Cheesecake Factory’s original cheesecake is the ultimate masterpiece on the Cheesecake Factory menu. This sugar-loaded dessert has cream cheese mixed with sour cream, sugar, and eggs. This cheesecake is topped with a mixture of cream and sugar. But you don’t need to go to the Cheesecake Factory to enjoy the original cheesecake. Now you can make it at home. You just need to read this recipe below.
Cheesecake Factory’s original cheesecake is a delightful meld of cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. The soft buttery cracker crumbs add a slight crisp to the base of the cake. You can top this cake with cherry, or cranberries or use any other topping. The water bath used for this recipe prevents the top layer from cracking.
You can use a whisk to make the cream cheese filling if you don’t have the mixer. Make sure you use unsalted butter instead of salted butter for the crust. Cheesecake Factory’s original cheesecake recipe is a child’s play. It’s incredibly delicious and surprisingly easy.
Check out the list below to know about the ingredients and equipment used in the recipe. Now, let’s begin with the recipe for the Cheesecake factory’s original cheesecake! But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Cheesecake Factory copycat recipes from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory Thai Coconut Lime Chicken – Cheesecake Factory Thai coconut lime chicken has tender chicken drenched in Thai coconut lime gravy. This Cheesecake Factory’s version of Thai coconut lime chicken is loaded with the flavors of coconut, zesty lemon, and sweet flavors of honey and mango. Cashew and mushrooms add a nutty twist to this dish.
2. Cheesecake Factory Steak Diane – Cheesecake Factory steak Diane has fork-tender seasoned and seared steak. This crispy steak is combined with creamy thick gravy. The gravy for steak Diane is infused with the flavors of onion and mushrooms and onions de-glazed with wine. The gravy is spiced up with the taste of Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning spices.
3. Cheesecake Factory Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake – Cheesecake Factory strawberry cheesecake graham cracker crust and strawberry flavored filling. It’s sweet and a little tangy and goes well with caramelized strawberry sauce. This dish can be enjoyed with any celebration meal.
4. Cheesecake Factory Meatloaf – Cheesecake Factory meatloaf is a delightful combination of ground beef and sauteed veggies like onion, carrots, bell peppers, etc. Eggs and milk are added to the mixture to make it soft. Every bite of this dish is meaty and filled with the flavors of spices like pepper, paprika, thyme, and many more.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake?
- Bowl – You can combine the cracker crumbs with butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat the eggs in a small bowl before adding them to the mixer containing the cream cheese mixture.
- Springform Pan – Use a 9-inch springform pan to bake the cheesecake.
- Spatula – Combine the ingredients for the crust and spread them in the bottom of the pan using a spatula. You can use a spatula to add the cream cheese filling to the crust.
- Spoon – Level the cream cheese filling and the topping over the cake using the spoon.
- Mixer – Blend the ingredients together in the mixer for the cream cheese filling.
- Pan – Use a large pan to make the water bath for the cheesecake.
- Oven – You can’t bake this cake without an oven. Make sure you preheat the oven and keep the water bath warm in it while making the cheesecake filling.
- Foil – Wrap the foil around the bottom of the pan before placing it in the water bath. Foil locks the heat and retains the moisture.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Extra Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour 12 Minutes||4 Hours||5 Hours 27 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake?
- Cracker Crumbs – Cracker crumbs as the major ingredient for the crust. I’ve used one and a half cups of graham cracker crumbs for this recipe.
- Ground Cinnamon – Add a one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon to the cracker crumbs to add a mild sweet and spicy flavor to it.
- Butter or Margarine – You can use margarine or unsalted butter to give a nice soft texture to the crust. Add a one-third cup of melted unsalted butter or margarine to the cracker crumbs for the crust.
- Cream Cheese – For the cheesecake filling, I’ve used four 8-ounce packages of cream cheese. Soften the cream cheese before using it in the recipe.
- Sugar – Sugar adds sweetness to the filling. Add one and a half cups of sugar to the cream cheese for the cake.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream enhances the texture of the cream cheese filling and adds more flavor to it. You need to add a half cup of sour cream to the cream cheese mixture.
- Vanilla Extract – Add vanilla flavor to the cheesecake filling by adding two teaspoons of vanilla extract to the cream cheese filling.
- Eggs – Eggs thicken the cheesecake filling and add more flavor to it. Combine five beaten eggs with the cream cheese mixture.
- Sour Cream – To make the topping for the cheesecake, you need sour cream. Sour cream sets on the top layer when refrigerated and it intensifies the flavors in the cheesecake. Whisk a half cup of sour cream with sugar.
- Sugar – Sugar adds sweetness to the topping. Combine two teaspoons of sugar with sour cream for topping.
Steps To Make Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake
1. Make The Crust
Mix cinnamon with graham crackers and add margarine butter to the mixture. Make a smooth mixture and add it to a springform pan lined with parchment paper. Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of this pan and place it in the freezer for a few minutes.
2. For Filling
Combine cream cheese with sugar, sour cream, and vanilla in a mixer. Whisk eggs in another bowl and add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture in the mixer. Blend them again until a creamy smooth mixture is formed. Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the cream cheese filling.
3. Add Topping
Take a large pan and fill ⅔ of this pan with hot water. Place the springform pan in this water bath and bake it in the preheated oven (475 F) for about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 F and bake it for further 60 minutes until the cheesecake turns golden. For the topping, combine sour cream with sugar and spread it on top of the cake. Refrigerate this cake for at least 4 hours.
How Will Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Look and Taste?
Grab your fork and plunge in the creamy smooth layer of topping and cream cheese filling. The creamy layer on top is sour cream combined with sugar. The cream cheese filling under the topping is loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and eggs. The crust has soft buttery cracker crumbs. This dreamy creamy dessert is perfect to be enjoyed on special occasions.
Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Recipe
- 9-inch Springform Pan
- 1 ½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter (or margarine, melted)
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 ¼ cups Sugar
- ½ cup sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Add margarine butter to the graham cracker crumbs in a mixer. Make a smooth mixture and transfer it to a springform pan lined with parchment paper. Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the springform pan and place it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Now, combine cream cheese with sugar, sour cream, and vanilla in a mixer. Beat eggs in another bowl and gently add these eggs to the cream cheese mixture in the mixer. Blend them again until a creamy smooth mixture is formed. Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the cream cheese filling.
- Fill ⅔ of a large pan with hot water. Place the springform pan in this water bath and bake it in the preheated oven (475 F) for about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 F and bake it for further 60 minutes until the cheesecake turns golden. Top this cake (when it cools down0 with the mixture of sour cream and sugar. Refrigerate this cake for at least 4 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the original cheesecake called?
The original cheesecake is called plakous including patties of fresh cheese pounded smooth with flour and honey cooked on the griddle.
Where did cheesecake Factory originate?
Cheesecake Factory originated in Beverly Hills, California.
Who founded The Cheesecake Factory?
David. M Overton founded the Cheesecake Factory in 1978.
Which is better bake or no-bake cheesecake?
The texture and taste of both the cheesecakes are different. The no-bake version is softer than the baked cheesecake.
That’s all about this creamy dessert! Did you enjoy it? Tell me in the comments below and check out our other copycat recipes too.