The Cheesecake Factory Cuban sandwich is really a pork lover’s dream. It has the delight of honey-glazed ham and roast pork. This sandwich can surprise you with tons of flavors layered together and is served with fries and green salad. You won’t find this delicious sandwich anywhere other than the Cheesecake Factory’s menu. But guess what! You can have it in your home too. I have this copycat recipe for a Cheesecake Factory Cuban sandwich for you.
The Cheesecake Factory Cuban sandwich has honey-glazed ham and tender roast pork with Swiss cheese. The mustard mayonnaise adds a spicy and mustard-like flavor to the sandwich. You can use leftover pork for this recipe. I’ve mentioned the instructions to roast the pork, too (in case you don’t have leftover pork). You can add as many layers of cheese and pork as you want.
The recipe for the Cheesecake Factory Cuban sandwich is super easy and fun to try. You just need simple equipment and a handful of ingredients to make this sandwich. In case you don’t have leftover pork, follow the instructions below to marinate the pork and roast it. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Cheesecake copycat from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory Buffalo Blasts – Cheesecake Factory buffalo blasts are breaded wontons stuffed with a mixture of cheese, chicken, and buffalo-style hot sauce. This dish is spicy and loaded with the flavors of egg, chicken, and hot sauce. It can be enjoyed with blue cheese dressing, celery, or buffalo-style hot sauce.
2. Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake – Cheesecake Factory pumpkin cake has a cinnamon-spiced buttery crust. The cheesecake filling has cream cheese mixed with pumpkin puree. It’s infused with the flavors of pumpkin spice and vanilla. This creamy cheesecake is topped with white chocolate whipped cream. It’s a tempting fall dessert to be enjoyed with every meal.
3. Cheesecake Factory Pasta Carbonara – Cheesecake Factory pasta carbonara has soft spaghetti mixed with sauce. The sauce for pasta carbonara is filled with butter, cheese, and milk. It has peas and bacon to add nutrients and flavor to this dish. Garlic, pepper, and salt add seasoning flavor to it.
4. Cheesecake Factory Stuffed Mushrooms – Cheesecake Factory stuffed mushrooms are roasted mushrooms filled with a mixture of cheese, lemon, wine, sauteed onions, and breadcrumbs. These delicious mushrooms are brushed with butter and are baked to perfection. These little cheesy mushrooms are spiced up with Italian seasoning.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory Cuban Sandwich?
- Bowl – Keep the pork and marinade mixture in a bowl. You can marinate the pork in the bowl.
- Roasting Tray – Roast the marinated pork by placing it on the roasting tray.
- Foil – Line the roasting tray with foil and then roast it in the oven.
- Spoon – Use a spoon or spatula to drizzle the marinade over the pork before roasting it. You can use a spoon to combine the mayonnaise with mustard.
- Knife – Slice the cheese, ham, or carve the pork for a sandwich using a sharp kitchen knife.
- Food Processor – You can combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor.
- Grill – To grill the sandwich, you need a grill. You can also warm it on a griddle or a large saucepan.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory Cuban Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Marinating Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory Cuban Sandwich?
- Sandwich Loaves – Sandwich loaves are the main ingredient to the recipe. I’ve used four loaves of Cuban sandwich about 8 to 10 inches long. The loaf is halved lengthwise to make a Cuban sandwich.
- Butter – Butter toasts the sandwich and adds more flavor to it. Use a stick of softened and divided unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Mustard – Yellow mustard adds a mildly spicy and mustard-like flavor to the sandwich. Use a cup of yellow mustard to make a mustard sauce for the sandwich.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise adds a sour taste to the sandwich. You need to add a cup of mayonnaise to yellow mustard to make mustard sauce.
- Ham – Slice about one pound of honey-glazed ham for this sandwich. Honey glazed ham has a meaty flavor with a hint of sweetness from the honey.
- Dill Pickles – Thinly slice four large dill pickles to add a sour and briny taste to the sandwich. You can slice it lengthwise or crosswise.
- Cheese – For cheese, I’ve used eight ounces of Swiss cheese slices for this sandwich.
- Kosher Salt – To enhance the taste of this sandwich, use kosher salt.
- Cayenne Pepper – Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the mustard sauce to make it spicier.
For Roast Pork:
- Olive Oil – Add olive oil to the marinade mixture and use some of it to roast the pork. I’ve used about two tablespoons of olive oil for the pork.
