook with the perfect texture and tenderness. It is advised that people who love eating properly cooked meat should avoid cooking ribs as they have to be cooked neither too tender not too hard. Cooking the ribs properly will make them dry.
The recipe I am sharing with you all is of the Prime Ribs by Chef John. He is an American Chef who publishes cooking videos on his blog and Youtube channel named Food Wishes. Now, coming back to the recipe, Chef John’s formula is a formula to cook the ribs with a perfect pink with medium-rare shade.
To cook as per this method, Chef John says it’s a must to have a modern, full-size oven with digital temperature settings to make us aware of when the oven is preheated. So arrange it beforehand to continue with the recipe.
Let’s get going and collect the ingredients to get started. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Contest Winning Barbecued Pork Chops– The Barbecued Pork Chops are not only delicious but are also spectacular when combined with a beautiful glaze. The flavors these chops have are a perfect combination of sweetness and saltiness.
2. Baby Meatloaf– The recipe of Baby Meatloaf is the widely accepted, loved and the most cooked recipe in most parts of the world. This recipe has its separate lover’s base because it keeps everyone happy with its taste and flavors that it contains.
3. Grilled Lamb Steak– If you love red meat, then Lamb Steak would surely be your favourite. I simply love it. Lamb meat has impressive nutrition and is perhaps the healthiest commonly available meat.
4. Smoked Canadian Bacon– Canadian bacon is the American name for a form of bacon that is smoked and fully cooked, trimmed into cylindrical and thickly sliced.”Canadian” bacon is made only from the lean eye of the loin and is ready to eat.
Ingredients for Chef John’s Prime Rib
|Prime Rib Roast||4 pounds|
|Unsalted Butter||¼ cup softened|
|Black Pepper||1 tablespoon freshly grounded|
|Herbes de Provence||1 teaspoon|
|Kosher Salt||To taste|
The ingredients are easy to fetch from any supermarket. Before cooking it up, let’s see how much time it will take to cook it up.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||2 Hour 20 minutes||4 hours||6 Hours 30 minutes|
Note- If you have any confusion related to the ribs’ size and the cooking time, then multiply the weight of the ribs by 5. The number you get, make a round figure of that to its nearest number. Cook the ribs at 500 degrees F for precisely the calculated number of minutes.
For Example– If the ribs weigh 8 pounds, then 8×5=40, so you have to cook the ribs for 40 minutes. Rest follow the same process mentioned above.
Cooking meat is an art. No doubt the recipe will be time consuming but it will also be worth all the effort and wait. The happiness of achieving a perfect texture of the meat will be to no limit. It will make you forget all the wait. Follow the instructions below properly to get the best results.
Chef John’s Prime Rib Recipe
- Take a plate and place rib roast on it. Keep it aside for 4 hours to bring it to room temperature.
- Till then, set the oven on pre-heat mode to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Take a bowl, add pepper, herbes de provence and butter to it. Mix them well. Spread this mixture over the rib roast. Sprinkle some salt on it.
- Roast the ribs for 20 minutes in the oven. Once done, leave it in the oven only for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, it is ready to be served.
All you have to do is just cut it into thin slices and serve. But be very careful while cooking. This recipe is not complicated; it just needs more attention while preparing it. This recipe will make a good combination with Burgundy sauce.
Nutritional Breakdown of Prime Rib
We all know that meat is very good for our health s it contains some very vital nutrients. That’s why I’ve added the breakdown of nutrients of these ribs below.
How to Make Prime Ribs by Chef John’s at Home | Video
If you are having any trouble while making the dish? Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded the video of the steps involved in this recipe, so watch it and cook it as per it.
After trying the recipe, do share your reviews in the comment section. For those who are having a query related to the recipe, feel free to ask your questions in the comment section. I will revert you with the best possible solution. Enjoy your meal.