Who doesn’t like to have a toast? Today, we have a great cheese toast recipe for you, the cheese toasties. A cheese toastie is simply a toast with cheese and feels like a hug to the soul. So without any further delay, let’s start.
Many people think that cheese toasties are the same as grilled cheese. But in reality, a grilled cheese sandwich is buttered from the outside. Whereas in a toastie, the bread is buttered from the inside. These sandwiches are generally popular in the UK because they are easy to make and delicious in taste.
To make cheese toasties, take 4 slices of whole-grain bread. Spread cream cheese on the two slices. Add slices of tomato and grated cheese. Then, place this sandwich in a sandwich press. Cook it until the bread is brown then, take it out.
I’ve told you that these British toasts are very easy to make, but this was just a mini recipe. To know the full detailed recipe, stay with me till the end. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Catfish Sandwich– This sandwich has a delicious fried catfish filling covered with spicy tartar sauce. This recipe is a healthy addition to your breakfast.
2. Baileys French Toast– Baileys French toast involves the basic French toast recipe with a dash of Baileys Irish cream liqueur. It also has whipping cream, sugar, and eggs. It is a delicious breakfast.
3. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes– Pumpkin spice pancakes are a great breakfast option. They are delicious and put in that autumn mood. They are easy to make and can be great partners with your pumpkin spice latte!
4. Funeral Sandwiches– These are ham and cheese baked sandwiches. They are perfect to be served as an appetizer or as lunchtime or a breakfast meal.
Cheese Toastie Recipe
- 2 medium slices Whole Grain Bread
- 2 teaspoons Cream Cheese
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 4 teaspoon Cheese (grated)
- Preheat a grill pan or a sandwich press.
- Spread the cream cheese on 2 slices of bread.
- Then, place slices of tomato on the slices and add grated cheese. Place the other slice on top of this.
- Place the sandwich in a sandwich press. Cook until the bread is medium brown.
- When the bread is toasted, take it out of the press or grill. The cheese toastie is ready to serve.