Kebab is such cuisine that you can find in a Michelin star restaurant and also as street food. I too have a memory of tasting kebabs for the very first time as street food in Punjab. There it was prepared with the traditional recipe as their ancestors used to prepare them for the Mughal Emperors. This is why because Kebabs are considered to fall in the Mughalai cusine originated in Pakistan. These are made of minced meat with various herbs and spices.
So I thought to share the recipe of one such kebab variety with you; Chapli kebab or Peshawri kebab, whatever you call them but its taste will make you drool. This Mughlai Pakistani cuisine and fondly relished by the people of Dhaka.
These spicy patties are easy to make and is regularly eaten by the people of Lucknow and Hyderabad. Serve them with naan or fill this patty in a bun and make them a great appetizer, Main course or side dish. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Teriyaki Meatballs– Teriyaki meatballs are a combination of teriyaki sauce and meatballs. It combines the beef and pork meatballs with the sweet and savory teriyaki sauce to make a flavorful and unforgettable combination.
2. Chilaquiles– Make Mexican chilaquiles by simmering fried corn tortillas in salsa and serving with cheese, eggs, or beans. An easy and filling breakfast.
3. Chile Toreados– If you are like me who likes extra spice in food, you must know Chile Toreados. In this post, I will share the recipe of this Mexican dish, which will help you spice up your food.
4. Mutton Shami Kabab– Mutton Shami Kabab is a delightful starter with a soft texture and absolute spices to take your taste buds to a different level. It is taken up as the best street food mainly eaten in southern India.
Ingredients for Chapli Kebab
|Cooking Spray||As per requirement|
|Egg (beaten)||1 lightly|
|Ground Beef||1 pound|
|Red Onion (chopped)||1|
|Cilatro (chopped)||¼ cup|
|Mint (chopped)||¼ cup|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 teaspoons|
|Coriander Seeds||2 teaspoons|
|Cayenne Pepper||¾ teaspoon|
|Vegetable Oil||¼ cup|
|Tomato (sliced into rounds)||2|
All the necessary ingredients are readily available at any supermarket. So grab them and get started but before that let’s check out the time taken to make this succulent.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||11 minutes||41 minutes|
Everyone loves an easy recipe and this Peshwari Chapli Kebab is one of it. Making it at home when your guests arrive is a great option. Serve this appetizer with onions, tomato and some chutney.
Chapli Kebab Recipe
- Take a skillet and spray it with the cooking oil spray. Heat the cooking oil over medium flame. Pour eggs into it and cook them scrambled for 3-5 minutes.
- Take a bowl, add scrambled eggs to it that you just cooked and combine it with beef, chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, ginger garlic paste, coriander seeds, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Make a mixture by combining them well. Shape this mixture into patties by taking small to medium proportions and placing a tomato slice in the center of each patty.
- Now, take a skillet and heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and cook the patties until they get charred. It will take 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
If you do not like the crunch of seeds in your bite, then you can replace coriander seeds with coriander powder. So, instead of 2 teaspoons coriander seeds use 1 ½ teaspoon of coriander powder.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chapli Kebab
To check the nutritional breakdown of these Kebabs, you can refer to the table mentioned below.
How to Make Chapli Kebab at Home | Video
Are you making kebabs for the first time? If yes, then do refer to the video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe.
I hope you tried this recipe and liked it. Please share your reviews in the comment section below and if there are any sort of questions regarding the recipe, post your queries in the comment section and I will provide you with the solution. If you like this recipe, share it with your family and friends. Enjoy!