Chana dal chutney is a famous chutney in South India. Today, let’s see how you can make this recipe at your home.
Chana dal is also known as Daria dal. The chutney is very hot and spicy due to the addition of red chilies. You can enjoy the chutney with poha, dosa and uttapam. I first tried the recipe when I was touring South India and I really got addicted to the flavors of the chutney.
To prepare chana dal chutney, first, soak chana dal in water. Now, roast chana dal and mustard seeds. Now, blend the chana dal, cumin seeds, dried red chili and salt. Add chana dal powder to the water and curd. At last, heat mustard seeds and curry leaves in oil and add the mixture.
Now, let’s see the detailed recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Calabrian Sauce– Want to spice your food up? If yes, then there can nothing be better than Calabrian sauce. The recipe is very easy and efficient to make.
2. Bearnaise Sauce– The sauce is great to have with steaks, chicken vegetables and fish. It is a French sauce and has got a luxury taste. This recipe adds and amplifies the flavors of daily life foods.
3. Chestnut Puree– The puree is made by simmering chestnuts in milk and then flavored with vanilla extract. The recipe is very famous on Christmas eve and in Italy, chestnuts are known as castagne or marroni.
4. Annatto Oil– Annatto is a plant and each and every part, like seeds, leaf and root are used to make a myriad variety of medicine.
Chana Dal Ki Chutney Recipe
- First, add chana dal in a bowl and add some water.
- Put curd and water in a bowl and mix it.
- Soak it for 10 minutes.Now, adds 2 tbsp oil to a pre-heated pan.
- Add mustard seeds to it and let them pop.
- Then, add soaked chana dal and roast.Take the chana dal aside and let it cool for some time.
- Now, blend the chana dal, cumin seeds, dried red chili and salt using a blender.
- Now, add the chana dal powder to the water-curd mixture and mix it properly.
- Take a pan and heat 1 tbspake sure that the chutney keeps a thick texture.
- Add this mixture to chana dal and curd mixture and stir well. Make sure that the chutney keeps a thick texture.
- Keep it in a cold place for some time and serve oil and mustard seeds and curry leaves in it.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe. If you have any queries, then feel to free post them in the comment section below and I will be glad to help you.