Craving the crispy hand-battered Cheesecake Factory fish and chips? What if I tell you that you can make the crispy beer-battered fish along with the chips at home? You’ll be excited, I know. The Cheesecake Factory manufactures a lot more than amazing cheesecakes now. It also serves a lot of great dishes, including this British favorite, fish, and chips.
The recipe is so simple yet great; you’ll make it again and again. The Cheesecake Factory mentions on their site that the fish is hand-battered and then fried. As this is a copycat recipe, we’ll be following in their steps and hand-batter our fish. The batter is simple and is made with flour, baking soda, salt, pepper, egg, and beer. The beer batter makes the fish the best kind of crispy after frying.
Talking about the chips, they are extremely easy to make. You just need to cut and fry some potatoes. I am sure you have made French fries many times before. For the first-timers, I have given the recipe for that as well. So, let’s move to the recipe for the Cheesecake Factory fish and chips, eh mate! (Sorry. Please forgive me for this. I hope, as mature adults, we can move on from this). But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Cheesecake Factory copycat recipes from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory Teriyaki Chicken – Cheesecake Factory Teriyaki chicken has tender and juicy chicken marinated with a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, salt, sugar, and pepper. This chicken is slow-roasted until crispy. This healthy and delicious chicken is served with freshly prepared marinade sauce.
2. Cheesecake Factory Dulce De Leche Cheesecake – Cheesecake Factory Dulce De Leche cheesecake has crumbly and sugary sweet graham cracker crust. The creamy sweet filling of this cheesecake is filled with the flavors of cream cheese, vanilla extract, Dulce de Leche, eggs, and cream cheese. Butter adds more flavor and richness to the texture of the cheesecake.
3. Cheesecake Factory Flatbread Pizza – Cheesecake Factory flatbread pizza has a soft and fluffy base with mozzarella cheese spread on it. The toppings include tomato, oregano, basil leaves, etc. This pizza is loaded with the taste of cheese, tomatoes, and spices like salt, pepper, and oregano. You can make this pizza easily at home.
4. Cheesecake Factory Four Cheese Pasta – Cheesecake Factory four cheese pasta is a delicious penne pasta. It has four different kinds of cheese and eggs, basil, and marinara mixed in it. The pasta mixture is baked to perfection and is served as a delicious cheesy side dish.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory Fish And Chips?
- Large Bowls – Make the batter in one bowl while keeping some dry flour in another bowl.
- Large Skillet – Place a large skillet over heat and pour oil into it. This is how you’ll fry the fish and chips.
- Paper Towels – After the frying is done, drain the excess oil with the help of paper towels. You don’t want to taste just oil when you eat your fish and chips.
- Whisk, Tongs, Knife, and Slotted Spoon – Use the whisk to make the batter. Gently place the fish in the oil with the help of tongs. Use the knife to cut the fillets and the potatoes. Use the slotted spoon to take the fried items out of the oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory Fish And Chips?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory Fish And Chips?
For The Fish:
- Cod Fillets – Cut the cod fillets into serving-size pieces. If you don’t want to use cod, you can also use haddock or halibut. The recipe will remain unchanged.
- All-Purpose Flour – Most of the flour goes into the batter but save some to dredge the fish. It makes the batter stick better.
- Baking Powder – A pinch of baking powder adds to the crisp when fried.
- Beer – Beer is an important ingredient in the batter. The fizzy beer makes the fish perfectly golden and crispy when fried. There’s a lot of science behind that. You can google it.
- Egg – Add a lightly beaten egg into the batter.
- Vegetable Oil – Heat your oil and fry your fish in the oil.
For The Chips:
- Russet Potatoes – My choice of potatoes for making fries is Russet potatoes. Peel and cut the potatoes vertically to make the long fries.
- Salt – Season your fries with some salt.
- Vegetable Oil – Fry the potatoes in oil and then refry them to get crispy, golden fries.
Steps To Make Cheesecake Factory Fish And Chips
1. Hand Batter The Beer Batter
While you batter the fish, keep the oil ready for frying by preheating it to a temperature of 375℉.
In a large bowl, add beer, flour, salt, baking powder, and egg. Mix everything to make the beer batter for your fish.
Then, place the flour in another large bowl. Season the cod with salt and pepper and dredge them in the flour. This helps the batter to stick better. After that, take these floured fish pieces and dip them in the batter.
2. Fish Fry
Place the fish gently in the flour and fry them until they turn golden brown for about 5 minutes.
Then, take them out and drain the excess oil using paper towels. Your crispy golden fish is ready. Now, it’s time for the chips.
3. Golden Chips In The Making
For frying the potatoes, the temperature should be 375℉ as well. Let’s say this is the optimum temperature for making crispy food.
Place the fries in the oil and fry them for 2-3 minutes and then take them out. After that, return them to the oil at the same temperature for another couple of minutes. This refrying helps to replace floppy fries with crispy fries. Then, take them out of the pan and drain the excess oil with paper towels.
Your fish and chips are ready! Serve them with some tangy tartar sauce and coleslaw, just like they do at the Cheesecake Factory.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0.6 g|
How Will The Cheesecake Factory Fish And Chips Look And Taste Like?
The homemade Cheesecake Factory fish and chips look absolutely amazing. The fish and fries, both golden and crispy. Those are the two best things that can happen to fried food. The fish is seasoned, and so are the fries. Serve them with tartar sauce and coleslaw. They go very well with each other. Just writing about it is making me crave it.
Cheesecake Factory Fish And Chips Recipe
For The Fish
- 1 pounds Cod Fillets (cut into serving-sized pieces)
- 2 cup + ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Beer
- 1 large Egg (lightly beaten)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
For The Chips
- 4 Russet Potatoes (peeled, cut vertically to make the fries)
- Salt (to season)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
Making The Fish
- While you batter the fish, keep the oil ready for frying by preheating it to a temperature of 375℉.
- In a large bowl, add beer, flour, salt, baking powder, and egg. Mix everything to make the batter.
- Then, place the flour in another large bowl. Season the cod with salt and pepper and dredge them in the flour.
- After that, take these floured fish pieces and dip them in the batter.
- Place the fish gently in the flour and fry them until they turn golden brown for about 5 minutes.
- Then, take them out and drain the excess oil using paper towels.
Making The Chips
- For frying the potatoes, the temperature should be 375℉ as well.
- Place the fries in the oil and fry them for 2-3 minutes and then take them out. After that, return them to the oil at the same temperature for another couple of minutes.
- Then, take them out of the pan and drain the excess oil with paper towels.
- Your fish and chips are ready! Serve them with some tangy tartar sauce and coleslaw.
This was the copycat recipe for the beer-battered Cheesecake Factory fish and chips. Try this at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time.