It is safe to claim that everyone enjoys a bowl full of cheese fries. These can be the perfect movie snack for you to enjoy with your friends. Today, I will demonstrate a recipe so you can make them at home.
The trick to making perfect cheese fries is by choosing the right potatoes. You need to select the ones with high starch content so that they do not end up turning red in colour and turn soggy within a short period of time. This enables you to attain the right texture and colour for your cheese fries.
To make cheese fries, cut the potatoes and boil them in water. Dry and dust them in the cornflour. Now fry them in oil at high flame for 1 minute. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a pan, saute onion, then add turmeric, rich chilli powder, some milk. Gradually, add cheese slick and mozzarella cheese to this mixture. Drizzle the smooth mixture over the fries.
I have provided you with an overview of the cheese fries recipe, further in this article you can find out extensive information regarding the ingredients, nutritional value, detailed recipe and more. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Open Faced Texas Burger– Open faced burger consists of more than one food item on a slice of the burger bun. It can be consumed as breakfast, lunch, supper, or an evening snack.
2. Mac and Cheese Bites– Hearing of Mac and Cheese makes everyone drool. The recipe today is not of the basic mac and cheese we eat in a plate. It is of Mac and cheese that you can finish in just two bites.
3. Air Fryer Pizza Rolls– This homemade snack is easy to prepare and can even be used few days after they are made.
4. Scotch Eggs– Scotch eggs make for a very delicious and fulfilling breakfast. They are a great recipe if you are looking to do something different for your meal.
Ingredients for Cheese Fries
- 4 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp Cornflour
- Salt as per Taste
- Cooking Oil for Frying
For Cheese Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Small Chopped Onion
- A pinch of Turmeric
- A pinch of Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Cheese Slices
- 2 Tbsp Mozzarella Cheese
Most of the ingredients will be surely available in your kitchen and the rest can be bought from the nearest convenience store. Check out the next section of the article to find out the time you need to spare in order to prepare these starters.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Cheese Fries?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 minutes|
Now that you have been armed with the information regarding the ingredients, the next obvious step is to learn about the steps involved in the preparation of cheese fries.
Steps To Make Cheese Fries
After gathering all the essential data, it is finally time for you to learn the detailed recipe for cheese fries. Follow these steps in order to make some of the most flavorful cheese fries.
- Take a pot and boil water. Add the chopped potatoes to the pot along with a sprinkle of salt to the boiling water. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the water and dry the potato slices with a dry cotton cloth. Add a teaspoon of cornflour to the dries potato slices and mix them well. Fry these potatoes slices in oil until they are golden brown.
- Heat up a wok and add a teaspoon of butter to it, add some finely chopped onion to it along with a pinch of turmeric and red chilli powder. Cook this for 2 minutes and then add 2 slices of processed cheese to it.
- Finally, add mozzarella cheese to this sauce and let it simmer for 2 minutes, when you get a smooth consistency, take the sauce off the flame and pour directly over the fries.
The cheese fries are ready for you to eat, you can sprinkle parsley seasoning over the fries to make it even more flavorful.
Nutritional Breakdown of Cheese Fries
The following is a is a brief overview of the nutritional information of Cheese Fries.
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
How To Make Cheese Fries At Home | Video
Clear any doubts that you might have regarding the recipe through this video.
Let me know through the comment section how did you like the recipe. Share your experience with me in the comments and let me know if you want me to share any particular recipe. Happy Cooking!