What comes to your mind when you hear the word chicken? Hmm! This word has something extraordinary in it that makes everyone think about it. Well, if I tell you about myself, whenever I hear this word, BBQ is the first thing that strikes my mind. I love it. It is my all-time favorite recipe and why not?
The juicy inside and crispy outside chicken is the best way a person can have it. And in addition to it, that flavor of coal and smoke adds more magnificence to it. So what is your call for this BBQ chicken? If you love eating barbeque chicken, then today, I am sure you will read this whole article with more excitement.
Today, we will make a rare Chicken Barbeque recipe that I am sure you all will love. The recipe is called Charcoal Grilled Chicken and is made using the best quality charcoal such that a smoky and intense flavor gets infused within every piece of that chicken. This chicken is prepared on slow heat and tastes even better. You can also make this Charcoal chicken in the oven, but today I will tell you how to make it using a BBQ grill.
What are we waiting for then? Let’s get into it and know how tasty and delicious this chicken is after being prepared on a grill filled with charcoal. This Charcoal Chicken recipe can be made easily without any trouble or confusion; the only thing you will need is the grill and some charcoal and ready to go. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Top Round Roast Beef– This top round roast beef is very flavourful and delicious compared to other beef dishes because this recipe is prepared from the upper thigh of the cow’s hindquarters that is the most flavourful part of the whole cow.
2. Venison Summer Sausage– This is a nice change from regular summer sausage. The cheddar and jalapenos give it a bit of a spicy kick that is sure to please at gatherings.
3. Jerk Chicken– This recipe is just like a regular BBQ recipe having a little change in its spices. This recipe results in a great texture and keeps the chicken filled with the juice that it carries.
4. Smoked Pork Butt Dish– The process we’re going to follow for this meat cut will not only make the meat tender, smoking will add a unique flavour for a truly delicious eating experience.
Ingredients for Charcoal Chicken
|Chicken||2 -2 1/2 lbs.|
|Lemon Juice||¼ cup|
|Olive Oil||¼ cup|
|Soy Sauce||2 tsp.|
|Ground Cumin||½ tsp.|
|Black Pepper||¼ tsp.|
After the ingredients are ready, you can proceed to the next part of the recipe that is making it. The list ingredients are quite common and can be grabbed from any nearest supermarket or grocery store.
This recipe has no lengthy procedure or any complicated steps that could lead to any confusion or trouble. You can easily make this Charcoal Chicken at home without bothering about anything you can think of. And of course, the timings involved are also not that long. This Barbequed Chicken only takes an hour to get done.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||1 Hour|
After all the formalities are done and nothing else is left, we can finally head towards the last part of the recipe we are already waiting for. So, here is the best charcoal chicken recipe that you can ever cook.
Charcoal Chicken Recipe
- Prepare your chicken in a big dish having large dimensions.
- Take a small bowl, mix all the ingredients left, marinate the chicken with these ingredients and keep it in refrigeration for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Keep this remaining marinade in the bowl for basting.
- Remove excess water from the chicken and keep it dry.
- Cover your hands with some gloves or hot mitt and with the help of tongs arrange hot briquettes in a ring, with about 12 inches of space between the center of coal.
- On this covered grill, grill the chicken with its skin side down, over the charcoal for about 25 minutes.
- Apply the remaining marinade to the chicken that you reserved earlier.
- Cook the chicken properly on every side, keeping the proper heat for about 20-25 minutes, after you see no pink color is visible at the bone. After the chicken is grilled correctly and the color has changed, take it off the charcoal and serve with lemon wedges.
Enjoy your charcoal chicken and feel its delicious and tempting taste that no other chicken recipe can ever give you.
Nutritional Breakdown of Charcoal Chicken
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is provided in the table below. Make the best use of them to keep track of your diet and health.
How to Make Charcoal Chicken at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can watch to see how to grill chicken on a charcoal grill and some other important tips and tricks regarding this recipe as well.
Are you ready to try this recipe? We welcome your thoughts and any other suggestions that you have regarding this recipe. Please reach out by commenting on your views and ideas in the box below. We would love to add the necessary details and thoughts of yours.