One thing that I always enjoy eating and can’t refuse whatever happens is a Cake. Yes, you may find it a little childish but I love cakes. Cakes make me crazy and I get attracted to them every time I see them.
That soft, smooth, sweet, and creamy texture of cakes, OMG! Make me feel like I have got everything in my life. Well, eating a cake is an easy job, but what about making it? Do you know how to make it?
No? Ok, no problem. I didn’t know how to make a cake before. But trust me, it is as easy as difficult it seems to be. Follow me and, let’s make a cake that will make your taste buds go crazy and will remember the taste forever.
Today I will share a recipe for a famous cake for its unique taste, shape, and ingredients. You will usually find this cake in most American weddings and that too in different sizes and proportions this cake is also known as a perfect wedding cake. Can you guys name it? Well, this cake is called Cheese Wheel Cake. Woah! Sounds delicious right? So, let’s start the preparations and bake this beautiful cake in no time.
If you a vegetarian who love cakes, then you should definitely check out the best egg substitutes in cake mix. This way you can make this cake without any hassle. The below mentioned cake recipes I’ve handpicked just for you to check out.
1. Monster Cake– This monster cake is very popular in the game- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This monster cake would restore the health of the character and I was really fascinated with it.
2. Eggless Vanilla Cake– A slice of soft and moist cake with coffee sounds like the perfect recipe for a relaxing evening. All you need to do is bake this delicious eggless vanilla cake. If you are vegan or not, this cake is perfect for you.
3. Pineapple Upside Down– Pineapple Upside Down Cake, a dessert classic is no exception. This yummy cake is loved by people of all ages. Pineapple in itself is a tasty fruit and making a cake out of it is beyond comparison.
4. Trifle with Leftover Cake– Making Trifle at home from scratch might be a difficult recipe to be made. But making it with the leftover cake is what makes it easy. So do check out this recipe.
Ingredients for Cheese Wheel Cake
|Cooking Spray||A little|
|Yellow Cake Mix||16.5 ounce|
|Grapes (Cut into Clusters)||1 bunch|
|Pasteurized Egg Whites||1 large|
|Granulated Sugar||¾ cup|
|Confectioners Sugar||For dusting|
|Rolled Red Fondant||24 ounce|
|Yellow Food Coloring||To tint|
|Vegetable Oil||1-2 tsp|
|Butter Cookies||For serving|
Waiting for this cake is not a good thing. But this wait is worth it. Here is the detailed time frame that will explain how long you have to wait to have this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 hour 20 minutes||30 minutes||1 hour 50 minutes|
Finally, we have reached the part where you will get to know how to make it at home. So let’s start baking this beautiful cake without any further delay. The recipe is easy and I have simplified the steps to make it more convenient for you to understand.
Cheese Wheel Cake Recipe
- Preheat your oven to around 350F and align two cake pans of 9-inch size with wax paper or parchment on it. Apply some cooking spray and prepare the cake as mentioned on the packet. Bake it as directed by the manufacturer.
- After your cakes are ready, let them cool and with the help of a sharp knife, trim the top edge of the cakes at some elevation to make it round in shape.
- Now take the cake pieces and place them on wax paper or parchment, with the trimmed side down. Apply the frosting on its top and cover it entirely. Let the cake freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Make the sugared grapes by brushing them with egg whites and then sprinkling some granulated sugar on its top. Let them dry for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- On a work surface, roll out the one-quarter of fondant until it becomes ⅛ inch thick; dust the surface with some confectioners sugar if needed.
- Cut out a circle of fondant about 8-inch in size and place on wax paper or parchment.place the cake at the center on top.
- Now to the remaining fondant, roll it out into a 13-inch circle and add the scraps to it. Drape this fondant over the cake to cover its surface completely.
- You can smooth the fondant with your hands to make it look more attractive and tuck it in at the cake base. Trim the excess fondant out with a knife.
- Mix the food color in the remaining frosting and change its color to pale yellow. Apply this frosting on the cut sides of the cake and rub some vegetable oil all over the fondant. Garnish with some cookies and grapes.
Finally your Cheese Wheel Cake is done and ready to eat. A best ever cake that will make any special occasion a memorable one.
Nutritional Breakdown of Cheese Wheel Cake
Nutritional information of this recipe is in the table below. Have a look and note down for better diet management.
If you have liked this recipe, then I am sure you will love some other amazing recipes as well. Here are some other cake recipes that you should check to make your day even better. I hope you will like them as well and will try them in your kitchen someday.
Lemon Meringue Cake Recipe: A regular vanilla flavored cake with some twist in its taste. Lemon is the key ingredient and adds that sour taste to it, making that sweet and sour combination a perfect match.
Fiesta Cake Recipe: If you love chocolates then this cake is a heaven for you. A cake made with chocolate, filled with chocolate and chocolate all around. Chocolate lovers, this is your dream recipe. Do try it once.
Try these recipes and don’t forget to respond with any suggestion or review regarding any of these recipes in the comments box below. Till then, take care and happy cooking.