- Orange Juice – Orange juice marinades the meat faster and adds fruity and citrusy flavor to it. You can use about two tablespoons of orange juice for the marinade mixture.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice adds a more citrusy flavor to the pork and helps in marinating it faster. You need to add a tablespoon of lime juice to the marinade.
- Sugar – Sugar adds sweetness and balances the bitter and tart flavors in the pork. Combine a tablespoon of light brown sugar with the marinade mixture.
- Kosher Salt – Salt enhances the taste and seasons the pork. You need to combine two teaspoons of kosher salt with other ingredients for the marinade.
- Pepper – Add more spiciness to the pork by adding a half teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Smoked Paprika – Smoked paprika gives a smoky, peppery taste to the pork. Add a half teaspoon of smoked paprika to the marinade mixture.
- Cumin – Cumin adds earthy and a basic seasoning flavor to the pork. You can add a half teaspoon of ground cumin to the marinade.
- Garlic – Garlic is a common seasoning agent. Add two smashed garlic cloves to the marinade.
- Pork – Marinate a one-pound pork tenderloin and roast it to make Cheesecake Factory Cuban sandwich.
Steps To Make Cheesecake Factory Cuban Sandwich
1. Roast Pork Tenderloin
In a food processor, combine orange juice, lime juice, light brown sugar, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic cloves, and black pepper. Make a smooth paste and transfer it into a bowl. Add pork tenderloin to the bowl and cover the bowl. Marinate the pork for about 30 minutes, then place it on a roasting pan lined with foil.
Pour the marinade mixture on top and roast the pork in a preheated oven (450 F) for 20 to 25 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 140 F. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before carving it into ¼- inch pieces.
2. Prep Mustard Sauce
To a bowl containing mayonnaise, add yellow mustard and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Mix to combine and set it aside.
3. Assemble The Sandwich
Spread the mustard sauce on the inside of the sandwich slices. Place ham slices over the mayonnaise on the bottom slice. Layer roast pork and pickled dill slices. Top with cheese slices and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Place the other slice on top. Brush the outer top and bottom of the sandwich with butter.
4. Grill And Serve
Place the sandwich on the preheated grill and press the sandwich lightly until golden brown from the bottom. Now, flip it and press it lightly to have a crispy golden brown finish on the other side too. It’ll take about 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese in the sandwich melts. Then, cut it into halves and serve.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||789 IU|
|Vitamin C||34 mg|
How Will Cheesecake Factory Cuban Sandwich Look and Taste?
The Cheesecake Factory Cuban sandwich is loaded with the taste of ham and pork tenderloin. The ham has a mild sweet taste of honey, while the roast pork is filled with a fruity and citrusy flavor of orange and lemon. Smoked paprika adds a smoky spiciness, while cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper give more seasoning flavor to the pork. The sandwich has buttery, crispy bread on top. The cheese melts with the pork into the mouth. Sliced dill gives a pickle-flavored twist to the sandwich.
Cheesecake Factory Cuban Sandwich Recipe
- 4 Cuban Sandwich Loaves (halved lengthwise)
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (softened and divided)
- 1 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1 pound Honey-Glazed Ham (sliced)
- 4 large Dill Pickles (thinly sliced crosswise)
- 8 ounces Swiss Cheese Slices
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
For Roast Pork:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
- 1 pound Pork Tenderloin
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, light brown sugar, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic cloves, and black pepper in a blender or food processor. Transfer this smooth paste into a bowl. Place the pork tenderloin to the bowl and cover the bowl. Marinate the pork for about 30 minutes, then place it on a roasting pan lined with foil.
- Pour the marinade mixture on top of the pork and roast it in a preheated oven (450 F) for 20 to 25 minutes until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 140 F. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before carving it into ¼- inch pieces.
- Combine mayonnaise and yellow mustard with a pinch of cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Spread the mustard sauce on the inside of the sandwich slices. Place the ham slices over the mayonnaise on the bottom slice. Layer roast pork and pickled dill slices.
- Top the pickled dill with cheese slices and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Place the other slice on top. Brush the outer top and bottom of the sandwich with butter. Place the sandwich on the preheated grill and press the sandwich lightly until golden brown from the bottom.
- Flip the sandwich and press it lightly to have a crispy golden brown finish on the other side too. Let the sandwich grill for about 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese in the sandwich melts. Then, cut it into halves and serve.
Tell me in the comments below if you enjoyed this sandwich. I’m sure you’ll like our other recipes too. Give them a try and enjoy cooking!