The Cheesecake Factory orange chicken is a sweet and spicy chicken dish that you can have with a bowl of rice. The chicken is first covered with flour and then deep-fried. It is then covered in a sweet, tangy, and spicy orange sauce. The little chicken poppers are your rice’s best friend. Add some steamed veggies on the side and you have an amazing dinner.
The orange chicken is really easy to make. Like any other chicken-and-sauce recipe, you fry the chicken to a golden crisp, make the sauce, and then cover the chicken in it. The thick sauce has freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice in it. What makes it lean to the orange side more is the added orange zest into it.
This Cheesecake factory-inspired recipe is as delicious as the restaurant. You just need an hour to make it and then a second to eat it (Get it? Because it’s so tasty). I have mentioned all the details you need to know in the recipe below. So, let’s see the recipe for the Cheesecake Factory orange chicken. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Cheesecake Factory copycat recipes from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci – Cheesecake Factory pasta Da Vinci has tender bites of penne pasta mixed with chicken and sauteed veggies like mushrooms and onion. This combination of pasta and veggies is complimented by tossing them with Madeira- based sauce. It’s super delicious and a perfect Italian side dish.
2. Cheesecake Factory Roasted Chicken – Cheesecake Factory roasted chicken has a crispy golden crust. This juicy tender chicken is infused with the flavors of lemon, garlic, and herbs like thyme and rosemary. It’s spiced up with salt-pepper seasoning. This chicken has a citrusy flavor with the herbal essence of rosemary and thyme. You can try this main course dish with Cheesecake Factory with any side dish of your choice.
3. Cheesecake Factory Tiramisu – Cheesecake Factory tiramisu is a bitter-sweet dessert. It’s a delicious combination of ladyfingers, delicious mascarpone cheese, and coffee liqueur. It’s topped with whipped cream and ground chocolate and gives a perfect finish to every meal.
4. Cheesecake Factory Veggie Burger – Cheesecake Factory’s veggie burger has veggies like onion, beets, mushrooms, etc. The burger patty is grilled and is made from brown rice mushrooms, pepper, brown rice, sauces, and spices. This burger is healthy and has the flavors of Dijon mustard, egg, oats, etc. You can try this burger with fries, sauce, and refreshing drinks.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken?
- Medium Bowls – Use one bowl for seasoned flour and one bowl for beaten egg.
- Deep Fryer – Fry the chicken pieces in a deep fryer for perfectly crisp chicken.
- Large Saucepan – Make the sauce in a large saucepan.
- Small Bowl – Mix cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Serving Bowl – Add the cooked and sauce-covered chicken to a serving bowl along with some rice and steamed veggies.
- Paper Towels – Drain the excess oil from the fried chicken pieces using paper towels.
- Whisk And Tongs – Use a whisk to mix the sauce and tongs for dredging and dipping the chicken.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||20 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make The Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken?
For The Chicken
- Chicken Breasts – You need boneless and skinless chicken breast for this recipe. Cut the chicken breasts into 1 ½ inch-sized pieces.
- All-Purpose Flour – For coating, the chicken, mix all-purpose flour with the dry rubs.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season black pepper to make the flour coating for the chicken.
- Eggs – Dip your chicken pieces in some beaten egg so that the flour sticks to it.
- Vegetable Oil – Fry the chicken until golden
For The Orange Sauce
- Orange Juice and Lemon Juice – Add orange juice and lemon juice to the saucepan. This will give the sauce the delicious sweet and sour citrus flour.
- Orange Zest – Add grated orange zest to the sauce to give it a strong orange taste and aroma.
- Ginger – Add some spicy warmth with some minced ginger to it.
- Water – Add the water to the sauce to dilute the sauce a bit.
- Soy Sauce – Soy sauce adds salinity to the sauce.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar adds a mild sweetness to the sauce and balances the tart flavor of the citric juices.
- Garlic Powder – Add some allum flavor to the sauce with some garlic powder.
- Cornstarch – Mix cornstarch with water and add to the sauce to thicken it.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Red pepper flakes add hotness to the sauce.
Steps To Make The Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken
1. Dipping And Dredging
Let’s start with the chicken pieces. Once you have cut the chicken pieces, pat them dry. Then, take two medium bowls and add beaten egg into one. In another bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper, and mix. Now, dip the chicken pieces in the eggs and then dredge the pieces in the flour.
2. Deep Fryer On A Roll
Place the pieces in a deep-fryer in which the oil has been preheated to 360℉. This temperature will make sure you have crispy fried chicken. Fry the pieces until they are golden. Then, take them out and drain the excess oil over paper towels.
3. Citric Sauce
Now, take a large saucepan and pour the water, soy sauce, orange, and lemon juice into it. After that, add orange zest, garlic powder, ginger, and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring this mixture to a boil.
After that, add the cornstarch and water mixture slowly into the sauce and keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Then, remove the pan from heat. Your orange sauce is ready.
4. Toss It In The Air
Add the chicken to a serving bowl and pour the sauce over it. Toss the chicken so that it gets evenly coated. If you want, you can sprinkle some sesame seeds on the chicken. Top it with some red pepper flakes and serve with some hot rice and steamed veggies.
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
How Will The Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken Look And Taste Like?
The orange chicken is, for obvious reasons, orange in color. The little pieces have a sweet, tangy, and spicy taste. The orange aroma and taste are prevalent in the sauce. The chicken is perfectly fried and goes like a dream with the thick citric sauce.
The Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 Medium Bowls
- Deep Fryer
- Large Saucepan
- Small Bowl
- Serving Bowl
- Paper Towels
For The Chicken
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 1 ½-inch pieces)
- 1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
For The Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest (grated)
- ½ teaspoon Ginger (minced)
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 2 ½ tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons Cornstarch (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Take two medium bowls and add beaten egg into it. In another bowl, add flour, salt, and pepper, and mix.
- Now, dip the chicken pieces in the eggs and then dredge the pieces in the flour.
- Place the pieces in a deep-fryer in which the oil has been preheated to 360℉. Fry the pieces until they are golden. Then, take them out and drain the excess oil over paper towels.
- Now, take a large saucepan and pour the water, soy sauce, orange, and lemon juice into it. After that, add orange zest, garlic powder, ginger, and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring this mixture to a boil.
- After that, add the cornstarch and water mixture slowly into the sauce and keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Then, remove the pan from heat.
- Add the chicken to a serving bowl and pour the sauce over it. Toss the chicken so that it gets evenly coated. Top it with some red pepper flakes and serve with some hot rice and steamed veggies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the orange chicken at Cheesecake Factory spicy?
Cheesecake Factory orange chicken is sweet and spicy with the notes of orange zest and juice.
What is orange chicken supposed to taste like?
Orange chicken is juicy, succulent, fried, and prepared with a sweet and spicy tang.
Why is it called orange chicken?
The orange chicken dish has originally come from the “tangerine chicken” dish from Hunan province, China.
Is orange chicken an actual Chinese dish?
Yes, orange chicken is an actual Chinese dish. However, there have been Americanized variations of orange chicken.
This was the recipe for the Cheesecake Factory orange chicken. Try making this chicken at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you with another recipe.