Anything that has cheese melts my heart! The cheese sauce is one of the delectable sauces that can be cherished with various fried snacks. Making it in your kitchen is quite easy and can be prepared in no time.
Cheese sauce can be made by preparing a roux and adding milk to it. Now, add pepper and onion powder to it. Then, add cheddar and parmesan to the mixture. Your cheese sauce is ready to rock!
Your cheese will start to get clumpy or stringy if it gets too hot. To avoid this, add the cheese at the very end, then promptly remove it from the heat.
I serve cheese sauce with fish and chips and my friends love it. So, why not try this sauce at home and relish it with family and friends. It is any day better than the store-bought sauces.
Check out the details for this classic cheese sauce that is filled with cheesy goodness and rich spices. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Calabrian Sauce Recipe
- Melba Sauce Recipe
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
- Mexican Adobo Sauce Recipe
- Chili Con Queso Recipe
- Cherry Sauce Recipe
- Grandma Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Sherry Sauce Recipe
- Cranberry Mayo Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cheese Sauce?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan to prepare the cheese sauce at home.
- Spoon – Use a large spoon to add the spices and stir them frequently.
- Grater – Grate the cheddar and parmesan cheese with a help of a grater.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cheese Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cheese Sauce?
- Milk – Adding milk will thicken the consistency of the sauce.
- Butter – A tablespoon of butter will bring out a soft and smooth texture to the cheese sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese – For a cheesy blend of flavors add grated cheddar cheese.
- Parmesan Cheese – Along with cheddar cheese add half a cup of parmesan cheese for nutty flavor.
- Flour – Prepare the roux gravy with half a cup of flour mixed with butter.
- White Pepper – Spice up the cheese sauce with a pinch of white pepper.
- Onion Powder – Add a teaspoon of onion powder for aromatic flavors.
- Garlic Powder – Bring out pungent flavors with a pinch of garlic powder.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Cheese Sauce
1. Roux In Making
Prepare the roux gravy by merging butter and flour in a saucepan. The mixture of butter and flour is called a roux.
Then, add half a cup of milk, stirring frequently to avoid forming lumps.
2. Cheese Blend
Add grated cheddar and parmesan cheese to the mixture and keep whisking for about 2 minutes until the cheese melts. Immediately, stir in the spices like salt, white pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Simmer the sauce until it is thickened, creamy, and smooth. Once the sauce is prepared, serve with fried snacks and enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||1.3 g|
How Will Cheese Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Cheese sauce will look cream, thick, and flavorful. The oozing cheesy flavors will satiate your cravings. Serve this cheesy sauce with your favorite snacks and side dishes.
All in all, the creamy and zesty flavors are the icing on the cake. Having an amazing, creamy cheese sauce in the kitchen is a game-changer.
It goes well with quite a bunch of things, be it nachos, pita bread, salads, pasta, toast and you may experiment it with various other things available in your kitchen.
Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 ¼ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Grarlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Firstly, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour to it. Cook for about 2 minutes to make 'roux'
- Whip it continuously to get rid of any starchy flavor before adding any ingredient.
- Pour in milk slowly while stirring the mixture to avoid the formation of lumps.
- You may now add the onion powder and white pepper to the mix.
- I have also added a splash of garlic powder to add an extra edge to the sauce (completely optional).
- Mix well until the mixture reaches a boil and thickens. Now, remove the pan from heat.
- Add grated cheddar and parmesan cheese to the mixture and keep whisking for about 2 minutes until the cheese melts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you make a cheese sauce?
Simmer all the elements in a saucepan to prepare easy and quick cheese sauce at home. First, prepare the roux gravy, and then merge the milk, cheese, and spices. The cheese sauce will be ready in just 20 minutes.
What is a good melting cheese for sauce?
Some of the good options for adding melting cheese to the sauce are Asiago, Cheddar, Colby, fontina, Gouda, Gruyère, Havarti, Monterey Jack, or Muenster.
How do you keep cheese sauce from breaking?
Adding a little cornstarch can rescue the sauce and prevents it from breaking.
How do you make cheese sauce thicker?
Milk, cornstarch, and cheese are the elements that will make the cheese sauce thicker.
Homemade cheese sauce has a perfect creamy texture and mild seasonings your family will love! The flavors are gentle enough that kids will go crazy over it. It is soo good you will be pouring this cheese on everything!
I hope the recipe finds a way into your kitchen and you all relish it with your family and friends. Do share your feedback with us in the comment section below and let us know your suggestions. Reach out for help anytime.