The Cheesecake Factory roasted chicken is a delicious and juicy chicken roasted with lemon and herbs. The chicken has a fresh herby and tangy flavor. It takes an hour and a half to cook, but there is no hard labor in the recipe. You don’t have to do elaborate preparations or make something a day ahead. Get a chicken (yes, a whole chicken) and the herbs and things I have mentioned.
If you have prepared a roasted chicken before, then you know how it’s done. There are usually two ways to go about it. One way is to mix your herbs and seasoning with butter and rub that all over the chicken. The other way is to directly stuff the herbs, lemon, and seasoning in the chicken. Today, we are going to follow the second approach.
This recipe is perfect for elaborate fancy dinners or just cozy ones. The flavors of the chicken are not complicated or overwhelming at all. You can eat as it is or serve it on a bed of cooked rice and some steamed veggies. This way, you can make a whole meal out of it. So, let me tell you the recipe for the Cheesecake Factory roasted chicken.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken?
- Roasting Pan and Roasting Rack – Place a roasting rack inside a roasting pan and get ready for roasting.
- Oven – Cook the chicken at a high temperature in the oven.
- Aluminum Foil – Once you have cooked the chicken, cover it with foil and let it rest.
- Knife and Brush – Use the knife for halving and slicing. Use the brush to cover the chicken in olive oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes||15 Minutes||2 Hours|
What Ingredients Wil You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken?
- Whole Chicken – A 4 ½-pound chicken should do great in serving four people. Keep the chicken ready by rinsing it and then patting it dry.
- Lemon – Add a tangy and fresh taste to the chicken with some lemon. Halve it and slice one half in the chicken cavity. Slice the other half into beautiful thin slices and stuff them under the chicken skin. This will give the chicken a lemony taste all over.
- Garlic – Add the earthy allum taste to your chicken with some garlic. Cut a garlic head horizontally and stuff it inside the chicken cavity.
- Rosemary and Thyme – The herby taste comes from fresh rosemary springs and thyme. Just stuff some in the chicken cavity and tuck some under its skin.
- Olive Oil – Brush the chicken with olive oil so that it becomes crisp on roasting and doesn’t dry up.
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper – Don’t forget to season the chicken well inside out.
Steps To Make The Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken
1. Chicken Stuff
As we are going to roast the chicken, it’d be a good idea to keep the oven preheated. The temperature should be about 400℉.
Now, take the chicken (which I hope you have rinsed and pat-dried) and season its cavity generously with salt and pepper. Also, sprinkle some seasoning on the exterior of the chicken. After that, stuff half a lemon, rosemary, thyme, and garlic in the chicken cavity.
Slice the remaining half of the lemon into thin slices and tuck them under the skin of the chicken. Also, stuff two rosemary sprigs under the skin of the chicken breast. Now, you are ready for some roasting.
2. Roast The Stuffed Chicken
Place the prepared chicken on a roasting rack in a pan and brush the chicken with olive oil on all sides. Then, put it into the oven and roast the chicken for about an hour and a half until the juices run clear. Remember to baste the chicken in its juices for a minimum of one time while roasting it.
After that, take it out, cover it with foil, and let it rest for about 15 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute. Then, take out the herbs, garlic, and lemon from the chicken. Sharpen your carving knives and carve the chicken. Serve your delicious roasted chicken on a pretty bed of rice and some stir-fried vegetables.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
How Will The Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken Look and Taste Like?
The Cheesecake Factory roasted chicken looks golden, crispy, and delicious. It is flavorful all over and taste herby, lemony, and garlicky (you get the point). The roasting makes the skin of the chicken is crispy while the meat is juicy. This lemon-herb roasted chicken will go great with rice and veggies, but I have a feeling I have mentioned that a few times.
The Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- Roasting Rack
- Aluminum Foil
- Knife and Brush
- 1 (4 ½ -pound) Whole Chicken (rinsed, pat-dried)
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- 1 head Garlic (halved horizontally)
- 6 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- ½ bunch Fresh Thyme
- Olive Oil (for brushing)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to season)
- As we are going to roast the chicken, keep the oven preheated at 400℉.
- Then, take the chicken and season its cavity with salt and pepper. After that, stuff half a lemon, rosemary, thyme, and garlic in the chicken cavity.
- Slice the remaining half of the lemon into thin slices and tuck them under the skin of the chicken. Also, stuff two rosemary sprigs under the skin of the chicken breast.
- Place the prepared chicken on a roasting rack inside a roasting pan. Brush it with olive oil and put it into the oven. Roast the chicken for about an hour and a half until the juices run clear. Baste it once in the juices while roasting.
- After that, take it out, cover it with foil, and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Then, take out the herbs and lemon from the chicken, carve it, and serve. Your delicious roasted chicken is ready.
This was the recipe for The Cheesecake Factory roasted chicken. Try to make the herby chicken at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time.