For holidays like Thanksgiving, when you are expecting a lot of people, a charcuterie board can act as a nice grazing platter for everyone to enjoy what they prefer. You can easily upgrade your charcuterie board by making some lovely and easy meat flowers!
These charcuterie board meat flowers are not just easy to make but will also make your board look much more attractive as compared to a regular board. The best part, this charcuterie board requires absolutely no cooking at all!
Instead, all you need is some store-bought ingredients, and you need to assemble them in a way that they look pretty! So, even for those who have time constraints, this recipe will be very easy to follow.
Here, before I begin with how exactly this board has to be made, I have mentioned the ingredients you will need to make the flowers and also the equipment needed. Moreover, I have also mentioned all the ingredients you will need to assemble the entire charcuterie board.
Lastly, this article also has the nutritional information for this charcuterie board. So, without wasting any of your time, let us take a look at this simple recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Charcuterie Board Meat Flowers And Assemble The Board?
- Wine Glass – To get the perfect shape of the flowers, a wine glass is a really handy tool. Other types of glasses might not work just as well.
- Charcuterie Board Or Cutting Board – To assemble the charcuterie board, you will need a large wooden charcuterie board or cutting board.
- Cheese Knife – Finally, for the cheese on the board, you will need a cheese knife which will make it much easier for everyone to portion out their favorite cheese.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Charcuterie Board Meat Flowers?
|Preparation Time||Assembling Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Charcuterie Board Meat Flowers?
For The Meat Flowers:
- Pepperoni – Sliced, round cuts of deli meat are the perfect option to use to make charcuterie board meat flowers. You will need around 18 slices of pepperoni for a medium-sized board.
- Ham – To get a variety of flavors, you can use two different types of meats on your charcuterie board. Pepperoni and ham go well together, so this would be the perfect combination. Again, you will need 18 slices of round ham.
For The Charcuterie Board:
- Cheese – Cheese is one of the most important parts of a charcuterie board. But, the choice of cheese does completely depend on your preference. However, I would recommend going for a small wheel of brie, along with around 20 slices of cheddar, for this board.
- Grapes – Grapes pair well with cheese and meat and hence, make a great addition to a charcuterie board. 3-4 medium-sized vines of grapes will do for a single board.
- Crackers – You can use any of your favorite salted crackers to make this charcuterie board. For a single board, 25-35 crackers will be enough.
- Nuts – Nuts again make a very integral part of a charcuterie board. For this board, I would recommend using ten almonds, ten pistachios, and ten walnuts.
Steps To Make Charcuterie Board Meat Flowers
1. Making The First Layer
The first step to assembling your charcuterie board is to make the meat flowers. For this, you will need a wine glass. Firstly, layer slices of pepperoni over the rim of the wine glass. For the first layer, around 4-5 slices will do.
2. Finishing The Flower
Once the first layer is secure, add a second layer of meat in a way that overlaps the first layer. Keep adding layers like this and repeat for upto 4-6 layers until you have a flower. Repeat the same process with the ham. Let the flower be in the glass until you have prepared the rest of your board.
How To Assemble The Charcuterie Board?
The next step, once the meat flowers are ready, is to assemble the charcuterie board. For this, place the cheese, nuts, grapes, and crackers in a neat way onto the board. Once all of this is placed, you can flip the glass over to add the rose.
Since we are using two roses for this board, I would recommend placing one on each side of the board. Make sure your cheese, nuts, and grapes are all placed around this for it to look attractive. After this, your charcuterie board is ready!
|Saturated Fat||5 grams|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 gram|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 grams|
|Trans Fat||0.03 grams|
|Vitamin A||171 micrograms|
|Vitamin C||0.01 milligrams|
How Will The Charcuterie Board Meat Flowers Look And Taste Like?
Charcuterie board meat flowers, or just any food shaped like flowers for that matter, look too beautiful to eat! These meat flowers are absolutely delicious, of course, since they are made with deli meats, but they also add a lot of charm to a regular charcuterie board.
Moreover, not just the meat flowers, but if the charcuterie board is arranged well, it truly looks extremely tempting. So, I am sure that once you see this board, you really won’t be able to stop yourself from trying everything out!
Charcuterie Board Meat Flowers Recipe
For The Meat Flowers :
- 18 nos. Pepperoni (sliced)
- 18 nos. Ham Slice
For The Charcuterie Board :
- 20 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 wheel Brie Cheese
- 3 vines Grapes
- 30 nos. Crackers
- 10 nos. Almonds
- 10 nos. Pistachios
- 10 nos. Walnuts
For The Meat Flowers :
- For the meat flowers, layer 5 slices of pepperoni around the rim of the wine glass. This is the smallest layer.
- Add a second layer of pepperoni slices in a way that it overlaps the first layer.
- Keep adding more layers in the same way and repeat for upto 4-6 layers.
- Repeat the same process with the ham slices.
- Let the flowers be in the glass until the rest of the board is ready.
For The Charcuterie Board :
- Place the nuts, cheese, crackers and grapes on the board neatly.
- Once everything is place neatly, flip the wine glass over to add the meat flower.
- Arrange one flower on each side of the board.
If you try this recipe, do let me know how it turned out in the comments below! For more such Thanksgiving recipes, make sure you check out our recipe section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can other types of meats be used to make these flowers?
Yes, you can use any pre-cut deli meat of your choice to make these flowers.
Can I use square cuts of meat to make these flowers?
No, square cuts of meat won’t really stay in shape and give you a proper flower.
Can berries be used on a charcuterie board?
Yes, berries, in fact, pair really well with cheese and crackers, so they make a great addition to a charcuterie board.
Can other nuts be used on a charcuterie board?
Yes, you can use any nuts of your choice on a charcuterie board.
Can bread be used instead of crackers on a charcuterie board?
Yes, you can use bread rolls instead of crackers on a charcuterie board.