The Cheesecake Factory shrimp scampi is not a regular shrimp scampi. It’s a cool shrimp scampi (get the Mean Girls reference?). The shrimp scampi is made with fried, breaded shrimp, a delicious cream sauce, and angel hair pasta. Tempted enough? Top the shrimp scampi with some grated parmesan and basil to make it completely irresistible.
This recipe is very easy to make and is very fulfilling. Just cook the angel hair, fry some shrimp and simmer some sauce. The shrimp breading also has parmesan in it. The cream sauce has cream, wine, onions, tomatoes, garlic, and basil. So, it is smooth and goes great with parmesan shrimp. The angel hair has the perfect thickness for this recipe as the pasta noodles are slurpy and delicate.
The best part? You don’t need to be holed up in the kitchen for hours to make this dish. Just forty-five minutes, including prep and cooking time, and this delish dish, is ready. Want the recipe for this shrimp scampi? Well, here’s the recipe for the Cheesecake Factory shrimp scampi. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Cheesecake Factory copycat recipes from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory Spicy Cashew Chicken – Cheesecake Factory spicy cashew chicken has fried chicken loaded with soy-sherry sauce, cashew, and scallions. It’s topped with chopped green onions. The soy-sherry sauce is a mixture of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry wine, red wine vinegar, chili flakes, etc. You can enjoy this dish with rice.
2. Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake – Cheesecake Factory Oreo cheesecake is a fluffy and sweet dessert. This cheesecake has a crispy crust of Oreo cookie crumbs. The filling is a combination of cream cheese, all-purpose flour, sugar, and eggs.
3. Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira – Cheesecake Factory chicken Madeira has juicy tender chicken bites. This dish has creamy Madeira sauce, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. It’s topped with blanched asparagus and is severed with a side dish of your choice.
4. Cheesecake Factory Strawberry Shortcake – Cheesecake Factory strawberry shortcake has shortcake biscuits, sugar strawberries and it’s topped with vanilla ice cream. This dessert is served with a scoop of whipped cream. You can enjoy this dessert with any meal.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi?
- Large Pot – Cook your angel hair pasta in a large pot.
- Colander – Then, drain the delicate pasta in a colander.
- Small Bowl – Mix the baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Shallow Dish – Make the parmesan breading in a shallow dish so that you can easily coat the shrimp.
- Large Saucepan – Cook the shrimp in a large saucepan and then make the sauce in the same saucepan as well.
- Paper Towels – Drain the oil from the fried shrimp on paper towels.
- Wooden Spoon and Tongs – Stir the sauce with a wooden spoon and use the tongs to flip the shrimp.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi?
- Angel Hair Pasta – Cook your angel hair pasta to make the shrimp scampi. The delicate pasta is perfect with cream sauce and fried shrimp.
- Shrimp – The shrimp should be deveined, peeled, and butterflied. You have to cook the grey shrimp until it is pink.
- Baking Soda and Salt – Coat the shrimp with baking soda and salt and then chill it for 15 minutes.
For The Breading
- Panko Breadcrumbs – The breadcrumbs make the breading for the shrimp.
- Parmesan – Make the breading cheesy by adding some parmesan.
- Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper – Add a little bit of spice with some black pepper and cayenne pepper.
For The Cream Sauce
- Olive Oil – Fry the shrimp in some oil and then use the remaining oil for the sauce.
- White Wine – Reduce the wine along with some garlic. This adds flavor and depth to the sauce.
- Garlic – Add garlicky aroma and taste to the sauce by adding some peeled garlic cloves to it.
- Heavy Cream – Make the sauce creamy by adding some heavy cream to it.
- Red Onion – Add a sharp taste to the sauce with some diced onions.
- Tomato – Top the sauce with some diced tomatoes. T
- Fresh Basil – Add some basil to the sauce and save some to garnish the shrimp scampi.
Steps To Make The Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi
1. Let’s Go Shrimping
Let’s get the shrimp ready! In a small bowl, mix baking soda and salt and coat the shrimp with it. Then, chill the shrimp for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and keep it aside.
Now, take a shallow bowl and add breadcrumbs, parmesan, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. This is your beautiful breading. Mix them and then cover the shrimp in this breading. Press the shrimp firmly so that the breading really sticks to it. After that, pour olive oil into a large skillet and cook the shrimp in it for 5 minutes, cooking each side for 2-3 minutes. Then, take it out on paper towels.
2. Something Creamy
To the same saucepan with the olive oil, add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic cloves to it. Then, simmer it for 8-10 minutes so that the wine reduces.
Once it has considerably reduced, pour the heavy cream into it and add the onions as well. Stir this mixture and simmer for 7-8 minutes. We want the sauce to be thick. Then, mix in the tomatoes and basil and season with salt and pepper. Mix it well and your cream sauce is ready.
3. Serving Time
Transfer and divide the pasta into two plates (it’s okay. You can put extra on your plate). Top the pasta with the fried shrimp and ladle the cream sauce over them. You can also do the sauce first and shrimp later. Lastly, garnish with some freshly grated parmesan and basil. Your delicious shrimp scampi is ready.
|Saturated Fat||37 g|
|Trans Fat||2 g|
How Will The Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi Look And Taste Like?
The Cheesecake Factory shrimp scampi looks beautiful just like any other shrimp scampi recipe beautiful with the fried shrimp atop of the angel hair pasta floating in the creamy sauce. The sauce has strong flavors and a creamy and smooth texture. The crispy shrimp and the delicate angel hair pasta also go very well together. This is a great pasta recipe, if you ask me.
The Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Large Pot
- Small Bowl
- Shallow Dish
- Large Saucepan
- Paper Towels
- Wooden Spoon
- ½ package Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 pound Shrimp (deveined, peeled, and butterflied)
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For The Breading
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan (shredded) (plus some more for garnish)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
For The Cream Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup White Wine
- 5 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 plum Tomato (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Basil (chopped) (plus more for garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and salt and coat the shrimp with it. Then, chill the shrimp for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and keep it aside.
- Now, take a shallow bowl and add breadcrumbs, parmesan, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix them and then cover the shrimp in this breading.
- After that, pour olive oil into a large skillet and cook the shrimp in it for 5 minutes. Then, take it out on paper towels.
- To the same saucepan, add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic cloves to it. Then, simmer it for 8-10 minutes.
- Once it has considerably reduced, pour the heavy cream into it and add the onions. Stir this mixture and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Then, mix in the tomatoes and basil and season with salt and pepper. Mix it well and your cream sauce is ready.
- Transfer and divide the pasta into plates. Top the pasta with the fried shrimp and the cream sauce. Lastly, garnish with some freshly grated parmesan and basil. Your delicious shrimp scampi is ready.
This was all you need to know about the Cheesecake Factory shrimp scampi. Tell me in the comments how well you liked this recipe. See you next time.