Anything that has cheese melts my heart! Yes, I am that person who fondly looks for extra cheese in pasta or double cheese in pizza crust. And today, I’ll be sharing a recipe that is loaded with cheese. It is the classic Cheese Sauce!
Having an amazing, creamy cheese sauce in the kitchen is a game-changer. It goes well with quite a bunch of things, be it nachos, pita bread, salads, pasta, toasts and you may experiment it with various other things available in your kitchen.
Cheese sauce can be made by prepared by making a roux and adding milk to it. Now, add pepper and onion powder to it. Then, add cheddar and parmesan to the mixture. Your cheese sauce is ready to rock!
I serve cheese sauce with fish and chips and my friends love it. So, why not try this sauce at home and relish it with family and friends. It is any day better than the store-bought sauces. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Red Chile Sauce– Red Chile sauce is very popular in Mexico and people there use it as a substitute for their regular tomato ketchup. This sauce is also called red chili enchilada sauce.
2. Bistro Sauce– Bistro sauce has got a composition of mustard, horseradish and garlic, which makes it a smooth texture.
3. Parsley Sauce– The sauce is very easy to make and gives a good aroma. The creamy texture of the recipe makes it an excellent addition to any cuisine.
4. Cranberry Sauce– Cranberry sauce gives a lightness to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and it adds a delectable flavor. It compliments best with various types of meat like chicken, turkey, pork and ham.
Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 ¼ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ⅛ tbsp White Pepper
- ¼ tbsp Onion Powder
- Firstly, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour to it. Cook for about 2 minutes. The mix of flour and butter, called ‘roux’, is an essential part and needs to be whipped continuously to get rid of any starchy flavour before adding any ingredient.
- Pour in milk slowly while stirring the mixture to avoid the formation of lumps.
- You may now add the onion powder and white pepper to the mix. I also splash a tablespoon of garlic powder to add an extra edge to the sauce (completely optional).
- Mix well until the mixture reaches a boil and thickens. Now, remove the pan from heat.
- Add grated cheddar and parmesan cheese to the mixture and keep whisking for about 2 minutes until the cheese melts.
I hope the recipe finds a way in your kitchen and you all relish it with your family and friends. Do share your feedback with us in the comment section below and let us know your suggestions. Reach out for help anytime.