Anything that has cheese melts my heart! Yes, I am that person who fondly looks for extra cheese in pasta or double cheese in pizza crust. And today, I’ll be sharing a recipe that is loaded with cheese. It is the classic Cheese Sauce! I load mine with a lot of cheddar cheese and it never fails me.
Having an amazing, creamy cheese sauce in the kitchen is a game-changer. It goes well with quite a bunch of things, be it nachos, pita bread, salads, pasta, toasts and you may experiment it with various other things available in your kitchen.
I serve cheese sauce with fish and chips and my friends love it. So, why not try this sauce at home and relish it with family and friends. It is any day better than the store-bought sauces. Let me share the ingredients needed to create this magic.
Ingredients for Cheese Sauce
|Milk||1 ½ cups|
|Cheddar Cheese||1 1/4 cup|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/4 cup|
|White Pepper||1/8 tbsp|
|Onion Powder||1/4 tbsp|
Now that the ingredient list is handy, let’s check out the time required to make the cheese sauce in our kitchens.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||8-10 minutes||15 minutes|
What are you waiting for? Grab the ingredients and get rolling. I am sure this divine sauce will not fail you. Take a look at the step by step procedure to make the cheese sauce and then try it in your kitchen.
Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Firstly, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour to it. Cook for about 2 minutes. The mix of flour and butter, called ‘Roux’, is an essential part and needs to be whipped continuously to get rid of any starchy flavour before adding any ingredient.
- Pour in milk slowly while stirring the mixture to avoid the formation of lumps.
- You may now add the onion powder and white pepper to the mix. I also splash a tablespoon of garlic powder to add an extra edge to the sauce (completely optional).
- Mix well until the mixture reaches a boil and thickens. Now, remove the pan from heat.
- Add grated Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese to the mixture and keep whisking for about 2 minutes until the cheese melts.
Pro Tip: Remember to turn off the heat before adding cheese, as it may become coarse if too much heat is given.
Your delicious Cheese Sauce is ready to be served the way you like.
Nutritional Breakdown of Cheese Sauce
Note– The nutritional breakdown is for a Serving Size of 1 cup (252g).
How to Make Cheese Sauce at Home | Video
Here’s a helpful video for you all to understand the step by step procedure of the cheese sauce. It makes the learning exciting too.
I hope the recipe finds a way in your kitchen and you all relish it with your family and friends. Do share your feedback with us in the comment section below and let us know your suggestions. Reach out for help anytime.